Secure all your accounts with the lightweight and easy to use Key Generator (KeyGen) tool. All you need to do is choose the password length and what elements you want to include in your password, and click the Generate button. The system will generate a unique password, and you can copy and paste it wherever you need.
How to Download and Install Key Generator (KeyGen) for free
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar, and the Key Generator SourceForge download page will open in a new tab.
- Press the Download button, and a compressed ZIP file will download to your computer.
- You will need a program like WinZip or WinRAR to unpack the file.
- When the file download is complete open the folder.
- You should see several files in the folder. Open the one labeled Free Key Generator.exe.
- The program will instantly open.
How to Uninstall the Free Key Generator
If the free Key Generator isn’t the right software for you, check out some free alternatives below.
The software can be removed from your computer in a few simple steps.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar.
- Find Key Generator in the list of installed software and click the Uninstall button.
- Confirm that you want to delete the software, and it will be completely removed from your computer.
Free Key Generator Overview
Creating a strong password is one of the most important ways to secure your accounts and keep them private. Unfortunately, people have a tendency to reuse passwords or create simple passwords like sequential numbers, birthdates, or their home address. This makes it easy for cybercriminals to access your account and do with it as they please.
That’s why a Key Generator is such an important tool. You can set the password length, include numbers and symbols, and it will generate a secure password for you. Then, all you have to do is copy and paste it onto the account creation form when setting up your password.
Key Generator Features
- Open Source: The free Key Generator is an open-source program, which means it’s more secure than a commercial key generator.
- Secure passwords: All you need to do is set the password length and whether to include big and small letters, numbers, and symbols, and the software generates a unique password that won’t be guessed by anyone.
- Copy to clipboard: After the password is generated, you can copy it to your clipboard with a single click. There’s no need to copy the password and then manually type it into the password field.
Free Alternatives to Free Key Generator
- NordPass: Unlike the free key generator that only creates a password, NordPass will not only create secure passwords but store them on a secure server as well. Then, anytime you go back to that website, NordPass will offer to auto-fill the password field, so you don’t have to remember a unique password for each of your accounts.
- RememBear: Create and store passwords for as many accounts as you want with the free RememBear application. All password and account data is encrypted directly on your computer to limit any vulnerabilities. The software has an autofill feature that can add personal and financial information, passwords, and account details for nearly any online form.
Is the Key Generator really free?
Simply follow the instructions above, and I’ll show you how to download a free open source key generator in under 2 minutes.
Is the Key Generator secure?
As long as you download the official Key Generator posted above, you won’t have to worry about malicious spyware software stealing your passwords.
Does Key Generator store my password?
No, Key Generator is not a password manager, if you’re looking for a program that will save and store your password, you should check out the free alternatives to Key Generator. These are highly secured password managers with excellent features, including generating secure passwords.Visit Free Key Generator (KeyGen) Website