5 Best VPNs for Pakistan (Updated with Local Servers in 2021)Last Updated by Chase Williams on March 01, 2021
Warning! If you travel outside Pakistan, you won’t be able to access many of your favorite local websites. Advanced geo-blocking makes accessing mjunoon.tv, some banks, and other content near impossible.
A VPN can help change your IP address to make it seem like you’re browsing from Pakistan. By connecting to a Pakistan VPN server, you’ll be able to stream the Cricket World Cup, catch up on news on Samaa TV, or shop online at Daraz from anywhere in the world.
If you’re living in Pakistan, a VPN also protects you from the country’s internet surveillance laws. The strict rules mean that you could face serious charges (even the death penalty) for posting something online that the government doesn’t agree with. Personally, I hate the idea of anyone being able to track my personal information, so I recommend using a reliable VPN (like ExpressVPN) to keep your online activities private.
Be careful when choosing a VPN – not all of them work in Pakistan and there are many who will track or sell your personal data to third-parties. This puts you in danger of having your information exposed to the authorities or hackers. To save you time, I tested dozens of premium VPNs to find the top 5 VPNs that are safe and reliable to use in Pakistan.
3 Easy Steps to Get a Pakistani IP Address
- Choose a VPN with Pakistani servers. I recommend ExpressVPN for a stable connection and ultra-quick load speeds.
- Download and launch your VPN.
- Connect to a Pakistani server and browse just like you’re in Pakistan!
Tip — How to Check Your IP Address
It’s important to make sure your real IP address is hidden from websites and hackers. Make sure your VPN is working by using our free IP Address Tool and confirm you’re connected to a Pakistan server.
5 Best VPNs for Pakistan
- 3000+ servers globally, 1 server in Pakistan
- Military-grade encryption and first-class security features
- Strict zero-logs policy
- Unlimited bandwidth offers fast speeds
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- Easy torrenting
ExpressVPN has lightning-fast speeds despite only having 1 Pakistan server. While testing this local server, I was able to stream live cricket matches without lag. I also tested other VPNs with more local servers assuming that they would be faster — but they all failed to beat ExpressVPN’s consistently fast speeds.
On top of having fast connections, ExpressVPN also allows you to access geo-restricted content easily. I connected to ExpressVPN’s Pakistan server from the UK and was able to stream the latest episodes of Malaal E Yaar on Youtube with minimal buffering. I could also watch episodes of Stranger Things on US Netflix in HD without lag. With servers in 94 countries, you won’t face issues accessing global or local content.
Without a secure VPN, Pakistan’s internet authorities can spy on everything you do online — even if you’re in a private browsing mode. ExpressVPN includes high-quality, military-grade security features, (like AES 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy) to keep your identity and browsing history completely invisible. Even if the connection fails, a kill-switch feature is immediately activated, so you’re never at risk of leaking your data.
Not all VPN companies do what they advertise, but ExpressVPN is committed to keeping your data completely private. The company doesn’t keep any activity or connection logs, and their Trusted Server technology erases their servers on every restart, so your data never has a chance to be compromised. In fact, ExpressVPN even hired an independent audit — and proved their security features were as good as they say.
The only way to find out if a VPN is right for you is to test it yourself. You can try ExpressVPN out completely free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. If you decide you don’t like it, you can contact customer support and get your money back — no questions asked. I tested this myself and had a refund in my bank account within 4 days.
- ExpressVPN unblocks: PTV Sports, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Go
- ExpressVPN works on: Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, and Linux
- 10 servers in Pakistan, the most of all the VPNs tested
- AES 256-bit encryption
- No-logs policy keeps your data safe
- High speed with servers optimized for streaming and torrenting
- Runs on 7 devices simultaneously
- Torrent support
CyberGhost gives you a choice of 10 Pakistani servers to connect to, the most of all the VPNs I tested. It’s always useful to have a range of servers to select from, so you can choose the fastest one on a particular day. Connecting to each server was quick and easy, but I did find ExpressVPN’s single server to have faster speeds than CyberGhost. While I could easily watch a cricket match when connected to CyberGhost, I found it had a little lag.
One useful CyberGhost feature is servers optimized for streaming. These let you easily choose the perfect server to stream a different country’s Netflix library, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video. Just a few clicks in the “For Streaming” category reveals the best server for unblocking your favorite streaming service. This is ideal if you want to access content from around the world.
When it comes to security, CyberGhost keeps your data safe and hidden away from prying eyes with 256-bit AES encryption and a strict no-logs policy. Its headquarters are in Romania, so you’re out of sight from the 5/9/14 eyes countries. And, with 7 simultaneous connections you can remain safe across all your devices.
CyberGhost has one of the longest money-back guarantees I’ve found — 45 days. That’s perfect because it means you can properly try CyberGhost and test all its features completely risk free.
- CyberGhost unblocks: PTV Sports, YouTube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- CyberGhost works on: Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, and Linux
- 1 dedicated server in Pakistan
- Military-grade 256-bit AES encryption
- No-logs policy
- Ultra-fast speeds for streaming and torrenting
- Up to 5 simultaneous device connections
- Torrent support
Hotspot Shield has only one server in Pakistan, but it’s the fastest on my list. I found it easy to stay up to date with dramas on Samaa TV. Their data compression technology let me stream to the UK with almost no lag, while other VPNs slow down over such large distances.
As a traveler, I really liked the WiFi protection feature. Connecting to open WiFi networks, like in a hotel or cafe, can leave your data vulnerable to hackers. Hotspot Shield detects if you connect to an unsecured WiFi network and activates the VPN, keeping your data safe.
