How to Watch Solo: A Star Wars Story on Disney+ in 2022
With a Disney+ membership, you can watch Solo and every other Star Wars movie (and TV show) — past, present, and future! However, if you’re not in a country with Disney+ support (like the US, Germany, or Australia), you’ll be blocked from accessing the platform and get this annoying error message:
Fortunately, get around the geo-block and unblock Disney+ from anywhere with a VPN.
To find out which VPNs offer the best overall streaming experience, I tested over 15 providers with Disney+ and shortlisted the top 5 on this page. If you want a quick recommendation, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for watching Solo on Disney+ with no buffering.
ExpressVPN is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it to see if it’s right for you, completely risk-free. With the “no questions asked” refund policy, it took me less than 3 minutes to make the request and I got my money back in 3 days.
3 Steps to Watch Solo: A Star Wars Story on Disney Plus
- Get a VPN. ExpressVPN has super quick loading times and fast speeds for high resolution Disney+ streams.
- Connect to a server in a supported Disney+ country. I chose a UK server as it’s the closest one to me.
- Start watching Solo! Just log in to Disney+ with your account information — easy.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Solo: A Star Wars Story From Anywhere
Due to licensing agreements, Disney+ blocks you if you’re outside of its supported countries. A VPN changes your IP address (a digital identifier that contains location information) and tricks the streaming platform into thinking you’re in a country with Disney+ access. Then you can access any Star Wars content from anywhere in the world.
Fortunately, all of the VPNs on this list offer at least 30 days to get a full refund. This means you can watch Solo: A Star Wars Story and hundreds of other titles from anywhere before getting your money back in full!
Quick Guide: Best VPNs for Disney Plus
- ExpressVPN — #1 VPN for watching Solo: A Star Wars Story with no buffering and reliable, high-quality streaming. You can try it for risk-free as it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- CyberGhost — Reliable HD streams, but only one streaming server optimized for Disney+ (in the US).
- PrivateVPN — Supports 5 Disney+ catalogs, but has the smallest server network on this list (which can get crowded and slow down speeds).
3 Best VPNs to Watch Solo: A Star Wars Story on Disney Plus in July 2022
- 3,000+ servers worldwide — 30+ server locations in Disney+ countries
- Instantly watch Disney+ content without buffering or throttling
- Unlimited bandwidth servers for uninterrupted streaming
- Connect up to 5 devices at once
- 24/7 email and live chat support
While testing ExpressVPN, I was impressed that all Disney+ content loaded in under 2 seconds — even instantly most of the time! This means you’ll have more time to watch your favorite Star Wars content instead of staring at the Disney logo while it’s buffering. When I tested the nearby Docklands and The Hague servers, both loaded right away. Even the farthest server from me in New York took just 2 seconds! I watched Solo from start to finish without an issue and had no lag for the rest of the movie.
With ExpressVPN’s high speeds, you can stream in high quality without affecting your other browsing or downloading activities. The UK and Netherlands servers averaged 80Mbps, while the US servers offered half this speed during my tests. Disney+ requires a minimum 5Mbps download speed for HD content and 25Mbps for 4K, so you can easily watch with the highest resolutions.
ExpressVPN consistently unblocked Disney+ and let me watch Solo: A Star Wars Story in Ultra HD with no interruptions.
ExpressVPN officially supports Disney+ US, UK, Canada, Netherlands, and Australia! With these locations, you should always have a high-performance server relatively nearby. I was able to connect to all the European, North American, Indian, and Australian servers in under 5 seconds.
You’re able to watch streaming content on up to 5 devices at once with ExpressVPN — ideal for sharing. While Disney+ only supports streaming on 2 simultaneous devices, those you’re sharing with can still stream from any other supported service! This works on all supported devices, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and several more.
You can try ExpressVPN to instantly load your Disney+ streams risk free as it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. I wanted to check if this policy was true, so I used the service for 2 weeks before requesting a refund through the live chat. The agent didn’t waste my time trying to convince me to stay (in line with the no-questions-asked policy). The hassle-free conversation took just 5 minutes. After the agent approved my refund, I had the money back in my account in 5 days. If you paid with PayPal, you can get your money back within a few hours!
