There are two ways to get a free version of Microsoft PowerPoint:
- Download Office 365: Get the entire suite of apps for free for the first month. This is an ideal solution if you just need to get through a project or two, and don’t have any long term needs.
- Use the free browser-based Office 365: Microsoft Office has made all its apps available for free online, along with 5GB of OneDrive cloud storage.
How to Use PowerPoint 365 for Free
- Click on the DOWNLOAD button on the sidebar. This won’t download any software to your computer, but it will bring you to the Office website.
- Click SIGN IN. If you have an account, log in and skip to step 4. Otherwise, click on CREATE ONE FOR FREE.
- You will need to use a real email address because you will be sent a 4-digit code to verify the account.
- Once the account is verified, you will be redirected to the Office 365 site, just click on POWERPOINT to get started.
How to Download a Free Trial of PowerPoint
If you prefer to download the programs to your computer, follow the steps below:
- Click on the DOWNLOAD button in the sidebar. This will take you to the Office homepage.
- Click on the GET OFFICE button.
- Choose the TRY OFFICE FREE FOR 1 MONTH option.
- Once again, click on the TRY 1 MONTH FREE button.
- Log in to your Microsoft account or create an account here.
- Confirm that you want a free trial and then choose a payment method. You won’t be charged as long as you cancel your subscription before the free month is over.
- Confirm your payment method by clicking the SUBSCRIBE button.
- Once the Microsoft subscription is confirmed, click INSTALL. All the Office 365 apps, including PowerPoint, will download to your computer.
How to Uninstall PowerPoint from Windows
After your free trial expires, you can easily remove PowerPoint from your computer in 2 easy steps.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the windows search bar.
- Scroll down to Office 365 and click uninstall.
This will completely remove all of the Office 365 apps.
Alternatives to PowerPoint
PowerPoint may have been the first major slideshow tool, but it certainly isn’t the only one on the market. Several free alternatives are just as good, if not better.
- Open Office: A free open-source option that includes similar apps to Office. The Presentation app has similar designs and fonts as PowerPoint and can even open .ppt files.
- Powtoon: Create an animated presentation with this easy-to-use tool. You can pre-record audio to go with the presentation and let it play like a video, or create it as a slide show, similar to PowerPoint. It has both a free and premium versions
- Google Slides: Part of Google’s G-Suite, all you need is a Google account to access this browser-based presentation tool. It has a similar layout to PowerPoint, complete with predesigned templates, animations, and the option to include speaker notes.
🤑 Is there a free version of PowerPoint?
MS Office used to have free versions of PowerPoint available, but they discontinued that with PowerPoint 2016. You can still find an old version of PowerPoint online but, in addition to being an outdated version, we can’t verify how safe it is since it’s not coming from the original publisher.
Currently, the only free version of PowerPoint is the browser-based version.
😇 Is PowerPoint safe to download?
I downloaded the complete Office 365 app suite and tested it on VirusTotal, and it was completely clean. There were no malware, viruses, spyware, or bloatware. It is important to click the DOWNLOAD button to make sure you get the official program.
🤩 Can I just download PowerPoint, or do I need the entire suite of apps?
Unfortunately, Office doesn’t have an option to download just one of its apps for desktop; the download package includes Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, and Outlook as well. However, you can download individual apps on phones and tablets.
🤓 How do I cancel my PowerPoint/Office 365 subscription?
You can cancel your Office subscription by logging on to your account and turn off the recurring payments. Your account will stay active until the current billing cycle is complete.
😁 Does the browser-based PowerPoint come with templates?
While there aren’t as many templates as you’d get when you buy PowerPoint, there are still plenty of attractive templates available.
😎 Is there an offline mode for the browser-based PowerPoint?
You can access PowerPoint through the mobile app on tablets and smartphones even when you’re offline. Once you get back online, your presentation will be updated, saved, and synced to your OneDrive account.Visit PowerPoint Website