How to Watch the 2020 NFL Season From AnywhereLast Updated by Kate Hawkins on September 16, 2020
Since I’m a big fan of American football, I was disappointed that I couldn’t watch any out-of-market games due to local broadcasting blackouts. You’ll need a VPN that can connect to servers in specific cities to bypass local blackouts and watch every game. Luckily, this also lets you stream from any previously blocked international service, so you can follow every NFL game with commentary in your preferred language!
After I tested the top 15 VPNs on the market, I narrowed down the 3 best VPNs for unblocking sports streaming platforms to watch the NFL live. ExpressVPN is the #1 pick for its fast and lag-free servers that provide you with the best football streaming experience. You can check it out for free for 30 days with its money-back guarantee!
Quick Guide: 3 Easy Steps to Watch the 2020 NFL From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. ExpressVPN has super-fast servers for streaming the highest-quality NFL 2020 season games.
- Connect to a server. Select a server in a country where your chosen streaming service is based. I recommend Germany for the most servers to access free live streams.
- Sign up for an NFL Game Pass to watch from anywhere. You can also watch NFL games on any of the other streaming services I listed below!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch the 2020 NFL Season
Finding working high-quality NFL broadcasts from unsupported countries can be a huge headache. Due to licensing restrictions, there aren’t any broadcasters that work with NFL games in my country or most of the world.
It’s not a good idea to use unlicensed streams since these sites often host malware and intrusive ads — not to mention they also have terrible video quality. Most importantly, you can’t rely on them because they’re known to cut off right in the middle of the game!
With the help of a VPN, you can access official NFL broadcasts from anywhere. A VPN tricks streaming providers into thinking you’re in a different country, allowing you to bypass regional blocks and unblock restricted content.
3 Best VPNs to Watch the 2020 NFL Season in October 2020
- 3,000+ global servers with 1,000+ in countries with official NFL streaming partners
- High-speed servers with no buffering while streaming
- Watch NFL season games on up to 5 devices at once
- 24/7 email and live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch the 2020 NFL season due to its high-speed and lag-free servers. I connected to several ExpressVPN servers and successfully accessed multiple free NFL streaming providers, including ProSieben and Puls4, as well as NFL Game Pass and DAZN. You’ll have an easy time watching the 2020 NFL season with high-quality streams from anywhere in the world!
In my tests, I was able to connect to an ExpressVPN server in just 4 seconds on average! This is perfect for getting set up quickly so you don’t miss a single kick off. I also experienced no lag with the streams I tested. All the pages loaded instantly, even when the server was on the other side of the world from me. This also meant I could watch without any noticeable buffering — exactly what you need to live stream NFL games without interruptions.
You’ll have a huge amount of bandwidth for high-quality streaming and fast download speeds with ExpressVPN. Even from 13,000 km+ away, I reached 126Mbps with the New York server and 137Mbps with the nearby London server. With these speeds, I could watch an NFL replay while browsing the web and downloading multiple large files simultaneously!
Don’t just take my word for it — you can try ExpressVPN and watch the NFL season for free for 30 days with its money-back guarantee. I checked if this is really true by signing up for a month-long subscription. Then I contacted customer support through the 24/7 live chat after 2 weeks of testing. I was impressed that ExpressVPN’s refund policy is the only one on this list with no questions asked. The process was completed in under 5 minutes and my money was back in my bank account just 4 days later. If you want your money back instantly, be sure to pay with PayPal.
ExpressVPN unblocks: Hulu, DAZN, Fox Sports, beIN Sports, BT Sport, YouTubeTV, Sling TV, NBC Sports, Amazon Prime Video, BBC Sport, Sky Go, AT&T TV, and more.
ExpressVPN works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Chromebook, Kodi, Linux, Android TV, Fire TV, various smart TVs, select routers, and more.
October 2020 Update: ExpressVPN has dropped prices so you can save up to 49%! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more deal information here.
- 5,400+ servers and 3,400+ in countries with official NFL streaming partners
- Fastest speeds to stream NFL games in full HD
- Connect up to 6 devices simultaneously to watch the NFL
- 24/7 customer support through live chat or email
- 30-day money-back guarantee
With the fastest servers on this list, NordVPN is one of the best VPNs for watching the NFL 2020 season. While testing, NordVPN’s US servers peaked at 171Mbps — surprising since a much closer UK server reached 173Mbps for me! These consistently high speeds from servers near and far allow you to watch NFL games in the best resolution without slowing down your other online activities.
No matter how distant the servers, I was able to connect to the US, UK, Germany, and Canada within 9 seconds — in most cases, it took less than 4. You’ll find it easiest to pick a server with the map overview, although the search function makes it simple to find any country or city. Either way, you’ll be quickly connected in time to watch the next game.
