Download Minecraft for Windows
You can get started playing Minecraft in under 5 minutes, no credit card required, but you’ll have to settle for playing in the limited Demo World.
If you’re looking for the full version without testing it out first, there is an option to buy it now when you’re on the download page. You will be required to create a Mojang account and enter your credit card information.
Video Tutorial: How to Download Minecraft for Free
How to Install Minecraft on Windows
- Click on the Download button (on the sidebar) to visit the Minecraft Free Trial page.
- Once you’re on the Minecraft site, click the DOWNLOAD button.
- After the file downloads to your computer, it will open automatically. Click NEXT two times and then click on the INSTALL button.
- When the installation is complete, click on the FINISH button.
- The game will automatically open. Click CONTINUE WITHOUT LOGIN.
- Click on the big button to start.
- This will bring you the login page. If you don’t have an account, click SIGN UP.
- Create your account by clicking on the REGISTER HERE button.
- All you need is an email address and password — no credit card required.
- After you receive a 4 digit verification code in your email, enter it in the box.
- You’ll be redirected to a purchase page. You don’t have to purchase the game to play. Just open up the app and log in with your new account credentials.
- The game will update to the latest version and then click on PLAY DEMO WORLD.
- Start exploring and building your Minecraft world
With over 115 million active players per month, gamers have proven that you don’t need amazing graphics to create a popular game. Minecraft takes place in a blocky, pixelated world filled with monsters that come out at night to attack you. Protect yourself by building different structures to keep the monsters at bay.
You will need to start out by chopping down trees to get wood which can be turned into sticks and boards. From there you’ll be able to craft some tools so you can start building. As you progress through the Minecraft world you’ll be able to acquire better tools that can be used to design weapons, shields, and better structures.
Minecraft has two main modes, Survival and Creative.
- Survival Mode: The scary monsters will come out after sunset and you’ll have the option to either fight or take cover until daybreak.
- Creative Mode: The monsters stay away from this mode, and you’ll have the freedom to build and design an entire world. Imagine that you have access to all the LEGO pieces you could ever want, and build, towers, homes, roads, cars, etc. Your only limit is your imagination.
As you progress in the world of Minecraft, you’ll be able to expand your world by downloading new Mods and play with friends in Multiplayer mode.
How to Uninstall Minecraft from a Windows Computer
If you decide that Minecraft isn’t for you, you can uninstall the game in just a few quick steps.
- Type Add or Remove in the search bar and click on the System Settings option
- Scroll down to Minecraft Launcher and click UNINSTALL
- After the program is removed from your computer you will be asked to restart your computer.
Free Alternatives to Minecraft
Minecraft has spawned several copycat games, which have grown in popularity as well.
- Minetest: A free and open-source game that is very easy to set up and play. The style is similar to Minecraft and it also has community developed Mods, for enhanced play. It’s available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
- SurvivalCraft: Do you have what it takes to survive on a blocky deserted island? Mine for blocks and builds the tools you’ll need to survive. It can be played on Windows, Android, and iPhones.
- The Blockheads: As night falls in this mobile game, the Blockheads are starting to freeze and need to build a shelter. Explore the area and mine for materials to start building or find fuel to start the fire. The game is available on Android and iOS devices.
😎 What is Minecraft?
Minecraft is a first-person sandbox video game that gives players the freedom to build and design their own worlds. It’s a 3D world where players use cubes to build whatever they want to protect themselves from night monsters or just design cool buildings and structures for fun.
😇 Is Minecraft safe?
The Minecraft file itself is safe from viruses and malware. However, there are skins, mods, and other user-generated content that can be downloaded to enhance your Minecraft universe which could be infected with malware. I strongly recommend that you use an antivirus program to scan any of these files before downloading them to your computer.
🤑 Is Minecraft free?
If you want to fully experience all that Minecraft has to offer, you will need to purchase the game. As I explained above, there is a Demo World that can be played for free, but it only lasts for 5 Minecraft days.
However, Minecraft did re-release the classic Minecraft for free as a browser-based game. The game is the original 2009 version with just 32 types of blocks. Slow play only has Creative Mode and all the original bugs.
😁 Where is Minecraft located on my computer?
By default, Minecraft is downloaded on the C: drive on Windows devices. During the installation process, there will be an option to create a shortcut on the desktop.
🤩 Do I need an account with Mojang to play Minecraft?
Yes, Mojang is a Swedish company that developed Minecraft. They have since been bought by Microsoft, but you still need an account to play. With your Mojang account, you can log in and play Minecraft across a variety of platforms, such as XBOX, PC, mobile devices, Oculus, more.
🤓 How can I install Minecraft Mods?
The first step is to install a program called Minecraft Forge. Next, download the Mods from a reputable source. Remember to scan the files with an antivirus or upload it to VirusTotal. After the file finishes downloading you can upload it to your Forge account and then launch Minecraft. Just make sure that the Forge profile is active when you start Minecraft.