Secure your computer and protect it from cyber threats like viruses, malware, ransomware, Trojans, worms, and more with the Kaspersky antivirus software. The cloud-based program can identify and block all malicious file types without using up to much CPU processing power.
You can download Kaspersky Cloud Security for free, and it includes a decent antivirus engine, a free VPN, and a password manager. However, if you use this hidden link, I’ll show you how you can get 30 days of the completely free trial of Kaspersky total security — which gives you powerful protection and advanced internet security tools.
How to Download and Install Kaspersky Antivirus for Free
- To be able to get Kaspersky Antivirus for free, go directly to this hidden page.
- Choose the free option to protect up to three devices and click Download Now.
- A new page will open with the benefits of trying Kaspersky premium products for free for 30 days. If the free version is enough for you, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Download Now button, and the .exe file will immediately download to your computer.
- After the file download is complete, open the file, and the installer will open.
- Choose to install Kaspersky in either English or Spanish and click Continue.
- Everything is now ready for installation. The final step is to decide whether you also want to install the Kaspersky Password Manager and if you want to participate in the Kaspersky Security Network for optimal protection. Then click Install.
- Before the installation is complete, a window will open with the recommended settings. You can either accept them all or choose which you want to activate and then click Apply. This will complete the installation process.
- In addition to the antivirus software, the VPN and Password Manager are installed as separate apps on your computer.
Getting Started with Kaspersky
You will need to create a My Kaspersky account to begin using the antivirus program.
- After the installation is complete, the Kaspersky application will open. Enter your email address is the space provided, and then press the arrow button.
- Create a secure password.
- Kaspersky will present an offer for its premium products for free for 30 days. You can either accept or decline this offer.
- If you choose to try the Premium package, it will be activated without requiring you to enter any payment information. If you decline the offer, a quick tutorial will open, showcasing the features.
How to Uninstall Kaspersky Security Cloud
If Kaspersky Security Cloud isn’t the right antivirus software for you, check out the excellent free alternatives below. You can easily uninstall Kaspersky from your computer by following these simple steps.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in your Windows search bar.
- Find Kaspersky in the list of installed apps and programs and click Uninstall.
- An uninstallation wizard will open, and you’ll have to agree to remove it from your computer and move through the wizard by clicking the Next button until it’s complete.
- This will only uninstall the Antivirus program, the VPN and Password Manager applications will remain on your computer and they can still be used, through your My Kaspersky account. If you want to remove them as well, follow the steps above, and remove each one individually.
Kaspersky Internet Security Overview
Kaspersky has several antivirus programs, but they all share the same database of viruses, malware, malicious websites, and more. The main difference is what other security tools are included. When you download the free Kaspersky Cloud Security program, in addition to real-time protection, you’ll have a free VPN and password manager.
While all the extra features are a nice bonus, the main function of Kaspersky Internet Security is to detect, prevent, and remove viruses. Kaspersky has consistently ranked among the best antivirus software based on independent lab testing, with a near 100% detection rate.
There’s no downside to testing the Premium software, which Kaspersky gives you for free for 30 days. If you do not see the premium features’ value, you can downgrade your account at the end of the free trial without ever being charged.
Kaspersky Internet Security Features
Kaspersky is much more than just an antivirus program. It comes with a wide range of security tools like a secure firewall, spam filter, ad blocker, and a virtual keyboard that can be used when doing online shopping and banking to prevent keyloggers from stealing your information.
Some other key features are:
- Multiple scanning options: The most common scan that you’ll be using is the Quick Scan. It searches for viruses and malware in areas they’re likely to be found. If it finds anything, it will first quarantine the questionable file and then run a complete scan of your whole device. You can also choose to run a Full Scan, but it’s not recommended that you do this too often, as it takes a while and can slow down your computer. Other scanning options are to select specific files or folders, external drives, and a vulnerability scan, which takes a deeper look at applications on your computer to see if there are any backdoors that can be exploited by hackers or malware.
- VPN: You’ll get a free VPN with 200 MB of data per day and access to a single free server. This is an OK option if you need to use it occasionally, either while connecting to public wifi, or you need to bypass a firewall or prefer to be anonymous online. If you’re looking for a better option, I’ve tested several free VPNs that give you more data and additional server choices.
- Password Managers: The Password Manager is a secure environment that will save and encrypt passwords for all your different accounts. Instead of remembering hundreds of passwords, create a master password when setting up the Password Manager, and store your passwords, credit card information, addresses, and more. When you want to log in to one of your accounts, just enter your master password, and the Password Manager will auto-fill in the username and password from its encrypted storage.
- Safe Money: A next-generation security tool that creates a secure browser when you’re making online purchases or sending money. Without going into technical details, the Safe Money feature puts an unbreakable wall around your browser, stopping would-be hackers, malware, phishing attempts, man-in-the-middle (MITM) schemes, and rootkits from accessing your financial details. It’s compatible with most major browsers and opens whenever you visit online stores, bank websites, and e-commerce sites. You can also add websites that you frequent to the list.
- Privacy Protection: This feature allows you to prevent unauthorized access to your webcam, check hacker sites, and examine lists of exposed data to see if your accounts have been compromised. You will be alerted if it discovers a hack or a breached database connected with your information.
- PC Cleaner: This is a special scan that detects applications and browser extensions that were unintentionally installed or modified. The program will then walk you through the process of removing and reporting the applications.
- Avira: One of the leading antivirus software on the market, you can download Avira for free and protect your data and your computer from all types of viruses, malware, worms, spyware, and more. The Avira free antivirus has a 100% detection rate of these types of malicious files, plus it comes with a free VPN, secure firewall, and a file shredder to destroy sensitive documents.
- Sophos Home: A cloud-based antivirus with complete remote management tools, Sophos Home is an excellent online security tool. Featuring a powerful antivirus engine that detects viruses and malware 24/7, it will block malware and spyware from accessing your sensitive data. Download Sophos Home for free, and you’ll get a free 30-day trial of Sophos Home Premium.
Is Kaspersky free?
Kaspersky has several different antivirus programs. The Kaspersky Security Cloud is 100% free but has limited security tools. A better option is to go to this hidden page I found and get Kaspersky Internet Security free for 30 days.
Is Kaspersky safe?
It is extremely important that you download the antivirus software from the official Kaspersky website and not a third-party site. This is the only way to guarantee the file hasn’t been tampered with and that no malware or spyware was injected into the installer.
Does the Kaspersky VPN work with Netflix?
Unfortunately, the free VPN that comes with Kaspersky Internet is very limited and won’t work with streaming sites such as Netflix. Even if you upgraded to the premium VPN, it won’t successfully bypass Netflix’s restriction. If you’re looking for a VPN that does work with Netflix and other streaming sites, I recommended you check out this list of the best VPNs for Netflix.
Can I set screen time limits with Kaspersky?
Kaspersky has a parental control app called Safe Kids, which you can download for free, but it isn’t included in the regular Internet Security bundle. However, if you’re looking for some basic parental control features, such as screen time limits and a web filter, Kaspersky does have a bundle called Security Cloud Family that you can try for free for 30 days.Visit Kaspersky Antivirus Website