You know the dances, now it’s time to play the wildly popular Fortnite game from Epic Games. Over the past few years, millions of gamers have joined a Battle Royale and attempted to be the last one standing. Build structures, strategize with other players, and find cool weapons, and most importantly, have fun.
How to Download Fortnite for Windows
Fortnite is part of Epic Games and you will have to first install the Epic Games Launcher before you can download a shortcut to Fortnite.
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar to jump directly to the Fortnite download page.
- The file will automatically start downloading.
- Once the download is complete, open the EpicGames Installer file and it will install on your computer.
- The Epic Games Launcher will open. Click on the Fortnite box to install and upgrade Fortnite to the latest version.
- Depending on your computer’s speed, it can take up to an hour to download the game. Other applications, such as .NET FRAMEWORK will also need to be installed. Give the installer permission to download the necessary programs.
- Once the installation is complete, a Fortnite shortcut will be added to your desktop, so you can quickly open the game and start playing.
How to Uninstall Fortnite
You can’t just delete Fortnite, you will have to remove the Epic Games Launcher, which can be done in a few easy steps.
- Type “Add or Remove Programs” in your Windows search bar
- Scroll down and find Epic Games and click Uninstall.
- If the program is running in the background you won’t be able to uninstall it. I opened the task manager and ended the process, then I clicked uninstall.
- The uninstaller will run and remove Epic Games from your computer.
You’ll notice the Fortnite shortcut wasn’t deleted from your computer. Don’t worry, once the Game Launcher is gone, the files are gone and the shortcut doesn’t open anything, just delete it from your desktop.
There are 3 different game options available in Fortnite.
- Battle Royale: This is the original and most popular of the Fortnite games. It’s a Player vs Player (PVP) game that sticks you on an island with 99 other players. The goal of the game is simple, be the last one standing. However, staying alive isn’t that easy. There is a shrinking safe zone on the island, which means that you can’t hide out forever. As you walk, drive, and even swim around the island you’ll be able to build and destroy structures, find weapons, and of course, other players.There are 3 game modes in Battle Royale
- Solo: Every man, woman, and child for themselves against 99 other players.
- Duo: Team up with a friend and play against 49 other two-man teams
- Squad: Create a group of 4 friends and take on 25 other squads.
- Creative: Get a private island full of building materials and let your imagination run wild. Build all kinds of structures and then invite your friends to show off your creations.
- Save the World: The newest addition to Fortnite, Save the World, is only available with a paid subscription. It’s a Player vs Environment (PvE) game. You’ll be presented with different challenges such as fighting the storm, rescuing different characters, designing weapons, and more. You can team up with at least 3 other players as you navigate your way through this mode. According to Epic Games, Save the World is still in Early Access, but they do plan on releasing it for free, like Create and Battle Royale in the near future.
5 Tips for Playing Fortnite
- Don’t jump from the Battle Bus too quickly.
The Battle Royale begins with a trip on the flying Battle Bus. All 100 players are on board and once the horn is sounded players are allowed to jump out, but you should resist the urge to leap out with everyone else. Instead try waiting as long as you can, so that you won’t land in a crowded area, where you may quickly be greeted by an attacking opponent.
As you glide down from the Battle Bus try and land in a residential area. Not only will a house provide some much-needed cover, but you may be able to find weapons, shields, potions, or other helpful items laying around.
- Ignore sniper guns and shotguns – assault rifles and submachine guns (SMG) are great beginner weapons.
There is a natural tendency to try and find the “coolest” weapons that can do the most damage. But if you’re a beginner, using a specialty weapon, such as a sniper rifle which is useless in close range or a shotgun that’s useless for long-range shots, can get you killed. Instead, start out with the more versatile weapons like an SMG or assault rifle.
- Build structures for cover as soon as you can
One of the fun things to do on the island is to use your pickaxe to harvest materials. Break down trees, houses, even cars, and then use that material to build your own cover structure.
If you need a healing kit or potion to recover from being shot, build a cover structure first. It can take up to 10 seconds before your strength returns, and during that time, you’re vulnerable and can’t move much. The cover will protect you from additional harm until you’re healthy enough to get in the battle.
- Gain the higher ground for an advantage in a shootout
If you’re looking for an advantage during a shootout, head for higher ground. This can be a tall structure that you built, climbing the side of a hill, or on the top floor of a building. It will be harder for your opponent to hit you and it will give you a better view of the landscape. And if you have a sniper gun, you’ll have a better chance of hitting an opponent without them even seeing you.
- Use your pickaxe and collect materials while on the move.
As you run around the island, avoiding the other 99 players and staying within the safety zone, don’t pass up the opportunity to collect building materials. You never know when you’ll have to quickly build some cover or get the high ground and not having the right materials can be the difference between life and death.
💰Is Fortnite Free?
While Fortnite is free to download and play, there are some helpful upgrades that you can purchase. Fortnite has its own currency called V-Bucks that you be used to purchase new clothes for your characters, cool new dance moves, and some other visual upgrades.
As I mentioned earlier, the Save the World game mode is currently only available for purchase as well.
📲 Is Fortnite available for Android or iOS?
Fortnite is available through the Play and App store. While the game is a little more difficult to play on the smaller screens and the graphics are not quite as good, the game is the same. Jump onto the island and try to be the last one standing.
❓How do I get new Fortnite skins?
There are over 160 skins, and they’re broken up into 5 categories: Legendary, Epic, Rare, Uncommon, and Common.
Skins are a great way to personalize Fortnite. You can dress your character in different clothes and stylize your weapons in different ways. Most skins are not free and can be purchased with V-Bucks, that you either earn in the game or purchase with real money.
There is no competitive advantage to purchasing a skin over using the default skins.
✅How do I dance in Fortnite?
Dancing over an opponent or just emoting during a dull moment of play is one of the more entertaining features in Fortnite. If you’re on a PC you can click the B button to start dancing. All players have a basic dance for free, and you can earn new dance moves as you play and build your profile. There are also some dances available for purchase with V-Bucks.
⚙️How can I control my character on PC and Mac (no controller)?
If you’re using your keyboard and mouse to control your characters, you’ll need to get used to the buttons. Instead of the arrow keys controlling your characters, you can use:
Space Bar: Jump
Shoot or Swing the Pickaxe: Left mouse button
T: Pick up weapon, healing kit, ammo, etc.
R: Reload your weapon
Move your mouse to look around
There are so many more actions that you can do, and it will take a game or two to get comfortable and learn the different keys. However, the actions listed above are enough to get you started.
🔎What are Fortnite Seasons?
Fortnite Seasons are a brilliant marketing strategy by Epic Games to keep the game new and relevant. Each season lasts around 3 months, and new weapons, map adjustments, and other features are introduced for each season.
🔒 Can I use a VPN when playing Fortnite?
Whether you want to play Fortnite but you’re blocked by a school or work firewall or the game was banned in your country, you can use a VPN to bypass these restrictions. While the official Terms and Conditions of Epic Games state that you can’t use a VPN, I did find several VPNs that worked well with Fortnite. I didn’t have any trouble with logging in, speeds, or communicating with friends.Visit Fortnite Website