My biggest concern with Hotspot Shield is that they’re headquartered in the US. Privacy is always my top priority when choosing a VPN. But this VPN has to gather your personal information to comply with US internet surveillance laws.
Unlike other VPNs, Hotspot Shield does offer a free version — but I wouldn’t recommend it. The security features are the same as the paid version, but you’re limited to 500MB per day. Instead, take advantage of their 45-day money-back guarantee and browse freely.
- Hotspot Shield VPN unblocks: Netflix, YouTube, PTV Sports, Hulu, and BBC Player
- Hotspot Shield works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
- 2 servers in Pakistan
- Data kept safe with military-grade encryption and IP shuffling
- Quality no-logs policy
- Quick speeds for browsing, streaming and torrenting
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- Torrent support
HMA VPN not only has two servers in Pakistan, but over 1000 in 190 countries worldwide. That’s the most in all VPNs I’ve tested, giving you more options to connect and access content around the world.
Additionally, privacy is taken seriously by HMA, with easy to use security features like IP shuffling. This changes your IP address constantly, keeping your online activity safe from tracking and surveillance.
It’s worth noting that the company is located in the UK, so it’s subject to UK internet surveillance laws. But the company is transparent about this: while they’re legally required to log the IP address they give you, they also delete it after three months.
HMA offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it’s not as flexible as others on this list. You’re limited to 10GB of bandwidth and less than 100 sessions, so you have to watch your usage a little more than you would prefer. However, it shouldn’t be an issue unless you’re doing some heavy torrenting.
- HMA VPN unblocks: Netflix, YouTube, PTV Sports, and BBC Player
- HMA VPN works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux
- 1 server location in Pakistan, directly owned by VyprVPN
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption and VyprDNS leak protection
- Switzerland-based with strict no-logs policy
- Fast speeds for streaming and torrenting
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- Torrent support
VyprVPN’s dedicated Pakistani server was easily able to unblock streaming services in Pakistan. With a few clicks I was streaming PTV Sports and HUM TV with no buffering or lag.
Meanwhile, their auto connect feature makes sure you’re always protected. That’s perfect for those times you forget to turn on your VPN (we’ve all done it).
Where a VPN company is headquartered makes a big difference to the privacy laws they follow. VyprVPN is based in privacy-conscious Switzerland, so Swiss laws protect your data.
These features come at a price though, and it’s a little higher than other premium VPNs. Take full advantage of their 30-day money-back guarantee to make sure it’s right for you.
- VyprVPN unblocks: PTV Sports, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and BBC Player
- VyprVPN works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux
Why You Need a Pakistan IP Address
- Stream Pakistani content while abroad using local streaming services like PTV, Samaa TV, iFlix, Starz Play or mjunoon.tv.
- Watch local sporting events, like the Cricket World Cup, on PTV Sports or Star Sports 3.
- Keep access to your online banking with many large Pakistani banks, like MCB Bank and the National Bank of Pakistan blocking access from certain parts of the world
How to Choose the Best VPN for Pakistan
With so many products on the VPN market it can be hard to know you’re making the right decision. I chose my top 5 VPNs for Pakistan using the following criteria:
- Choice of servers: I struggled to find VPNs with Pakistani IP addresses. Make sure whichever VPN you choose has at least one server in Pakistan.
- Quick speeds: You don’t want to be stuck waiting for the latest Pakistani drama or cricket match to buffer. Choose a VPN with consistently fast speeds, like ExpressVPN.
- Strict security: Guarding your online data while still being able to access your Pakistani bank isn’t something every VPN can do. Make sure your VPN has high-tech encryption and security features to keep your data safe.
- Able to pass geo-blocks: If you want to access popular streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+ your VPN has to be able to get around geo-blocking without being detected.
- Zero-logs policies: If your VPN is logging your data your privacy is at risk. Choose a VPN that doesn’t keep any logs of your user data — or your personal information could be sold for profit.
- DNS leak protection: When you try to get around geo-blocks, a DNS leak could reveal your IP address. Make sure your VPN is working properly by doing a DNS leak test.
How a VPN Gets You a Pakistan IP Address
When you browse the web you leave a trail of activity and data. Websites can easily see your location and block you from accessing their content. Meanwhile, internet providers and governments can track everything you do on the web.
But a VPN gives you a virtual disguise when you’re online. It creates a secure connection between your device and another service, giving you a brand new IP address in the country of your choice. If you connect to a server in Pakistan, you’ll have a local IP address.
That means that with a good VPN you can connect to a Pakistani server and browse just like you’re in Pakistan. Accessing Pakistani websites, streaming services, or online banking is easy — and undetectable.
To make sure you choose a VPN that is untraceable I recommend a premium choice, like ExpressVPN.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Get a Pakistan IP Address?
I tried really hard to find a free VPN to get a Pakistani IP address so I could test it. After searching for hours I couldn’t find a free, trustworthy VPN with a Pakistani server.
You still have options though. All of my top 5 choices above include options with a money-back guarantee. If you’re not ready to pay for a premium VPN, these can get you by in the meantime. These VPNs are also more reliable, faster, and far more secure than free VPNs typically are, so you’ll have a far better experience.
How to Save on VPNs for Pakistan
While VPNs offer lots of benefits for users, the initial cost can be a surprise, and a deterrent.
I love to find bargains, so I’ve hunted down these great savings to help you get the best price on a premium VPN. And, if you’re not ready to commit, I encourage you to take full advantage of the money-back guarantees.
Take advantage of more savings on your VPN!