NordVPN’s integrated SmartPlay technology makes it easy to access NFL games. It uses a constantly updated group of IP and DNS addresses (unique identifiers that communicate your location and ISP to websites you visit), thereby tricking services into thinking you’re located elsewhere. I was able to unblock every NFL broadcaster on this list by using NordVPN’s proven fast and reliable connections.
You can try NordVPN’s fast servers for free for 30 days with its money-back guarantee. To confirm that the policy is legitimate, I signed up for a 1-month subscription and then contacted a live chat agent after 2 weeks for a refund. The agent asked if they could assist me with anything to get me to stay (unlike ExpressVPN’s no questions asked policy). Once I said I only wanted a refund, they immediately processed it. I had my money back within a week!
NordVPN unblocks: Hulu, DAZN, Fox Sports, beIN Sports, BT Sport, YouTubeTV, Sling TV, NBC Sports, Amazon Prime Video, BBC Sport, Sky Go, and more.
NordVPN works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Chromebook, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, Kodi, Android TV, Fire TV, select routers, and more.
- 6,200+ servers overall with 3,200+ in countries with official NFL streaming partners
- Optimized sports streaming servers with fast speeds
- Watch NFL season games on up to 7 devices at once
- Customer support available through live chat or email
- 45-day money-back guarantee
CyberGhost’s huge server network gives you the most choices to stream sports from anywhere. You have access to 3,200+ servers around the world that can unblock all of the NFL broadcasters on this page. With such a large range of servers to choose from, you can easily avoid overloaded servers, resulting in faster speeds and reliable connectivity so you don’t miss any of the action.
You can also find a dedicated streaming server section for high-quality and low buffering streams, including Hulu and Sling TV. I’ve tested the Hulu server extensively and was impressed — it unblocked Hulu every time I connected, and loading times for high-resolution streams were extremely fast. If your chosen service isn’t available, the regular servers easily provide high-resolution sports streams so you don’t miss a single play.
I was also surprised by CyberGhost’s high speeds, reaching 151Mbps with a nearby server in Switzerland and a respectable 127Mbps from Melbourne (which is the farthest away)! I could stream, browse, and even torrent large files without suffering from slowdowns for any one of the activities.
Test its features risk-free yourself — you can try CyberGhost’s vast server network for free for 45 days with its money-back guarantee. I wanted to check if this generous policy was real, so I signed up for a month and requested a refund through the live chat after finishing my tests. Although the agent asked if they could assist me, I told them I just wanted the refund and they quickly approved it. After that, it only took 3 days for the money to arrive back in my account.
CyberGhost unblocks: Hulu, DAZN, Fox Sports, beIN Sports, ESPN+, BT Sport, YouTubeTV, Sling TV, NBC Sports, Amazon Prime Video, BBC Sport, and more.
CyberGhost works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Android TV, Fire TV, Apple TV, Kodi, various Smart TVs, select routers, and more.
You Shouldn’t Use Free VPNs to Watch the 2020 NFL Season — Here’s Why
After spending time testing the top free VPNs, I came to the conclusion that you should avoid them as they’re unreliable for streaming sports and can compromise your security.
Free VPNs have slow speeds, bandwidth limitations, and limited server networks. You won’t have high-quality servers that can consistently unblock sports streaming services. This means you most likely won’t be able to watch the game at all.
Even worse: free VPNs have been caught selling user data to advertisers and willingly compromising their networks for financial gain. You should note that you’re still paying for a free service with your information!
Luckily, you won’t encounter any of these issues by using a quality premium VPN with a money-back guarantee. My #1 pick for streaming the NFL 2020 season is ExpressVPN for its ultra-responsive, fast, and reliable server network. It also has a no questions asked refund policy so you can try it for free for 30 days! I can confirm that it works. I signed up for a 1-month subscription to test its features and then contacted customer support through the 24/7 live chat. The agent immediately approved the refund and I had the money back in my account just 4 days later.
Common FAQs About the NFL (and VPNs)
- Can I watch the 2020 NFL season online for free?
- What are the best platforms to watch the NFL 2020 season online?
- How much does an NFL 2020 streaming subscription cost?
- Can I get an International NFL Game Pass for a cheaper price using a VPN?
- What else can a VPN do besides help me watch the 2020 NFL season?
🤑 Can I watch the 2020 NFL season online for free?
There are several free options streaming the NFL around the world. However, only the following offer official live streams during the full season:
ProSieben and ProSieben Maxx (Germany and Switzerland) — ProSieben Maxx broadcasts the regular season while ProSieben has the Kickoff Game, some Playoff games, and the Super Bowl.
Puls4 (Austria) — Live streams of the regular NFL season.
Best of all, you don’t have to sign up for them! Just make sure you turn your ad blocker off to start streaming.
🤓 What are the best platforms to watch the NFL 2020 season online?
