Get the game that has captivated the imagination of millions of players around the world. Candy Crush Saga started as a Facebook game, then gained immense popularity as a mobile app, and now you can download it for free and play on your computer. The rules of the game are simple, remove candy from the board by connecting three or more candies in a row. You’ll earn points for getting rid of the candies and begin moving through the different levels, with each level adding a new booster or increasing the difficulty level.
How to Download and Install Candy Crush Saga
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar and a new tab will open to the official Candy Crush Saga page in the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the Get button and a pop-up window will ask if you want to open the Microsoft application. Click the Open Microsoft Store button to continue.
- The Microsoft Store will open the Candy Crush Saga download page. Click Download and the game will automatically be installed on your computer.
How to Uninstall Candy Crush Saga
If you’re not loving Candy Crush Saga, it can be easily removed from your computer. Check out the Free Alternatives to Candy Crush for some other quick, thinking games.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar.
- Scroll through the list of installed programs until you find Candy Crush Saga and click Uninstall.
- The game will automatically be deleted. It will not clear your settings, so if you connected the game to your Facebook account, your progress will not be deleted.
Candy Crush Saga Overview
Candy Crush Saga is an addicting mini-game where players advance through the various levels and challenges by matching pieces of candy. Part of the reason for the popularity of the game is due to its simplicity. It’s a great way to kill a few minutes while waiting for class to start, a friend to come by, or just procrastinating (if it’s procrastinating, check out the Focus To Do: Pomodoro app, which will help you get organized and avoid pushing off all tasks to the last minute).
How to Play Candy Crush Saga
Each round has a uniquely designed game board that is filled with colourful candies. The goal of the game is to line up three or more matching candies going horizontally or vertically. You can only move a candy one space to create a match. Once you have a match, those candies are removed from the board, and new ones will fill in the spaces.
Each round has a different goal, and once you reach the goal, the round ends, and you can progress to the next level. You have a maximum number of moves to play in each round. The quicker you can finish the round, the more points you’ll earn. However, if you run out of moves before completing the board, you will lose a life.
Players start with five lives, and if you lose them all, you will either need to wait 30 minutes for a new life to regenerate or send a request to a friend on Facebook to gift you additional lives.
All-New Levels and Boosters
One of the reasons Candy Crush Saga has been able to stay popular for so long is that the developers never seem to run out of ideas for new rounds and modifiers. Just when you think you beat the game, an update will add levels, candies, and friendly competitions for you to have with your friends.
After you complete each board, you will watch your character move along the map to the next challenge. You can always go back and play a board you already completed, but there is no skipping ahead on the map.
As you reach different levels, you’ll be introduced to new boosters. These are special symbols that can help remove different candy. For example, if you get 5 candies in a row, you’ll get a chocolate sprinkle ball that can knock one type of candy from the board. Some other popular boosters are:
- Striped Candy: When you use these candies, it will knock out all the other candies in the row.
- Lollipop Hammer: Great for getting rid of pesky candy that you can’t seem to get rid of by finding its match.
- Extra Moves (+5): If you think you need a few extra moves to pass the level, this booster can save your life.
- Sweet Teeth: This booster will eat through blockers such as licorice swirls, merengue, and chocolate so you can finish the level.
- Jelly Fish: When you use the jelly fish, they will come and eat random jelly candies on the board. It’s recommended to save them until the end of the round to help break through any jelly spaces that you couldn’t get rid of.
Some boosters, like Striped Candy and Chocolate Sprinkle Bombs, can either be won during the game, by removing certain combinations or candies or unlocked as you reach different levels.
Challenge Friends to see Who Can Get the Most Points
With Candy Crush Saga, you can connect to your Facebook account and see which of your friends are playing, and how you rank compared to them. The game has an updated leaderboard, so you know exactly who is the king of Candy Crush. There are two other advantages to connecting your Facebook account:
- It’s easy to ask friends for new lives.
- It will save your progress across multiple devices. Now you can play on your computer, phone, and tablet without having to go back and play the level you already completed.
Free Alternatives to Candy Crush Saga
- Tetris: The original block-matching game, Tetris, is a popular game from the 90s that has made a comeback over the past few years. Guide falling blocks and try and arrange them into rows so they will be removed from the board. The game includes multiple levels, that increase in speed and difficulty.
- Bejeweled: Similar to Candy Crush, except instead of matching three candies, you’ll have to line up sparkling jewels. Play by yourself or challenge friends to see who can unlock the most levels and use the best boosters.
🤑Is Candy Crush Saga free?
Candy Crush Saga is considered a freemium game, which means it’s 100% free to play, but there are premium features that you can purchase. So while you can play it for free, if you just need to add some extra lives or get a specific booster, you might have to make a purchase.
😇Is Candy Crush Saga safe?
There are no viruses or malware connected with Candy Crush Saga as long as you download it from reliable websites.
🤔Is Candy Crush Saga addicting?
There have been some studies that show players can get addicted to the game. If you think this might be a problem for you or your kids, you can get a parental control app that lets you set a daily time limit that the game can be played. The online security experts at WizCase have tested dozens of these apps and found that Qustodio is the best for preventing screen time addiction.
😎Candy Crush Saga is blocked by a firewall, how can I play?
If your school or work has a firewall that blocks online games, you’ll need a VPN. This useful software can bypass firewalls by changing your IP address, giving you the freedom to play games whenever you want. Here are the best VPNs, ranked by the WizCase online security experts.Visit Candy Crush Saga Website