How to Watch Anything on BBC iPlayer From Poland in 2021
I’m a big fan of Line of Duty on BBC iPlayer, but I can’t watch it when I travel to Poland for work. Other review blogs have tips that aren’t easy to follow and many didn’t actually work!
Through trial and error, I discovered that the best way to watch BBC iPlayer in Poland is with a quality VPN. This way, it looks like you’re in the UK with a new IP address and you can get around BBC iPlayer’s geo-restrictions.
To make sure that you don’t waste your time and money, I personally tested 15 VPNs and narrowed it down to the top 2 that offer the best BBC iPlayer coverage in Poland. My #1 choice is ExpressVPN for its extensive network of servers that bypass any blocks quickly. You can try it risk-free for 30 days with its money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: 3 Easy Steps to Watch BBC iPlayer From Poland
- Get a VPN. ExpressVPN has speedy servers to get the best quality BBC iPlayer streaming experience in Poland.
- Connect to a server in the UK. ExpressVPN has over 3000 servers available, so you’ll never experience slowdowns due to crowded servers.
- Sign up for a BBC iPlayer account or log in if you already have an account. Watch your favorite BBC iPlayer show outside the UK!
Why You Can’t Access BBC iPlayer in Poland Without a VPN
BBC iPlayer doesn’t own worldwide broadcast rights for its shows and movies. This means that while the BBC might have licensing permissions to broadcast a show like Him & Her in the UK, another network owns the right to broadcast it in a different country like Poland. That’s why BBC iPlayer uses geo-blocking technology to prevent anyone from outside the UK from watching its shows.
Luckily, a premium VPN can help you get past these restrictions by changing your virtual location and masking your real whereabouts. All you have to do is connect to BBC iPlayer through a UK-based server. I thoroughly tested all of the premium VPNs on this list, so you won’t have any issues while watching shows like Peaky Blinders and Doctor Who on BBC iPlayer from Poland.
2 Best VPNs to Watch BBC iPlayer From Poland in October 2021
- 3,000+ servers worldwide and 4 server locations in the UK
- Consistently fast servers for streaming without buffering or lag
- Watch BBC iPlayer on 5 devices at once
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN’s lightning-fast UK servers make it a great choice for watching your favorite shows on BBC iPlayer from Poland without interruptions. I found that I could connect to BBC iPlayer from outside the UK in under 5 seconds. Although it only has 4 UK server locations, each one offered me speeds of at least 104Mbps. I didn’t have to wait for buffering on the London, East London, and Docklands servers, but I did have occasional lags with the Wembley location despite its equally fast speeds.
I didn’t experience any slow connections with ExpressVPN, even when I fast-forwarded to my favorite bits of Killing Eve. I also caught up on some episodes of Top Gear and Anna Kendrick’s new TV series Love Life.
It’s also comforting to know that ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any activity or connection logs. This was proven in 2017 when Turkish police couldn’t find any information that identified its users as part of their investigation. As my personal data was kept anonymous, I could stream without any worries.
You can test ExpressVPN’s fast UK servers for yourself with its 30-day money-back guarantee. Unlike other VPNs, ExpressVPN has a “no questions asked” policy. When I put this to the test, my refund request was processed immediately. Just like the 24/7 live agent said, I received the refund in my account in 5 days.
ExpressVPN also unblocks: Netflix, Disney+, HBO NOW, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, Sky Go, and more.
ExpressVPN works on: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon Fire TV, Playstation, and more.
October 2021 Update! ExpressVPN has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $6.67 per month for the 1-year plan (you can save up to 49%) + 3 months free! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
2. CyberGhost — Optimized Streaming Services for Watching BBC iPlayer
- 6900 servers in 90 countries including the UK
- Unlimited bandwidth for high-quality streaming without interruption
- Watch BBC iPlayer on 7 devices
- 45-day money-back guarantee
CyberGhost is one of the few VPNs that offers optimized servers to watch BBC iPlayer on. These servers are more guaranteed to be able to access BBC iPlayer so you can stream content safely. During my tests of these servers, I had no difficulties accessing BBC iPlayer without error messages. As a bonus, I also didn’t experience any unexpected speed drops or connection shortages.
Since most low-cost VPNs don’t work as well, I didn’t expect CyberGhost to be fast — but I was wrong. I was also surprised that I barely noticed any decreases in connection speed when I tested CyberGhost’s servers in 12 different countries. While I experienced slight drops in speed when I connected to more remote locations, CyberGhost maintained my speeds fast enough for HD streaming with minimal buffering. It’s not quite as fast as ExpressVPN, but I still think it’s one of the best options to stream BBC iPlayer in top quality.
Don’t just take my word for it — try CyberGhost for yourself for free for 30 days to see how well it works for you. As long as you request a refund before the 30 days are up, you’ll get your money back in full.
CyberGhost also unblocks: Netflix, Disney+, HBO NOW, Amazon Prime Video, Sling TV, Kodi, and more.
CyberGhost works on: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, Amazon Fire TV, and more.
