Office 365 is out, and Microsoft 365 is in. While the name may be different, the high-quality collection of productivity apps remain the same, albeit with some improvements.
Microsoft 365 is a single download bundle that gives you access to essential apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. All users also receive at least 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage, making it easy to share, collaborate and edit documents from anywhere. In addition to powerful desktop apps, you can also download each app for your Android and iOS or log in through your browser and access your files. So no matter where you are, you’ll be able to open your documents, spreadsheet, presentation, and email. The combination of desktop, browser, and mobile apps isn’t found with any other suite of productivity apps.
While Microsoft 365 does have monthly and yearly subscription opinions, I’ll show you how to get a free trial, so you can test all the apps and see for yourself what makes Microsoft 365 so popular around the world.
How to Download Microsoft 365 for Free
- Press the Download button on the sidebar, and you will be redirected to a page with important information and FAQs about Microsoft 365. You’ll see a Download Now button; press it, and the official Microsoft 365 registration page will open in a new tab.
- Click the Try Free for 1 Month link.
- Click the Try 1 Month Free button.
- Log in to your existing Microsoft account. If you don’t have one, click on the Create Account link to register your free account. All you need is an email address, which you will need to verify, and a password.
- If you log in and see a message saying that you’re not eligible for the free trial because you’ve previously purchased an Office subscription, you can simply create a new account using a different email address to proceed.
- Microsoft requires a valid payment method. However, you won’t be charged until the end of the free trial. Press the Continue button to proceed to the secure payment portal.
- Choose the payment method should you stay with Microsoft 365 after the free trial period is over. The options are a Credit Card or Debit Card, PayPal, or Mobile Phone.
- Enter your payment information and click the Save button.
- Press the Subscribe button.
- Microsoft will confirm the card or account information provided is valid. When it’s done, click the Continue button.
- Click the Download the Desktop Apps button, and you will be automatically redirected to your Microsoft dashboard.
- Click Install Office, and the OfficeSetup.EXE file will download to your computer.
- Open the file when it finishes downloading, and the Setup Wizard will immediately begin installing the entire collection of Microsoft 365 desktop apps.
How to Uninstall Office 365
One of the nice improvements with Office 365 is that everything comes as a single program. This means that you won’t have to uninstall each program, just one Office app.
Microsoft 365 Features
Microsoft has long been a leader in the writing and editing industry. Aside from the well-known apps, there are some great features that perhaps you didn’t know about.
- Multiple authors can edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents in real-time.
- With Skype integration, you can chat, share screens, and have video or audio conversations with co-workers or collaborators.
- Instead of attaching files, you can just insert a link to the document, and OneDrive access will automatically be given to the recipients.
- Easily convert files to PDF and edit PDF documents.
- Quickly pick up where you left off with the Resume Reading feature for Word.
- Access OneDrive from any device.
- Outlook can de-clutter your inbox.
Microsoft 365 Apps
While there have been many competitors coming out, none of them can match all of the features that come with Word. It has excellent grammar and spell-check tools, it works with plug-ins, and it has over a hundred fonts, professional templates, track changes, editing tools, comments, and much more.
Millions of businesses around the world swear by Excel. No other spreadsheet software has been able to match all its tools. From simple number crunching to pivot tables and mapping data, Excel can really do it all.
While PowerPoint is one of the few Office apps that isn’t the best in its category, it’s still a top presentation tool. Creating a professional-looking presentation is easy, with hundreds of templates, transitions, and animations requiring no graphic design knowledge. One of the nice updates to PowerPoint is you can use your mouse as a laser pointer to help out while you’re presenting.
This is more than just an email client. Outlook will organize your contacts and calendar and makes it easy to share document links from OneDrive within your organization.
One of the lesser-known apps in this suite, Publisher, has carved out a nice little niche for itself. It can be used to create complex templates with a wide range of designs and fonts. If you’re creating magazines, newsletters, advertising material, etc., this is a better option than using Word templates.
Create and manage databases with Microsoft Access. This is a better option than Excel when collating lots of data and information. Access isn’t available for mobile devices.
This is easily the most important update from the original Microsoft Office. OneDrive is cloud-based storage that allows users to access files from anywhere, collaborate with others in real-time, and sync their work across all devices. Each user on the account will receive 1 TB of free storage.
Is Microsoft 365 free?
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based program. However, you can get a free trial for one month, which gives you unlimited access to the entire collection of productivity apps risk-free.
Can I just buy one of the Microsoft 365 apps?
All the Microsoft 365 desktop apps are combined in a single download bundle. This means that you can’t purchase or download just one of the apps on your computer. However, the mobile apps are still available as standalone apps, and with your Microsoft 365 account, you’ll be able to connect to OneDrive and access your files from anywhere.
How do I cancel my Microsoft account?
Canceling your Microsoft account is actually pretty easy. Log in to your Microsoft account, and in your account settings, you can toggle the recurring payment button to off. You will continue to have access to your account until the end of the current billing cycle.
Is Skype part of Microsoft 365?
While Skype is part of Microsoft 365, it’s also available as a standalone app. When connected to your Microsoft 365 account, you’ll be able to integrate all your apps, such as setting up meetings and sharing contacts through Outlook or easily uploading Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files.
Are there mobile apps for Microsoft 365?
Microsoft recently released an all-in-one mobile app for Android and iPhone that has Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. But if you prefer to download separate apps just for the programs that you use, you can still download Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as standalone apps. In both cases, you can connect to your OneDrive account, and your work will be saved. This will give you access to your files from anywhere.
Do I have to be online to use Microsoft 365?
No. You can work offline, and all of your work will be saved locally. Then, when you are back online, all your changes will be synced to your OneDrive account.Read More