Foxit PDF Reader: Latest version - Free Download and Review 2024
Free Foxit Reader Overview
With over 500 million downloads, the Foxit PDF Reader is clearly doing something right. I downloaded the software to see if it’s as good as advertised.
The Foxit Reader is more than just a basic PDF reader. With it, you can create, collaborate, add highlights, and much more. The layout is similar to Microsoft Office, using a customizable ribbon-style toolbar.
In addition to opening and reading PDF files, you can also create PDFs, either from a scanner, current file, blank page, or the clipboard. Once the PDF is ready you can share it, either on social media or email with just a click of the mouse.
How to Download Free Foxit Reader
- Click on the DOWNLOAD button to visit the Foxit Reader website.
- Click any of the DOWNLOAD buttons.
- When the file finishes installing, open it up and click RUN.
- A window will open to begin the installation process. Make sure to check the box that says “Custom Installation” or you will end up downloading additional programs.
- Accept the terms of the agreement and the files that come with Foxit, but don’t just click NEXT or ACCEPT, make sure that you aren’t agreeing to download additional programs (unless of course, you want them).
- After the installation process is finished, you can readily launch the application and start using it right away. No registration is required.
How to Uninstall Foxit Reader
If the Foxit Reader isn’t for you, you’ll be happy to know that you can completely remove from your Windows computer in under 2 minutes.
- Just type in Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar and open the System Setting. Then, find Foxit Reader and click on the Uninstall button.
- You’ll have to agree to several prompts to complete the uninstallation process. When it’s complete, a Foxit survey will open in your browser.
Alternatives to Foxit PDF Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader: The Adobe company has long been synonymous with PDF readers and its freemium Acrobat Reader software is no exception. It has numerous tools and is compatible with other Adobe products.
Nitro PDF Reader: This is a free software that you can use to create, view, sign, and share PDFs. It has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop functionality that makes creating PDFs simple.