October 2021 Update: CyberGhost has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $2.25 per month for the 2-year plan (you can save up to 83%)! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
Free VPNs Won’t Be Able to Bypass BBC iPlayer’s Geoblocks – Here’s Why
Platforms like the BBC regularly compile IP addresses associated with VPNs to add to their blacklists. This means if BBC iPlayer notices a large number of users have the same IP address when they visit the site (even if it’s UK-based), it’ll be blocked.
For this reason, while some free VPNs can access BBC iPlayer, you won’t have consistent access as free services don’t have the resources to constantly update their IP addresses. When using free VPNs to try and unblock BBC iPlayer abroad, I got error messages like this:
“BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues. In the UK? Here’s some advice.”
In addition to being inconsistent at best, free VPNs also:
- Give you limited speeds meaning more buffering and slower connections when watching your favorite show.
- Have data caps so your streaming experience could be cut short while watching.
- Share your data with advertisers or law enforcement, meaning your data is not kept private.
- Allow malicious third-parties to access your information and sell your bandwidth to premium users (which puts your data at risk).
You can avoid these risks by taking advantage of a premium VPN’s money-back guarantee. Every VPN on this list gives you 30 days to try its service — which is perfect if you only need it for a short time. I tried CyberGhost for 2 weeks before requesting a refund with the 24/7 live chat feature. After answering a couple routine questions, my refund was processed. The whole process only took me around 5 minutes and I had my money back in 7 days.
FAQs About BBC iPlayer and VPNs
Is BBC iPlayer really free to use?
BBC iPlayer is a free streaming service, but you can’t access it at all if you’re outside the UK. A premium VPN will give you consistent access to this free service even while you’re abroad. Even better, you’ll get a refund if you cancel the service before the 30-day money-back guarantee is up!
What do I do if BBC iPlayer asks me if I have a UK TV license?
If you get a message from BBC iPlayer asking about a UK TV license, you can easily bypass it by clicking “I have a TV license.” When using ExpressVPN’s UK servers, I didn’t have to enter a license number or address within the UK (which means it really hid my location).
BBC iPlayer also doesn’t require proof of your UK postcode when creating a free BBC iPlayer account. I successfully used the postcode of SW10 0AA, but you can also use KT10 0GJ, RH10 0EZ, or TW8 8BD. After entering a verified postcode, I was able to watch Blue Peter in just a few seconds.
What should I do If my VPN isn’t working with BBC iPlayer?
BBC iPlayer has invested in technology to block VPNs, so you might find that your premium VPN isn’t working with BBC iPlayer in Poland. Whenever I ran into issues, these tips worked for me:
- Switch on IP leak and DNS protection through your server’s settings to prevent BBC iPlayer from recognizing that you’re not based in the UK.
- Run a leak test to check whether your DNS requests or IP address is exposed. If it is, contact your VPN’s customer support team.
- Clear your browser cache, cookies, and DNS cache. After doing this, login into BBC iPlayer again.
- Try reconnecting with a different UK server as a server that works today might not necessarily work the next day.
- Use a different web browser.
- Disable location services and GPS on your mobile device and browser.
- Try accessing BBC iPlayer through your mobile device instead.
What should I look for when choosing a VPN for BBC iPlayer?
When choosing a VPN to access BBC iPlayer outside the UK, you need to make sure that it has many UK servers so that you can increase your chances of finding a server to bypass BBC iPlayer’s location restrictions. More servers also mean better connection speeds with less overcrowding.
On top of faster speeds, your choice of VPN should also have unlimited data and bandwidth so you can watch as much as you want without running out of data in the middle of a show.
Lastly, check that your VPN is compatible with a wide variety of devices and be sure to look for 24/7 user-friendly customer support to help you troubleshoot any issues along the way. ExpressVPN’s customer service is always responsive and knowledgeable — and they really are available any day and any hour.
What else can I do with a VPN?
Other than bypassing BBC iPlayer’s geo-blocks outside the UK, a VPN can also help you:
- Unblock shows restricted by other regions. For instance, you can watch Channel 5 anywhere with a UK or Australian server, or Hulu with a US-based server.
- Avoid slow speeds and buffering during bandwidth-intensive activities like streaming, video streaming, file sharing, and gaming.
- Keep your personal data safe when shopping online with a premium VPN that makes your location and browsing date untraceable. A VPN can also help you connect to a low-income country when booking flights to give you more affordable fares.
Start Watching BBC iPlayer From Poland Today!
With a high-quality VPN, you never have to miss out on binge-watching your favorite BBC iPlayer shows like EastEnders, Sherlock, and Doctor Who.
ExpressVPN is my first choice for watching BBC iPlayer abroad for its unlimited bandwidth and extremely fast loading speeds. During all of my tests, I could watch every show in the highest resolution without any interruptions. You can also easily bypass firewalls for other geoblocked platforms like HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Sling TV, and more.
Best of all, before making any decisions, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free for 30 days with its money-back guarantee!