PowerPoint is one of the easiest presentation tools I’ve ever used. It comes with a wide range of templates and colors. This way, your presentation will have the same formats, giving it consistency as you click through the presentation. There is also the option to customize your presentations and work off a blank slide. Choose the image placement, colors, font size, and more.
The slide animations and transition are among my favorite features, as they make it easy to bring the slideshow to life. You can preview the slides and animations so you’ll see if it makes the presentation too busy or detracts from your overall message.
PowerPoint is ideal for both personal and professional use, and with this helpful guide, I’ll show you how to get PowerPoint for free for 30 days. The only way to download PowerPoint is through the Microsoft 365 bundle, so when you follow the steps below, you’ll also get access to the entire collection of essential apps.
How to Download PowerPoint (Microsoft 365) for Free
- Click the Download button on the sidebar, and a new page will open with some helpful FAQs for Microsoft 365. Click on the Start Download button, and the official PowerPoint (Microsoft 365) website will open in a new tab.
- Click the Try Free for 1 Month link.
- Click the Try 1 Month Free button.
- Only users with a Microsoft account are eligible for the free trial. If you have an account, you can log in now. Otherwise, click the Create Account link to register a free account.
- While you won’t be charged during the free trial, you still need to enter payment information to continue.
- Microsoft accepts payments from Credit Card or Debit Card, PayPal, or Mobile Phone. Choose your preferred payment option and click Continue.
- Enter the credit card numbers, PayPal information, or your mobile number to proceed to the Checkout and then click Continue
- Press the Subscribe button.
- After the payment method is confirmed, click the Continue button.
- Click the Download the Desktop Apps button, and your Microsoft dashboard will open in a new tab.
- Click Install Office and the setup wizard will automatically download to your computer.
- Open the downloaded file, and it will instantly begin installing PowerPoint and the entire Microsft 365 app collection to your computer.
How to Uninstall PowerPoint from Windows
If PowerPoint isn’t the right program for you or if you’ve finished making the slideshows you need, you can easily uninstall the software from your computer in a few easy steps.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the windows search bar.
- Scroll down to Microsoft 365 and click uninstall.
- Confirm that you want to remove Microsoft 365 (with PowerPoint in it), and the uninstallation wizard will safely remove it from your computer.
While this will remove PowerPoint and Microsoft 365 from your computer, it won’t cancel your account. If you have presentations saved to your OneDrive cloud storage, you can still access it.
PowerPoint is one of the most versatile programs included in the Microsoft 365 suite. It can be used by anyone from kids making a picture slideshow for their friends to students creating slideshows for class and salesmen for highlighting the benefits of their product. Whatever the reason, there is an appropriate template design, color scheme, and animation or transition that brings the presentation together.
You can set up animations for each picture, word, or item on the slide. This is how that object will enter the page. If you have multiple animations on a page, make sure to set them up in order so that you don’t have a situation where the graphics come in before the text or vice versa. You can always preview how an animation will look or how the whole slide will look before saving your work. There is also the option to set the animations to run automatically once the slide loads in Presentation Mode, so you don’t have to keep clicking the mouse for the next object to appear.
If you’re using PowePoint as a visual aide during a lecture, speech, or presentation, it comes with some excellent features and suggestions:
- Notes: Add notes that only you see to ensure you don’t forget what you planned on saying.
- Set the slides on a timer: You can automate the slides, so they change at specific time intervals.
- Remote control access: Using your smartphone, you can change slides without having to walk over to your computer and click the mouse.
- Compatible with all Mircosoft 365 tools: Integrate Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, diagrams, and flowcharts from Visio without having to convert any files or download any special plugins.
Additional Microsoft 365 Apps
Microsoft 365 comes with a large collection of important apps for computers and mobile devices. Here are just a few that you’ll get at no extra cost:
- Word: The ultimate word-processing tool has upped it games with the latest Microsoft 365 release. Improve your text-based documents with improved editing tools, great formatting options, and a huge selection of fonts.
- Excel: It’s the most popular spreadsheet apps in the world, and a must-have for anyone looking to organize their data. From simple spreadsheets that can calculate sales numbers or list items in alphabetical order to advanced mathematical formulas, pivot tables, and compatibility with SQL software, Excel can help save you time and money when used correctly.
Is PowerPoint free?
While they no longer have a free desktop app for PowerPoint, if you follow the instructions above, I’ll show you how to download it, and the entire Microsoft 365 bundle free for 30 days.
Is PowerPoint safe to download?
I downloaded the complete Microsoft 365 app suite and tested it on VirusTotal, and it was completely clean. There were no malware, viruses, spyware, or bloatware. It is important to avoid “free” or pirated versions, as these often have malware injected into them
How do I cancel my PowerPoint/ Microsoft 365 subscription?
You can cancel your Microsoft subscription by logging on to your account and turn off the recurring payments. Your account will stay active until the current billing cycle is complete.Read More