There are numerous free and paid streaming options to watch the NFL 2020 season online, so you don’t even need a cable subscription!
Bear in mind that some of the paid options below require you to have a payment method from the country where the provider is based. If you need a US payment method, you can check out MyGiftCardSupply.com and pay with a gift card for some services.
These are the best sports streaming services to watch the NFL season online:
- NFL Game Pass (Worldwide) — The best way to watch the NFL season in 2020, especially since you can watch on numerous devices (including PC, mobile devices, Fire Stick, Android TV, and consoles). Note that there’s a Game Pass Domestic (US, Canada, China) and a Game Pass (rest of the world). With the Domestic Pass, you can watch all games after they air without blackout restrictions. To watch all games live and without blackouts, choose the international pass. You can test its 1-week free trial.
- DAZN (Austria, Canada, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland) — One of the more affordable options on the list, with support for other major events including the NBA and Premier League.
- ESPN via Kayo Sports (Australia) — A great option if you live in the Eastern hemisphere. You can watch up to 3 separate events at once with its SplitView feature. Test its 2-week trial before you sign up.
- fuboTV (US) — Fantastic streaming option with over 100 channels, but a high price. You can try the 1-week free trial before subscribing.
- Hulu with Live TV (US) — With a mix of national and regional channels, you’ll be able to watch the vast majority of games. Try it out with its 7-day free trial.
- Sky Sports (Ireland and the UK) — An excellent monthly option for all games with commentary in English.
- Sling TV (US) — You can jump between several regional and country-wide broadcasters to catch as many games as possible. Check it out with the 7-day free trial.
- TSN (Canada) — A cheap monthly plan with a variety of global sports events.
- USTV Now (International) — An affordable plan that’s a good choice for viewers who want to keep up with live US programming, including Fox and CBS. Try it for free for 10 days.
- YouTube TV (US) — A pricier monthly subscription with 300+ channels including many sporting channels. You can try its 7-day trial.
🙃 How much does an NFL 2020 streaming subscription cost?
These are the cheapest plans for the NFL streaming subscriptions on this list:
- NFL Game Pass (Worldwide) — $124.99/year (India, but you can use a VPN to get the best price)
- DAZN (Austria, Canada, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland) — $20 CAD/month
- ESPN via Kayo Sports (Australia) — $25 AUD/month
- fuboTV (US) — $59.99/month
- Hulu with Live TV (US) — $54.99/month
- Sky Sports (Ireland and the UK) — £25/month
- Sling TV (US) — $30/month
- TSN (Canada) — $19.99 CAD/month
- USTV Now (International) — $19/month
- YouTube TV (US) — $64.99/month
😉 Can I get an International NFL Game Pass for a cheaper price using a VPN?
Yes — you can get the best deal by changing your location with a VPN. After I connected to 10 different country servers, I found the lowest price for the Game Pass in India!
If you decide to watch via the official NFL site, it’s worth taking advantage of a VPN. You can see some of the price differences below (converted to USD for easier comparison):
- Germany: $184.99
- India: $124.99
- Israel: $199.99
- Netherlands: $205.99
- UK: $184.99
As you can see, even neighboring countries can have substantial price differences for streaming subscriptions! Use a VPN to ensure you lock in the best price for any subscription you purchase — with the amount you save, the VPN almost immediately pays for itself!
🤩 What else can a VPN do besides help me watch the 2020 NFL season?
With a premium VPN, you can:
- Unblock both popular and local streaming services from anywhere. You can avoid the irritating Netflix proxy error and access the global libraries for Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Disney+, and many more.
- Protect your devices and data. By utilizing cutting-edge encryption techniques, a VPN keeps your data and traffic hidden from hackers and online spying. If you’re using public WiFi, it can also prevent man-in-the-middle attacks and other online threats.
- Torrent without being tracked. Once you connect to a VPN server, you’re assigned new temporary IP and DNS addresses. This stops copyright holders, your ISP, and anyone else from linking your online activities to your real identity.
- Unblock the full global internet. In restrictive countries, you’ll have difficulty browsing uncensored internet especially on foreign sites. You can bypass censorship with one of the top VPNs for China.
Tackle Regional Blocks and Watch the NFL Season From Anywhere!
You don’t want to miss a single punt, turnover, or touchdown during the 2020 NFL season, but a bad connection could cause you to miss a whole game. To make sure you get the best viewing experience, it’s necessary that you have a premium VPN for reliable and high-quality streams.
With a highly responsive server network and lightning-fast speeds, ExpressVPN is my #1 choice for watching the 2020 NFL season online. You’ll be able to stream NFL games in the highest resolution available to you. In the off-season, you can also watch other major sports including the NBA, NHL, and Premier League.
Find out for yourself — try ExpressVPN for 30 days for free with its money-back guarantee. If it doesn’t meet your expectations, you can easily get a refund with no questions asked and zero risk!