PaperPort Download for Free - 2024 Latest Version
The Kofax PaperPort software is an integrated software that makes digitizing, organizing, and sharing documents simple. By digitizing your documents, you will be able to get rid of the paper clutter in your home and office, and the PaperPort desktop environment will store in an organized manner. PaperPort also comes with a PDF Viewer that allows you to comment, annotate, and fill in forms. It also had an OCR feature for editing the PDF.
While PaperPort is a subscription-based software, I’ll show you how you can get it free for 15 days, no credit card required, which is plenty of time to scan, upload, and convert all the documents you need to PDF.
How to Download and Install PaperPort for Free
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar, and your browser will open a tab directly to the official free trial page on the PaperPort website.
- Register a PaperPort account by entering your name, email, and country. Then you can click the Download Free Trial button.
- A new page will open with a Download button. Press it, and the.exe file will automatically download to your computer.
- Open the file when the download is complete. You will need a compression tool like WinZip or WinRAR to unzip the file.
- After you unzip the file, the installer will open. Choose your preferred language.
- Press the Start Installer button, and PaperPort will begin to install on your computer.
- You may have to restart your computer during the installation process.
- The installation will resume after your computer turns back on, and you will have to choose a destination folder. Then click Next.
- Agree to the license terms and press Next.
- You will have the option to install the complete PaperPort program or the custom option where you can pick and choose which components to include. I recommend the Complete installation unless you are tech-savvy and know which components you need.
- Click Install, and the installation wizard will complete the installation.
- When it’s done, press the finish button.
How to Uninstall PaperPort from your Computer
If PaperPort isn’t the right software for you, or your free trial expired, you can easily remove the software in a few steps. If you’re still looking for a document management software, check out the free alternatives below.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar.
- Locate PaperPort in the list of installed programs, and click Uninstall.
- The Windows uninstaller will remove PaperPort. However, it won’t delete all the other Kofax software that was installed with Paperport; like the PDF Creator. You’ll have to delete them individually, following these same steps. When you’re done, you will need to restart your computer.
From private homes to offices, the Kofax PaperPort makes it easy to get rid of the paper clutter. The desktop document management tool can organize all your documents, images, and PDFs in a central location.
It comes with a variety of tools that can scan documents, convert files to searchable PDFs, print to PDF, manage your desktop folders, and more. One of the best features of PaperPort is the OCR (optical character recognition) that can pull text from images and PDFs and convert them into an editable document.
PaperPort has a clean design. Using a ribbon-style menu bar, similar to Microsoft Office, you can easily scroll through the different folders and sections to find your documents. A unique thumbnail is created for each image and document, so even if the document name isn’t clear, you should be able to recognize the document or image you’re looking for quickly.
There are several standalone tools that are included with PaperPort.
- Kofax Power Create PDF: Quickly convert any image or document to a searchable PDF file.
- ImageViewer: This application works outside the PaperPort desktop environment. It works with most image formats and can open multiple images at the same time, in separate windows, so that you can view or edit them simultaneously.
- Max to PDF Converter: Save your 3D models, images, and animations that currently have a MAX format to PDF.
- PDF Viewer Plus: With a few more features than a typical PDF reader, you can also annotate, edit, share, and fill in forms with the PaperPort PDF viewer.
- Scan Direct: To access this feature, you’ll require an external scanner or download PaperPort on your smartphone. Utilize it to easily scan various documents like bills, receipts, and invoices directly to PDF format. Once scanned, these files will be stored and efficiently organized on your PaperPort desktop.
Free Alternatives to PaperPort
- eDoc: Use the eDoc document management software to scan and organize your documents and store them in a secure location. It’s an ideal solution for saving bills, receipts, invoices, homework, shopping lists, and more.
- FileCenter: An easy to use document management program, FileCenter is a Windows-based software that can store and organize files. It includes tools that will help you manage your documents, add plain text, and easily share them with others via email and social media.