Citrix has made it easy for remote workers to connect to the office network and get complete access to the files and apps they need. Once the Citrix Workspace is installed on the office computers, any employee can log in with a secure server address or code and work on a remote desktop, as if they’re in the office. The Citrix Workspace is encrypted, keeping unauthorized users from accessing sensitive company documents.
Follow the instructions below, and I’ll show you how to download the app completely free.
How to Download Citrix for Free on your PC
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar and a new page will open in WizCase. Click on the Start Download button, and the official Citrix download page will open in a new tab.
- Click on the Download Citrix Workspace app for Windows button, and the EXE file will automatically download to your computer.
- When the download is complete, open the file, and the installation wizard will open.
- Click the Start button to begin.
- Check the box that accepts the license agreement and click Next.
- You can protect the app from screen captures and keylogging malware by enabling app protection. Once you enable the protection, it can’t be removed without uninstalling and reinstalling the app. After you decide whether or not to enable this protection, click the Install button, and the Citrix installation wizard will install the software on your computer.
How to Uninstall the Citrix Workspacefrom your Computer
If you’re finished using the Citrix Workspace, or you see that it isn’t the right program for you, it can easily be removed from your computer in a few simple steps:
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar and click the Enter Key.
- Find Citrix Workspace and click the uninstall button.
- The windows uninstallation wizard will ask you to confirm you want to delete the Citrix Workspace, and then it will be completely removed from your computer.
If you’re still looking for a remote computer workspace, check out these free Citrix Workspace alternatives below.
Citrix Workspace Overview
Citrix Workspace is an easy-to-use solution for remote workers. The digital workspace software platform allows multiple users to log in and get complete access to virtual desktops. This software can be used on multiple platforms, which is perfect if you’re traveling and need to access data that is only on your work computer or you are working as tech support and helping solve someone’s computer problem remotely. Citrix Workspace gives you access to all programs on the connected device, such as web apps, virtual apps, files, and more.
This app is just the front-end of the Workspace platform. You will need to install the back-end on the computer you are connecting with. To begin using the Workspace, you will need an email address or server address provided by your IT department. Once you have that, you can login and connect to the remote desktop.
Citrix Workspace Features
- Advanced Search Tool: With an intuitive search function, it’s easy to find what you’re looking for on the remote desktop in just seconds.
- Works 24/7: The Citrix Workspace is always on, allowing remote workers to access the remote desktop whenever it’s convenient for them. You have the control to prioritize traffic, and the system uses AI to redirect traffic to use up less bandwidth during busy times.
- Seamless integration with your existing system: In an effort to make things easier for everyone, from end-users to the IT team, Citrix is extremely flexible and will integrate with any operating system. This helps increase user adoption since they won’t have to learn all-new programs and help drive the digital transformation.
- High-level security tools: Citrix uses top-notch encryption software to ensure that unauthorized users can’t access your remote desktop and view the files and apps. This is done with a secure digital perimeter that follows the remote workers no matter how they access the data, whether through the data center, cloud, or remote endpoints.
Free Alternatives to Citrix Workspace
- VMware Horizon: A centralized platform for manaiging virtual desktops. You can use VMware Horizon for testing software apps, remote access for remote workers, accessing multiple operating systems, and a shared work environment for multiple users.
- AnyDesk: Get access and work on files hosted on a remote computer through the AnyDesk platform. It allows for online collaboration, sharing files with other users, and personalizing the user interface for each of the users.
Is the Citrix Workspace free?
Yes, follow the instructions above, and I’ll show you how to download it for free. However, it’s important to note that the Workspace is the end-user product. You will need to purchase a plan and install the main Citrix Workspace on the computer or network that you want to give users access to.
Is Citrix Workspace secure?
Citrix has developed what they refer to as a secure digital perimeter to enhance the security of the Workspace. This encrypts every step of the end-users actions while connected to the app. This way, even if the users at home have their online security compromised, the hackers won’t be able to view what is happening while connected to the remote desktops.
Is Citrix workspace the same as Citrix receiver?
The Citrix Receiver was officially retired a few years ago and replaced by the Workspace. While you can still download the Receiver if your company is still using it, you will not have access to the upgraded features and smooth user experience that you get with the Workspace.Visit Citrix Workspace Website