ExpressVPN also unblocks: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Roku, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, HBO GO, SHOWTIME, Vudu, Sling TV, HBO NOW, DC Universe, AT&T TV, and more
ExpressVPN works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Kodi, Chromebook, Linux, Android TV, Fire TV, various smart TVs, select routers, and more
July 2022 Update! ExpressVPN has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $6.67 per month for the 1-year plan (you can save up to 49%) + 3 months free! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 6,500+ global servers — 1 dedicated server with Disney+ support
- Optimized Disney+ US streaming server for reliable high-quality streaming
- No bandwidth limits for endless Star Wars marathons
- Connect up to 7 devices simultaneously
- Live chat available 24/7
CyberGhost has a dedicated server for Disney+ US to automatically help you reliably unblock Solo. This saved me a lot of time from checking if individual servers unblocked Disney+. While CyberGhost currently only offers one Disney+ server, a customer support representative told me that more supported countries will be added soon.
While CyberGhost only has one optimized server for Disney+, you can try its many other dedicated servers to unblock Netflix, Prime, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and several more! These give you the quickest and most reliable access to each streaming service.
I still had fast speeds while testing a non-optimized US server (145Mbps), while the slowest server I tested (Canada) still reached 130Mbps! Although these speeds aren’t as fast as those of the top 2 VPNs, this allows you to watch with the highest streaming quality that your device can support. When I tested the regular US server while watching Solo, the quality was slightly grainy for 15 seconds before it became full HD for the rest of the movie.
You can try CyberGhost’s optimized streaming servers for free for 45 days with its money-back guarantee — the longest refund policy on this list! I’ve tested this by using the service for a month before I requested a refund through the 24/7 live chat. The agent tried to troubleshoot any issues, but didn’t push me to stay. Then my refund was confirmed and I had the money back within 7 days!
CyberGhost also unblocks: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Roku, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, Crunchyroll, SHOWTIME, DAZN, HBO NOW, Vudu, Sling TV, and more
CyberGhost works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Kodi, Android TV, Fire TV, Apple TV, various Smart TVs, select routers, and more
July 2022 Update! You can subscribe to CyberGhost for as low as $2.29 per month + get extra 3 months free with the 3-year plan (save up to 83%)! This is a limited offer so grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 150+ global servers — 6 server locations in Disney+ countries
- Minimal buffering while watching Disney+
- No bandwidth limits for endless streaming
- Up to 6 simultaneous devices connections
- Live chat or support ticket for assistance
PrivateVPN’s support for multiple Disney+ countries makes it a great choice for watching Solo. You can unblock Disney+ content from the US, UK, Netherlands, Italy, and Ireland. When I tested the London and Netherlands servers, I was impressed by the reliable connections and high-quality streams.
When I tested watching Solo: A Star Wars Story, The Mandalorian, and Rogue One, they each only buffered for up to 3 seconds despite my distance from the servers. This is an impressive speed, especially with the US as the farthest from me (although still not as fast as ExpressVPN).
As the VPN with the smallest server network on this list, I was worried that PrivateVPN might not perform as well as the others. However, I had extremely stable connections every time I tried to watch Disney+.
You can try PrivateVPN’s Disney+ servers for 30 days with its money-back guarantee. I’ve tested this myself by submitting a refund request through a support ticket (since this isn’t possible through live chat). A few hours later, I received an email asking why I wanted to leave. I briefly replied that some of the devices I use aren’t supported. After 3 days, they processed my refund. I had the money back in my account in just 1 day!
PrivateVPN also unblocks: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, HBO GO, SHOWTIME, DAZN, HBO NOW, DC Universe, and more
PrivateVPN works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Chromebook, Linux, Android TV, Kodi, Fire TV, Galaxy Tab, select routers, and more
Can I Use Free VPNs to Watch Solo: A Star Wars Story?
It’s possible, but I don’t recommend them for watching Disney+ (or really anything else). I tested some of the best free VPNs available and many free providers:
- Can’t unblock Disney+ or any other streaming services.
- Reduce your internet speed and bandwidth, leading to interruption or lag while streaming.
