Download Private Internet Access (PIA) (Newest Version) For Desktop and MobileLast Updated by Kate Hawkins on September 02, 2019
A ton of features for just a few dollars a month — Private Internet Access (PIA) gives you an anonymous VPN service designed for both novice and experienced users. Setup takes less than 5 minutes and its intuitive interface makes using this VPN super easy.
If you’re looking for a VPN for streaming or torrenting, you’ll need a service with unlimited bandwidth. PIA guarantees zero usage restrictions, so there’s nothing standing in the way of you and your favorite content. From Windows to Android to iOS, PIA’s broad platform compatibility means that you can protect all of your different devices with a single VPN.
What Makes Private Internet Access a Great VPN Choice?
PIA utilizes several layers of security technology to keep your data safe. Using an IP cloak and high-quality encryption based on the Blowfish CBC algorithm, this cryptographically secure VPN keeps you hidden.
Over 3300 servers in 52 locations in 32 countries give you unrestricted access to the global internet. This freedom means you can stream your favorite movies, shows, and live events from anywhere.
Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN supports a range of platforms, ensuring security for all of your devices. An automatic kill switch heightens your connection safety, protecting you should the connection drop at any time. PIA’s support site is full of helpful guides and troubleshooting advice. Users have the option to live chat with technicians or submit an email ticket for questions.
Some of PIA’s most notable features are:
- 3300+ servers in 32 countries
- Up to 10 devices connected at the same time
- Blocks malware, pop-up ads, and malicious trackers
- Unlimited bandwidth and zero-log policies
- Access to a SOCKS5 proxy for reliable connections, better P2P, and to bypass internet blocks
- OpenVPN options for users to make informed encryption decisions
- 7-day money-back guarantee
Before You Download Private Internet Access
PIA has support options available for a variety of platforms, from Windows to macOS, mobile devices and browser extensions.
Before downloading the correct version for your device, you will need a subscription to PIA’s VPN service.
- Visit PIA’s website.
- Choose your subscription option. There are options for monthly, 6-monthly, and yearly subscriptions.
- Choose your payment method. PIA supports credit and debit cards, gift cards from various retailers, and cryptocurrency as forms of payment.
- Receive your account information via email.
Installing Private Internet Access on Windows
The PIA app is available for download directly from the website. It supports both Windows 32-bit and 64-bit and works with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Visit the PIA website.
- Choose the correct PIA installer for your Windows device, either 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Once the installer has finished downloading, select “Open” to run it.
- Your Windows device will give you a security prompt to allow the installer to make changes — click “Yes”.
- Once Windows has permission, the PIA app will begin the installation.
- After the installation has occurred, you will be taken to the login page and prompted to enter your username and password.
- When you log in to the app, your details will be saved. You can begin using the VPN.
Installing Private Internet Access on Mac
You are able to download the PIA app directly from the website. For macOS, the PIA app only supports the 64-bit version and will run on OS 10.12 or higher.
- Visit the PIA website and download the macOS PIA installer.
- Double click the .zip file to extract the PIA installer. Double click the installer.
- macOS will give you a security prompt to install the app. Click “Open”.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple Admin username and password—do not enter your PIA username and password here.
- The app will install. On completion, you will be taken to the log in window. Here, use your PIA username and password to log into the app.
- Begin using PIA’s VPN service.
Installing Private Internet Access on Android
The PIA app must be downloaded from the Google Play Store. The PIA app for Android requires Android 4.1 or higher to run.
- Visit the PIA application page on the Google Play Store and click “Install”.
- You will be prompted to allow PIA to access several standard services on your Android device. This is to ensure the application operates as intended.
- The PIA app will install.
- On completion, tap “Open” on the Play Store page or tap the PIA icon on your device.
- You will be asked to enter your PIA username and password on the login window.
- The PIA app will ask for permission to access your VPN configurations. Tap “OK”.
- The Android OS will then ask for confirmation that you allow the PIA app to access VPN configurations. Tap “OK”.
- Start using the VPN service.
Installing Private Internet Access on iPhone
For iPhone, the PIA app must be downloaded from the Apple App Store. To operate, the PIA app requires iOS 9 on 64-bit or newer.
- Open the Apple App Store and visit the PIA app page.
- Tap “Get” and then “Open” once the installation has completed.
- The PIA app will ask for permission to send notifications. Tap “Allow”.
- Select “Login” and enter your username and password.
- The PIA app will ask for permission to access your VPN profiles. Tap “OK”.
- Your iPhone OS will ask for permission to allow the app to add VPN configurations. Tap “Allow”.
- You will be prompted to enter your iPhone password for admin rights.
- A notice will appear informing you of MACE being replaced by the Safari Content Blocker. Tap “OK”.
- You can begin using PIA’s VPN service.