Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is an efficient and secure document creation software that is heavily used by many workplaces and individuals alike. The application also allows users to combine and protect files. The electronic signature feature is handy for anyone who wants to sign contracts electronically.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to get Acrobat Pro DC for Free for 7 days. I found the best way to do it is through the Adobe Creative Cloud bundle which gives you unlimited access to all Adobe apps (including Acrobat) for free during the trial.
How to Download and Install Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for Free
- Go directly to the official Adobe Acrobat Pro DC download page.
- Click the Free Trial button.
- Adobe will show you two plans:
- Download Acrobat Pro, which includes access on all platforms, Acrobat Sign, integrations with Microsoft, Google, Box, and more, plus 100 GB of cloud storage.
- The complete Creative Cloud collection of 20+ apps, including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Lightroom, and more.
- Once you make your selection, press the Continue button.
- While you won’t be charged during the free trial, you will need to enter your credit card, PayPal, or Google Pay information. Then click the Agree and Subscribe button.
- If you have an Adobe account, you will need to log in. Otherwise, click on the Create Account link to register an account.
- The Creative Cloud setup file will download to your computer after you log in.
- When the file download is complete, open Creative Cloud, and the Acrobat Pro installation will begin.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Overview
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Adobe has consistently developed the best PDF and PDF editing software for years. After all, the company literally invented the PDF file over 20 years ago.
While it was released as a public standard, Adobe continues to find ways to improve its functionality with the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC software.
Acrobat Pro DC has improved UI, editing tools, import and export features, and much more with the latest update.
One of the most significant updates is that Adobe Pro DC is now part of the Adobe Creative Cloud bundle. This makes collaborating with others, sharing files, and easy access to your files much easier.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Features
Acrobat Pro DC is divided into three different sections:
- Acrobat DC: Gives you access to multiple editing features and options from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Adobe Document Cloud: This is the action hub for creating and exporting PDFs. Once the file is ready, you can upload it to your cloud storage, share it with others, and accept digital signatures.
- Acrobat Reader DC: A top-notch PDF reader that can open, read, and sign PDF files.
Now let’s take a deeper look at the features that are included in each of these sections.
Edit PDF Files
Until recently, a PDF file was basically a photograph of a document or image. There was no good way to edit it or make any changes. Thankfully, Acrobat Pro DC has added the option to edit everything from texts to images. It comes with basic editor tools like automatic spell check and a “find and replace” search option, so you can make sweeping changes without having to read through the entire document.
The editing tools allow users to change the formatting, add or move images, fix typos, and even change the order of the document pages. The editing features are also available on the Adobe mobile app so that you can work from anywhere and on any supported device.
If you’re editing a PDF or just going over a team project, you can add comments, notes, and highlight text that you want.
Other editing features include:
- Rotating pages
- Cropping pages
- Adding pages
- Deleting Pages
- Changing the order of pages
- Combining multiple PDFs
Convert just about any file to a PDF
You can create a PDF in 4 simple steps by converting files from their original format.
- Click the Tools button on the Acrobat toolbar and then select Create PDF.
- A dialogue box will open, select the file you want to convert to a PDF.
- Press the Create or Next button (the text on the button varies depending on the file type).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select the folder you want to save your new file.
Here are just some of the file formats that are compatible with Acrobat Pro DC:
- Microsoft 365: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint all have built-in options in their Save As sections for a PDF. These can all be opened, shared, and edited through Acrobat Pro and maintain the exact font, layout, and spacing on all devices.
- Digital images to PDF: Whether you’re scanning a document to your computer, or you need to save digital images with JPG, PNG, or TIFF formats, you can upload them to Acrobat Pro DC and save them as searchable PDFs.
- HTML to PDF: This is a helpful tool if you’re working on a website or doing QA and need to see exactly how it works and behaves. Acrobat Pro DC has the tools to convert the HTML code and save it as a PDF. It can even combine multiple websites in a single file. While the format is a PDF, the layout buttons and links work as if it’s a website.
