Download AutoCAD by AutoDesk, a professional graphic design program that is commonly used by engineers, architects, and students. In addition to designing complex structures, AutoCAD also has an animation feature that gives you a complete view of the 2D and 3D designs. AutoCAD is not a simple software to learn, but you can find great tutorials on the Autodesk site.
Follow the instruction below and get a free 30-day trial of AutoCAD for business professionals. If you’re a teacher or student with a SheerID number, AutoCAD will let you use the software for free forever.
How to Download and Install AutoCAD for Free
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar and a new tab will open directly to the AutoCAD free trial page.
- Click on the Download Free Trial button.
- Choose which AutoCAD you want and then press the Next button.
- A page with system requirements will open. If everything looks good, click on the Next button.
- Select whether you’re going to use AutoCAD for business or education. If you choose for Business, you can select your preferred language and click Next. If you choose Education, you will have to verify your eligibility with a SheerID number, and then you will have unlimited free access to the software. After you verify your status as an educator or student, click Next.
- If you have an Autodesk account, you can log in now. Otherwise, click the Create Account link.
- Enter your name, a valid email address and secure password and click Create Account.
- If you want to receive promotional emails or special offers, check the box, otherwise click on Done.
- If you choose AutoCAD for business, you will have to enter your company, phone number, and country and then click the Begin Download button.
- The .exe file will download to your computer.
- When the download is complete, open the file and the AutoCAD installation wizard will begin.
- You will have to accept the License and Service Agreement and click Next.
- Select the file location you want AutoCAD to download to, and click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Launch Now.
How to Uninstall AutoCAD
If AutoCAD isn’t the right program for you or you want to remove it after your free trial expires, you can quickly uninstall it from your computer by following these simple steps. You can find several free AutoCAD alternatives below.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar.
- Find Autodesk AutoCAD in the list of installed programs and click the Uninstall button.
- An AutoCAD window will open with three options. Choose the Uninstall option.
- Confirm that you want to uninstall the software and it will be completely removed from your computer.
Computer-aided design (CAD) software is an industry-standard technology that is ideal for designing and optimizing 2D and 3D models. AutoCAD is one of the best-known CAD programs and comes with all the tools needed for designing your work, rendering you models, creating them to scale, and so much more. The AutoCAD software has tools that can be used across multiple industries, such as drafting and editing architectural structure, mechanical engineering, electrical design, and prototyping.
AutoCAD comes with industry-specific toolsets:
- Architecture: Drawing tools for creating floor plans, sections, walls, windows, and doors. It also includes over 8,000 architectural objects and styles.
- Electrical: Create schematic diagrams, panel layouts, and use project standards. It comes with over 65,000 intelligent electrical symbols that support most industry standards.
- Map 3D: Using the drawing environment, you can create maps to scale, with the proper topography and GIS information. Includes standard data schema, and report templates that are used in water, electric and gas companies in North America and Europe.
- Mechanical: Perfect for automating mechanical engineering tasks, creating and assembling parts and has special tools for product design. Includes over 700,000 mechanical engineering parts, features, and tools.
- MEP: Specialized tools for Mechanics, Electrical, Plumbing tasks so you can draft and design construction documents. Includes over 10,500 MEP objects that are used by most industry standards.
- Plant 3D: Excellent features for creating piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and adding them to a 3D model of an industrial-sized plant. You can build and share isometric and orthographic reports, building layouts, floor plans, and more. It includes over 400 symbols and objects that work with ANSI and DIN, plus many other standards.
- Raster Design: Improve the final look of your models that will convert raster to vector images to DWG objects. This will erase extra lines and touch up the models, giving them a finished and professional look.
Free Alternatives to AutoCAD
- SketchUp: Download a free trial of SketchUp and get instant access to one of the best 3D model CAD programs available. This relatively easy-to-use software can be used by novices and professionals alike to design anything from your garden to complex architectural designs.
- Blender: Use this completely free and open-source CAD software to design 2D drawings and 3D models, VR applications, mobile apps, film animation, and more.
?Is AutoCAD free?
While AutoCAD doesn’t have a completely free version of its software, if you follow these instructions, you can get AutoCAD free for 30 days. This is a perfect solution if you need a quick solution for completing a project or have only one or two designs that can be completed in under 30 days.
?Is AutoCAD secure?
The official AutoCAD software from Autodesk is a secure program with no known viruses and malware. You should also be careful to always update to the latest version, which usually includes security patches and updates.
Do not try and download a “cracked AutoCAD” program as it might contain viruses or malware.
?Can AutoCAD convert a PDF file to DWG?
AutoCAD adding a PDFIMPORT button in the 2017 release, which makes converting PDF files to DWG simple. All lines from the PDF will be treated as editable geometry, and the text can be edited as well.Visit AutoCAD Website