- Force unwanted ads on webpages you visit.
- Sell your bandwidth to premium users without your consent.
- Compromise your privacy by selling your data to advertisers or the government.
You can avoid all of these unnecessary risks by getting a premium VPN. ExpressVPN is the best overall VPN for the most reliable connection to Disney+, no buffering, and fast speeds. You can also try it risk-free for 30 days! When I tested ExpressVPN’s refund process, I was happy that it only took 5 minutes through the 24/7 live chat. Then the money was back in my account 5 days later.
FAQs on Watching Solo: A Star Wars Story With a VPN
Can a VPN do more than help me watch Solo: A Star Wars Story?
Yes, a VPN can do much more than allow you to watch Solo: A Star Wars Story from anywhere. When connected to a VPN, you can:
- Unblock streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video to watch restricted content from around the world.
- Keep your devices and personal data secure. A VPN’s secure encryption keeps you safe on unprotected networks and hides your data from leaking to hackers and other malicious groups.
- Torrent safely and without being tracked online. By replacing your normal IP and DNS addresses, a VPN lets you anonymously download.
What other Star Wars shows and movies are on Disney Plus?
Star Wars movies: You have access to the Prequel and Original trilogy, the newer Skywalker Saga, and the Anthology movies Solo: A Star Wars Story and Rogue One.
Live-action Star Wars series: I recommend that you check out how to watch The Mandalorian, which is currently the only live-action series on Disney+. It’s set between Episodes VI and VII and follows an intergalactic bounty hunter as he travels the universe (and meets “Baby Yoda” along the way!).
Animated Star Wars series: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (between movies Episode II and III) and Star Wars Rebels (between the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy), Star Wars Resistance (before and during the events of the sequel trilogy), and Star Wars: Forces of Destiny (across multiple Star Wars eras). You’ll also find the Lego Star Wars episodes, which kids and kids at heart will love!
Besides Star Wars, Disney offers a lot more content. This includes almost all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe — Infinity War will be added later this year and Loki will be launched within the next year. You’ll also have access to beautifully animated and family-friendly movies from Pixar, such as WALL-E and the Toy Story series.
You can also subscribe to a Disney+ bundle, which gives you additional services for a more cost-effective overall plan. One of my favorites is the Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu bundle. It gives you access to content on Disney, ESPN+ sports (both live and archived), and Hulu. While bundle is only available in the US, you can easily connect to a US server before creating your account.
How can I sign up to watch Disney Plus from anywhere?
- Download and open a VPN that can unblock Disney+. ExpressVPN is my top choice for watching Disney+ with instant loading and fast speeds for high-quality streaming.
- Connect to a server in a country that supports Disney+. I chose the UK since it’s the closest server to me that can access Disney+.
- Go to disneyplus.com and choose “Sign up for Disney+”.
- When you’ve signed up, stay connected to the VPN, and log in. Start streaming without restrictions!
What devices does Disney Plus support?
You can watch Disney+ on the following devices:
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
- Mobile devices: Android (5.0 or later), iOS and iPadOS (11.0 or later), and Fire tablet (Fire OS 5.0 or later)
- Smart TVs: Apple TV (select versions), Samsung TVs (2016 or later with Tizen OS), Vizio SmartCast TVs (2016 or later, with exceptions), Android TV (5.0 or later), and LG TV (WebOS 3.0 or later)
- Streaming devices: Roku (select devices) and Fire TV devices
- Game consoles: Xbox One and Playstation 4
Start Your VPN Hyperdrive and Watch Solo: A Star Wars Story From Anywhere!
Solo: A Star Wars Story is one of the final pieces of the Star Wars saga to make the move to Disney+. Now’s the perfect time to open the intergalactic floodgates to all the incredible content on Disney’s new platform! All you need is a VPN to watch Solo and the 7,000+ other titles on Disney+ from anywhere in the world.
Keep in mind that ExpressVPN is backed by a 30day money-back guarantee. If you try it and it’s not right for you, you can get a refund with no questions asked!
Summary: These Are the Best VPNs to Watch Solo: A Star Wars Story on Disney+