RAR Password Unlocker is a RAR password recovery software that can crack RAR passwords and extract encrypted RAR files. The software works on different Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, utilizing different processes to help you recover lost passwords of locked RAR files.
RAR Password Unlocker is hosted for free on several websites and you can also use some of them to recover the passwords to ZIP files. The software offers you 3 methods for recovering lost passwords:
- Brute Force
- Brute Force with User-Defined Mask, and
- Dictionary mode
And in case the recovery process is interrupted for any reason — don’t worry — it saves your progress automatically and you can resume the recovery and search for archives on your PC.
Follow the instructions below and I’ll show you how to download and install RAR Password Unlocker to your PC for free.
How to Download and Install RAR Password Unlocker for PC for Free
- Click the DOWNLOAD button on the sidebar to access the download page for the application.
- Click on the Start Download button. It will recognize your operating system and offer the correct file for you.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the setup file to install it on your PC. Grant the requested permission to allow the setup to proceed to completion.
- The installation takes only a couple of minutes and you will see a finish button once it is complete. Now, click the finish button to end the installation process.
- At this point, you have successfully completed the installation of the RAR password unlocker on your PC. Once installed successfully, the home page looks like this:
How to Uninstall RAR Password Unlocker
If RAR Password Unlocker isn’t the right password recovery file for you, check out these free alternatives below.
After you’re finished with RAR Password Unlocker, you can completely remove it from your computer in a few easy steps.
- Click the Windows Start Button at the left end of the Taskbar on your PC to display the Start menu.
- Right-click on the RAR Password Unlocker icon and select uninstall.
- You`ll be taken to the programs folder in the control panel.
- Scroll to “RAR Password Unlocker” and right click to uninstall the software.
- Select yes to remove RAR Password Unlocker and all its components from your PC.
RAR Password Unlocker — Overview
If you have a RAR file that you can’t access because you’ve forgotten the password or just can’t remember the combination of the password characters, you may consider installing a RAR password unlocker on your PC.
Of the three methods (brute force, brute force with user-defined mask, and dictionary mode) that the software uses to unlock RAR archives, the most commonly used and very effective methods are the Brute-Force Attack and Dictionary attack methods.
Once you launch the app, click on the “file button” on the top left of the start page to load the RAR file you want to unlock.
With the Brute-Force attack method, you can set the minimum and maximum password length to search for any password. Furthermore, it allows you to define other distinguishing parameters, that is, if you want to include special characters like symbols, space, numbers, upper, and lower case alphabets.
On the other hand, the dictionary attack method attempts different password combinations against a built-in dictionary that the user can customize. Most commonly, the software has a trial version, which limits password recoveries to only the first three letters of a password and limits recovery attempts by dictionary searches to 10,000 possible combinations.
Since the app is basically available for free, you don’t have to pay to download and use it, unless your search bandwidth exceeds the limit for the trial version. The software is easy to use and has a very basic user interface.
Free Alternatives to RAR Password Unlocker
- cRARk – a professional tool used for quick cracking of RAR/WinRAR and 7-zip password. It is one of the free fastest password recovery software out there. It is a fine alternative to RAR password unlocker, except that you can only use it to crack passwords notore than 7-characters long.
- Advanced Archive Password Recovery – quite useful for unlocking password-protected RAR and ZIP files. It is absolutely free and easy to use. Unlike cRARk, Advanced Archive Password Recovery supports several other file versions of WinZip, WinRAR, WinARJ, and WinACE.
- Free RAR Password Recovery by KRyLack – is another free alternative software available for download and use. The software allows you to recover the password to RAR archives. It uses the Brute Force algorithm and provides users with a convenient user interface. Also, there’s no maximum password length.
You can get a trial version of RAR Password Unlocker at no cost. While there’s no limit to the length of passwords that you can use it to crack, the dictionary method does allow you a maximum of 1,000 password combinations.
Follow the step-by-step guide above to get the free trial version at no risk.