Convert PDF to other file formats
In addition to converting files to PDF, Acrobat works in the other direction as well. If you have a PDF that you need to edit or change the presentation style, you can export the file in a few simple steps.
- Open the document in Acrobat and click on the Export PDF icon on the right-hand side.
- Select the format you want.
- Click the Export button. Acrobat Pro uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to ensure that the exported document is as similar to the original as possible.
- Save the file to the folder of your choice.
Some of the export options are:
- PDF to Word: The seamless conversion will maintain your fonts, tables, graphs, and layouts.
- PDF to PowerPoint: PowerPoint will save your formatting options, making converting a single PDF into a beautiful presentation easy.
- PDF to Excel: Excel will maintain the columns, formatting, and formulas from the PDF, so you won’t have to waste time formatting or uploading the data.
- PDF to Image: You can either choose to export each picture in the file or select specific images and convert them to high-quality JPEG, PNG, or TIFF files.
Merging and Splitting PDF files
Organize your files by combining multiple files or breaking a large file into smaller segments with the merge and split tools. The merge tool allows you to reorder and number pages, while the splitter lets you dictate the number of pages, maximum file sizes, or split by bookmarks.
Compress large PDF files
One of the most underrated features in Adobe, in my opinion, is the file compression option. If you have a large file that will take up too much storage space or is too large to email or share, you can compress it seconds and save a lot of space. You can choose the file version compatibility from the drop-down menu, and while the file size will be compressed, the document’s quality will remain the same.
Collaborate with others
Adobe has streamlined the collaboration efforts with a few crucial updates to the sharing options. Instead of uploading the document as an attachment and collecting feedback and comments from the entire team or group, you can send one link to everyone giving them access to the document.
Now everyone can look at the same file and make their comments, notes, and highlights visible to everyone with access to the document.
Digitally sign or request signatures
Long gone are the days where you have to print a PDF, sign it, scan it, and email it back. With the Adobe Fill & Sign feature, you can easily add your digital signature and initials to any document. There is also an option to add your personal information to an autofill collection, so you can save time when a form requires you to add your name, age, address, etc.
Acrobat Pro DC also has tools that can help you organize documents that you send out for signatures. The document tracker will show you which files are still waiting for a signature, and then it will automatically store the document once it is signed.
Two helpful mobile apps
Acrobat Pro DC has two mobile apps for Android and iOS that allow you to stay connected from wherever you are. The first is the Acrobat Reader, which has nearly the same level of functionality as the desktop version. You can make edits, comments, share, sign, track documents, and access your files.
The second app is Adobe Scan. Use your camera to capture any document, receipt, or picture, and Adobe will upload it to your cloud storage. The scan app has some editing options, such as rotating, cropping, and straightening the image. It uses Adobe Sensei to enhance lines, handwriting, and printed text and removes unnecessary shadows and glares.
The Acrobat Pro DC Interface
Acrobat Pro DC uses a modern tabbed interface that makes it easy to navigate and work on multiple files at once.
To get started, go to the “Home” tab. This is where you see the most recently viewed documents and files uploaded from the Adobe Scan app. You can also quickly load documents that are stored on your computer, Adobe Document Cloud, or connect it with other cloud storage services like Google Drive, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Dropbox.
You can also open a tab to see which documents have been sent out and are still waiting for a signature. All files with new comments or notes can be easily found by opening a different tabbed section.
Open the Tools tab to see the complete list of PDF editing and sharing tools. The most popular tools are located on the right sidebar as well. You can customize your toolbar by dragging the icon from the Tool section to the sidebar.
They are organized by function:
- Create & Edit
- Share & Review
- Forms & Signatures
- Protect & Standardize
You can customize your view by selecting specific tools from each function, creating a shortcut that will display on the right-hand side.
