How to Safely Install Exodus for Kodi on Any Device (in 2023)
Exodus isn’t an official Kodi add-on, so downloading it to your Kodi compatible devices is potentially risky — the zip file download is vulnerable to third-party attack, which could expose your data. As an unofficial add-on, you may also accidentally stream copyright-protected content. If this activity is traced back to you, you could face penalties.
Fortunately, you can safely download and stream on Exodus by using a top-tier VPN. The encrypted connection protects your personal data and masks your IP address, making your online activity anonymous when streaming.
I tested 30+ services and found ExpressVPN is the best choice for Exodus. Its fast speeds are ideal for quick downloads and streaming, and top-tier security protects your data. You can use ExpressVPN with Exodus risk-free and get a full refund if you’re not satisfied.
Important: Exodus Redux is the add-on featured in this guide, which isn’t the original Exodus add-on. Exodus Redux is an upgraded and improved version that provides better features and content.
As an unofficial add-on, you may find some content on Exodus Redux is pirated. My team and I don’t condone streaming pirated content or using a VPN to commit illegal activities. Please ensure you only stream public domain content, or use an official Kodi add-on instead.
Quick Guide: How to Install Exodus on Kodi in 3 Easy Steps
- Get a secure and fast VPN. For safe and anonymous connections, plus blazing-fast speeds for downloads and streaming, I recommend you try ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a server and install the Exodus Repository. Then you can safely switch on “Unknown Sources” in Kodi and install Exodus from the zip file.
- Start streaming on Exodus! Stay connected to your VPN when streaming to ensure your connections are always secure.
Why You Need a VPN to Safely Install Exodus on Kodi
Exodus is a third-party add-on, meaning it isn’t verified or endorsed by Kodi. You won’t find it in the Kodi repository and will have to download it from a separate source as a zip file. This means Exodus is vulnerable to being compromised by malicious software hidden in its zip file, which could then be passed to you on download.
A lot of content on Exodus is pirated from unknown sources, which can expose your data to hackers and spies. Worse still, this can even lead you to prosecution if your ISP detects accidental streaming of copyrighted content. My team and I don’t condone illegal pirating, but it could happen with an accidental misclick on Exodus’ content.
Fortunately, using one of the top VPNs in 2023 protects you from third-party spies and copyright trolls. A VPN securely encrypts your connection so no one can see what you’re doing online. Your activity is anonymous, your data is protected, and you can safely download Exodus and start streaming without issue.
It’s important to use a premium service like ExpressVPN with Exodus and Kodi. Not all VPNs have the security and privacy features necessary to keep your connections anonymous, or fast speeds for quick downloads and lag-free streaming. With ExpressVPN, you can rest assured your data is always secured.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Install Exodus on Kodi
Important: Exodus Redux only works with Kodi versions 18 and lower. Kodi v.19 (Matrix) and v.20 (Nexus) are not compatible with the Exodus Redux add-on.
Installing Exodus on Kodi is simple, taking just a few steps before you’re ready to start streaming securely. I used a Windows PC with Kodi v.18, but the steps to follow are virtually identical whether you’re using a PC, Firestick, streaming box, or other Kodi compatible device.
Get a VPN and connect to a server
Download and install a high-quality VPN to your device. For the best download and streaming speeds, plus top-tier security and privacy features, ExpressVPN is the top choice for downloading Exodus on Kodi.
Once you’ve downloaded the VPN and signed in, connect to a server. This will ensure you have a secure connection to the internet while downloading and installing Exodus.
Enable add-ons from Unknown Sources
Next, allow Kodi to download add-ons from sources other than the official Kodi repository. Open Kodi and click the cog icon to access the “System” settings menu.
Click the “System” icon and in the “Add-ons” section, toggle on access for the “Unknown sources” option.
Add the Exodus Redux file source
Go back to the “System” menu and select the “File Manager” option. Double-click “Add Source,” which will open a pop-up box. Click the “” option to enter your own source, then type or copy and paste this URL: https://i-a-c.github.io. Make sure you enter the URL exactly to avoid connection errors.
Rename and save the file
Where it says “Enter a name for this media source,” I recommend you enter a name like “Exodus.” This will make it easier to locate the zip file when you’re ready to install.
Click “OK” and you’ll see “Exodus” (or whatever you’ve chosen to name the file) is available in the File Manager. Exit the File Manager and return to the Kodi “Systems” screen.
Install the Exodus Repository
Choose the “Add-ons” menu option and click “Install from zip file.” You’ll get a warning about add-ons from unknown sources not auto-updating — click “Yes” to proceed. In the pop-up box, choose “Exodus” to install the repository.
