Microsoft 365 Basic is an all in one solution for any business. With a host of tools, including a 50GB mailbox and 1TB cloud-based OneDrive account, unlimited access to the Microsoft Teams collaboration tools, and all the Microsoft 365 web apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
While these tools typically require an annual subscription, I’ll show you how to download them free for 30 days.
How To Download Microsoft 365 Business Basic for Free
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar, and then a new WizCase page will open. Click the Start Download button, and a new tab will open directly to the Microsoft 365 Business Basic download page.
- Click the Try Free for One Month button.
- You will need to create an account.
- You will need to enter your payment details. However, you won’t get charged if you cancel your account before the 30 day free trial is complete. Once your payment method is authorized, click the Start Trial button.
- Click the Get Started button. Here you can add team members to your account and assign them different roles, access to specific apps, and more.
- To use the apps, go to Office.com and log in using the ID and password that you chose during setup.
- After you log in, click on the Install Office button to download all the Microsoft365 apps. Your team will also have access to all the without downloading them on Office.com.
- Click on the Office Apps & Devices box to see the list of available apps to install and select the ones you want.
- Your apps will automatically download in the background.
- The OfficeSetup EXE file will download to your computer.
- When the download is complete, click on the file, and the setup wizard will open.
Try Microsoft 365 Basic Business For Free!
How to Uninstall Microsoft 365 Business Basic
If you decide not to continue with the Microsoft 365 Business Basic bundle at the end of 30 days, it can be removed from your computer in a few simple steps.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar and click the Enter key.
- Locate Microsoft 365 in the list of installed programs and click the uninstall button.
- Confirm that you want to remove the apps, and the Microsoft uninstallation wizard will delete them from your computer
Microsoft 365 Business Basic Overview
For more than 20 years, Microsoft Office has been the most prominent name when it comes to easy to use, accessible software for both personal and professional use. The Business Basic plan includes all the essential tools needed to run an office seamlessly.
One of the biggest advantages of the Business Basic plan is that it allows you to work together as a team, in real-time, regardless of where the team members are located. Once the download is complete, the setup is simple and can be done without any assistance from the IT team. You can have up to 300 users on an account, and adding and removing users is a simple process that will take less than two minutes.
Microsoft 365 Business Basic Features
- Web-based apps: With web-based and mobile apps for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, you are never far away from your work.
- Professional Email and Calendars: Outlook is a cloud-based email and calendar service that gives each user up to 50GB of storage. You will also be able to send files and attachments up to 150MB.
- OneDrive Storage: Each user will receive 1 TB of storage on the cloud-based OneDrive. You can edit and share documents, files, graphics, videos, and more from any device.
- Easy Collaboration with Microsoft teams: The latest addition to the Microsoft 365 Suite is Microsoft Teams. This allows teams to send instant messages, share work, set up video conferences, and voice and video calls.
- Create professional intranet sites: Use SharePoint to keep your organization connected from a content perspective. You create interactive team sites to inform and explain processes to the entire organization.
Try Microsoft 365 Basic Business For Free!
Is Microsoft 365 Business Basic free?
While there is no long-term free version of Microsoft 365 Business Basic, you can follow the instructions above, and I’ll show you how to get a free 30-day trial. This will give you plenty of time to test the features and see if it’s the right office suite for your company.
Is Microsoft 365 Business Basic secure?
I tested the downloadable files from the Business Basic suite, and they were clean of viruses, ransomware, malware, and other forms of malicious files. The web and mobile apps are all secured with top-level encryption to ensure that no unauthorized people can access your company’s private information.
It is important that you use officially licensed Office 365 products and avoid downloading cracked or pirated versions of the software, as these can have critical security flaws.
How many team members can be registered on a single account?
You can have up to 300 members on a Business Basic account. Each member will have full access to all the premium features, including all the Microsoft 365 apps, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
What happens to the company data if we cancel our Microsoft 365 account?
You have up to 90 days to download the data from your account and save it to another location.Visit Microsoft 365 Business Basic Website