Each file that you open will appear as a separate tab in the Document view. You can easily toggle between files, which I found to be easier than opening and closing files all day. On the top menu bar in Document view is the toolbar, where you can access some of the basic editing tools.
Ease of Use
Adobe did a great job with the latest updates to Acrobat Pro DC. I found it to be a time and money saver. My printer always seems to be out of ink, which caused me to leave plenty of documents unsigned. Now, I take advantage of the digital signature tool and get all forms back in on time.
The editing tools are very easy to use, and as long as you’ve worked with any type of word processing software, they won’t cause you any trouble. What I found really cool is the OCR feature. It finds the font used in the PDF, so the edits look natural.
I tested out the conversion tools, converting files to PDF and exporting PDF files to different formats. It was quick and easy, with just a few clicks of the mouse or taps on the tablet, and within seconds I had the files in the format I needed.
While I found the features and tools to be fairly straightforward, I was happy to see that Adobe has an excellent help section. It goes through each tool, with both video and text tutorials, to ensure that all users will get the most out of each feature.
While the complete Acrobat Pro app is only available on PC and Mac, there are four PDF related mobile apps that you can download for Android and iOS:
- Acrobat Reader: Opens PDF files.
- Adobe Scan: Scan documents and upload them to your Creative Cloud account.
- Adobe Fill & Sign: A convenient app for signing PDF files.
- Acrobat Sign: You can e-sign documents and prepare documents to be signed by adding different fields. When you send them out to be signed, Acrobat Sign will track any progress and send out reminders for unsigned documents.
Acrobat Pro System Requirements
Before downloading Adobe Acrobat Pro, make sure that your computer meets the system requirements.
|Processor||Intel or AMD, and it must be at least 1.5GHz|
|OS||64-bit Windows 10, 11
32-bit Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
|Hard Disk||4.5 GB|
|Monitor Resolution||1024 x 768|
|Processor||Intel or M1 Apple Silicon|
|OS||macOS 10.15 or later|
|Hard Disk||2.75 GB|
|Monitor Resolution||1024 x 768|
How to Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
There are two ways to uninstall the software from your device.
Using Apps and Features:
- Open the Apps and Features window on your device. Select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and click on Uninstall.
- You will be prompted to confirm the action.
- Select Uninstall and the software will be uninstalled from your device.
Using the Creative Cloud Desktop:
How to Cancel your Adobe Account
When you’re done using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, you can cancel your account to prevent extending your subscription beyond the free 7-day trial. It’s a simple process, and you can do it through your Adobe account. Follow this step-by-step guide to cancel your account.
- Log into your Adobe account.
- Click on the Plans tab.
- Select Manage Plan.
- Select Cancel Plan.
- You will then be asked to verify your identity and confirm the cancellation.
Additional Adobe Creative Cloud Apps
- Adobe Photoshop: Get professional editing tools for all your graphic design needs. With Photoshop you can adjust facial features, change the sky, remove backgrounds, add text overlay, edit videos, and so much more.
- Adobe InDesign: Create professional layouts for online and print media with Adobe InDesign. It has all the graphic design tools you need to help you bring your vision to life. It’s an easy program to learn, and accessible for students and professionals alike.
- Adobe PDF Reader: PDF Reader is a reliable and free solution that can be used to view, sign, comment, and share PDF documents. However, the editing features are limited.
Is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC free?
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has a free trial for seven days. You can download and install the software by following the steps above.
Is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC secure?
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is secure because the software is created using standard industry security practices for confidentiality of data and access management. Be sure to download the latest DC version from the official Adobe website.
What happens after the 7-day trial ends?
Based on the payment plan you selected when installing the software, Adobe will start charging you at the end of the trial period. You cancel your account at any point, but take note that you will instantly lose access to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Therefore, only cancel your account only when you are completely finished with the software.
Is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC compatible with other Creative Cloud program
Yes, the software integrates seamlessly with other Creative Cloud programs, providing a superior user experience.Visit Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Website