Select the item that reads “repository.exodusredux-0.0.8.zip” and when it’s highlighted, press “OK.” You’ll get a pop-up message letting you know the zip file has been installed.
Install the Exodus add-on
Stay on the “Add-ons” Kodi menu, and click “Install from repository.” You’ll be taken to a list of all available repositories — scroll down to find “Exodus Redux Repo” and click it. Then choose “Video add-ons” and select “Exodus Redux.”
Start add-on installation
With the “Exodus Redux Repo” open, select “Video add-ons” and choose “Exodus Redux.” In the bottom-right corner, you’ll see an option marked “Install.”
After clicking, you’ll shortly get a pop-up message letting you know the installation is complete. You’re free to start streaming content using Exodus Redux — make sure you stay connected to your VPN to ensure smooth, secure streaming.
Best VPNs to Safely Install Exodus on Kodi in 2023
- 3,000+ servers in 94 locations for fast local connections worldwide
- Superfast speeds across its global network for smooth downloads and streaming
- AES-256-bit encryption, server obfuscation, leak protection, and zero-log policy
- Supports up to 8 connections at the same time
- 24/7 live chat, email support, and online FAQs and setup guides
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN’s superfast speeds make it the ideal VPN for downloading Exodus on Kodi. During tests, I used ExpressVPN’s Lightway protocol and had a tiny speed reduction of just 18% — more than fast enough for downloading Exodus without lag. It took just a few seconds for me to download Exodus, so I could start streaming within a couple of minutes.
Alongside blazing-fast speeds, ExpressVPN provides top-tier security and privacy features on every connection, designed to keep your personal data and online activity safe. These features include:
- AES-256-bit encryption — top-tier encryption keeps all data within a secure tunnel, ensuring no third parties can see what you’re doing online.
- Data leak protection — stops DNS, WebRTC, and IP leaks from exposing your data, making you vulnerable to hackers and spies.
- Server obfuscation — masks your VPN traffic to look like regular traffic, letting you avoid proxy detection that may stop you from accessing Kodi.
- Split tunneling — configurable with Kodi to make sure ExpressVPN always connects when you start the app, guaranteeing constant security.
I was pleased to find ExpressVPN has native app support for many popular devices. The VPN’s 1-click connections ensure easy access to Exodus and Kodi from any device. ExpressVPN is a top choice for smart TVs, Amazon Fire devices, and routers. Best of all, it didn’t take more than 5 minutes to set up ExpressVPN on any of my devices.
While ExpressVPN is a little more expensive than other VPNs, I think it’s worth the additional cost for fast download and streaming speeds and premium security features. Plus, there’s often a deal available to get ExpressVPN for the best price; currently, plans start at $6.67/month, which is a huge discount of 49% from its usual prices.
You can try ExpressVPN for yourself risk-free, as the VPN is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can make your purchase with confidence, and get a full refund if you’re not satisfied. I used the 24/7 live chat and an agent arranged my refund in less than 5 minutes. My money was back in my account within 5 days.
ExpressVPN also unblocks: The Crew, EzzerMacs, Diamond Wizard, TVAddons.co, Narcacist, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Paramount+, Peacock, Discovery+, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, BritBox, Starz, Crunchyroll, fuboTV, Sling TV, DirecTV, YouTube TV, and more.
ExpressVPN works on: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Chromebook, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Nvidia Shield, Xiaomi Mi Box, Google Chromecast, Roku, Android TVs, smart TVs, routers, and more.
2023 Update! ExpressVPN has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $6.67 per month for the 1-year plan (you can save up to 49%) + 3 months free! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 9,600+ servers in 91 locations makes connecting to Kodi simple
- Easy-to-navigate apps are a top choice for beginner VPN users
- Military-grade encryption, leak protection, and zero-log policy
- Connect 7 devices at the same time
- 24/7 live chat, email ticketing, and online support site
- 45-day money-back guarantee
CyberGhost’s easy-to-use apps make it simple to connect to a server and securely download Exodus. The VPN’s apps are identical across supported devices, so it’s easy to switch from your Windows PC to your Amazon Fire Stick. Plus, I found CyberGhost’s 1-click connections are ideal for getting a fast, secure connection in my chosen location.
To ensure you can make secure and private connections to Kodi when downloading Exodus, CyberGhost has a variety of top-tier features to protect your data. These include:
- Military-grade encryption — AES-256-bit encryption keeps all data and activity secure from hackers, spies, and even your ISP.
- Automatic kill switch — cuts access to the internet if the VPN connection is interrupted to maintain your data security.
- Data leak protection — stops DNS and IP leaks from exposing your true location, making your activity traceable when streaming on Exodus and Kodi.
- WiFi Protection — automatically secures your connection when using public WiFi so you’re always protected, even on unsecure networks.
