More than Just a Free PDF Reader
The Adobe PDF Reader DC is a clean, user-friendly PDF reader that has been downloaded more than one billion times worldwide. In addition to opening PDF files, with the Adobe PDF Reader DC you can:
- Digitally sign documents
- Leave comments
- Highlight or cross out words
- Add a personalized stamp
- Share the PDF
- Add a timestamp or digital certificate
- Direct login and access PDF files located in:
- Adobe Document Cloud
- Google Drive
How to Download Adobe PDF Reader DC
- Click on the DOWNLOAD button to visit the official Adobe download page.
- If you don’t want any McAfee products, make sure to uncheck two Optional Offers and then click DOWNLOAD ACROBAT READER.
- The file will download to your computer. Double click on it and run the installer. When it’s done installing, just click FINISH and you’re all set.
How to Uninstall Adobe PDF Reader DC
If you only needed the Adobe Reader for a single-use or if you decide to upgrade and purchase a premium package, you can completely remove this from your computer in 2 easy steps.
- Type ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS in the windows search bar.
- Find Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and click UNINSTALL.
The Windows installer program will take care of the rest and remove the software from your computer.
Adobe PDF: Free vs. Pro? Depends on Your Needs
Before I can answer whether the free Adobe PDF Reader DC is good enough or if you should upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Pro, you have to understand your needs.
If you have basic needs, like opening a PDF, signing the document, adding a stamp, or leaving comments on the document, then the free option is perfect for you.
However, if you need more advanced tools such as:
- Convert a document to a PDF
- Password protect or encrypt the file
- Compress the file
- Compare two PDF files
- Reorganize the document
Then you will need to upgrade to the Acrobat Pro Reader.
Free Alternatives to Adobe PDF Reader Pro
- Foxit Free PDF Reader: A serious contender for Adobe’s crown, Foxit has some pretty good features in its free PDF Reader. This includes compatibility with DocuSign, Editing, and adding digital IDs and timestamps.
- Nitro PDF Reader: You can create, sign, and share PDFs with Nitro. With drag-and-drop functionality, it’s one of the easier programs to master.
? Is Adobe Reader really free?
There is no cost to use the basic features that come with Adobe Reader. However, as you use it, you’ll notice that a lot of features are only available with a premium package.
? Is Adobe PDF Reader safe?
As long as you download the file from the official Adobe site, there are no known viruses or malware attached to it. Unfortunately, if you don’t pay attention while installing the program, you will end up installing two McAfee products.
? Can you convert a PDF to Word with Adobe Reader?
If you want to convert a PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or any other format, you will need to purchase Adobe Acrobat Pro.
? What does the DC stand for in Adobe PDF Reader DC?
Adobe upgraded all their products to integrate with its Document Cloud, hence the DC. You can upload a file to the cloud and access it with Reader from anywhere.
? Is there a mobile version of Adobe Reader?
Yes. You can find an Adobe PDF Reader app for both Android and iOS devices in Google Play and iTunes.Visit Adobe PDF Reader DC Website