- Zero-log policy — a third-party audit confirms CyberGhost never logs or stores your data while you’re connected to its servers.
I ran multiple speed tests to ensure these high-level features wouldn’t slow my connection and found CyberGhost is reliably fast on local servers. On average, CyberGhost reduced my speed by 24% which was still fast enough for smooth, lag-free downloads and streaming on Exodus and using Kodi.
However, CyberGhost’s servers gave me significant speed drops over long-distance connections. While this is typical for a VPN (physical distance almost always causes speed loss), I was disappointed that servers more than 9,000km away reduced speeds by around 45%. I suggest using local servers and the WireGuard protocol for the best performance.
If you’d like to try CyberGhost with Exodus and Kodi, you’ll find it’s an affordable option, especially for its long-term plans. Prices start at $2.19/month for a 2-year + 2 months subscription. Plus, long-term plans feature a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Should you change your mind about subscribing, getting a refund is easy. I contacted CyberGhost’s 24/7 live chat and an agent processed my refund request without any questions. The chat took less than 5 minutes, and I had my money back within a week.
CyberGhost also unblocks: The Crew, EzzerMacs, Diamond Wizard, TVAddons.co, Narcacist, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Paramount+, Peacock, Discovery+, BBC iPlayer, Canal+, Globo, Crunchyroll, Yle, Foxtel, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and more.
CyberGhost works on: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi, Chrome, Firefox, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku, smart TVs, routers, and more.
2023 Update! You can subscribe to CyberGhost for as low as $2.19 per month + get extra 2 months free with the 2-year plan (save up to 83%)! This is a limited offer so grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
3. Private Internet Access — Enormous Server Network Gives Speedy Connections for Downloading Exodus
- Huge network of 35,000+ servers in 84 locations
- Easy-to-navigate apps are a top choice for beginner VPN users
- AES-256-bit encryption, data leak protection, and zero-log policy
- Secures unlimited devices simultaneously
- 24/7 live chat, email support, and online help website
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Private Internet Access (PIA) has a huge server network for easy access to Exodus on Kodi. With more than 35,000 servers worldwide, you can quickly find a local server to ensure you have reliably fast connection speeds. During my tests, it took less than 5 seconds to establish a nearby connection, and I didn’t experience lag or server congestion.
My speed tests results show PIA is fast on nearby connections, with a more significant slowdown over long distances. My average speed reduction was 30%, which meant I could download Exodus and start streaming with minimal buffering. To keep speeds as fast as possible, I recommend choosing the physically closest server in your chosen location.
If your speeds are very slow, you can give your connection a boost with PIA’s customizable encryption. By reducing encryption from AES-256-bit to AES-128-bit, you can increase speeds without compromising on security. I tested this with the OpenVPN protocol, and I found that my speeds improved by at least 10Mbps on multiple servers.
As well as customizable encryption, PIA also has the following security and privacy features for anonymous connections to Exodus:
- Data leak protection — stops accidental DNS, IP, and WebRTC leaks to keep your personal data secure at all times.
- MACE ad and malware blocker — blocks ads, trackers, and malicious software downloads — especially useful when accessing unofficial Kodi add-ons like Exodus.
- Split tunneling — use with Kodi to ensure you’re always connected to a secure server before you start streaming on Exodus.
My only issue with PIA is that it could be overwhelming for beginner VPN users. There are a lot of configurable options and menus, which might be daunting for someone unfamiliar with VPNs. But its automatic settings are already pre-configured, so you don’t have to change them and you can start using PIA in one click.
However, PIA is also a very affordable VPN (it’s one of the best monthly subscription VPNs in 2023) so it’s worth a try to see if it’s right for you. If you change your mind, you can get a full refund within 30 days of purchase. I contacted the 24/7 live chat to request a refund and, once I confirmed I wanted to cancel, had my money back within a week.
PIA also unblocks: The Crew, EzzerMacs, Diamond Wizard, TVAddons.co, Narcacist, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Discovery+, Canal+, Crunchyroll, Yle, Vudu, UKTV, 9Now, CBC, YouTube TV, and more.
PIA works on: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, PlayStation, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, smart TVs, routers, and more.
2023 Update! You can subscribe to PIA for as low as $2.19 per month + get extra 2 months free with the 2-year plan (save up to 82%)! This is a limited offer so grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here!
FAQs on Installing the Exodus Kodi Add-On
Is Exodus on Kodi legal and safe?
Exodus is legal, but not always safe. As a third-party add-on, Exodus is vulnerable to malware, ads, and trackers, which could compromise your security. This is why it’s essential to connect to a premium VPN before downloading the add-on. The encrypted connection will keep your personal data safe from hackers and spies.
Exodus can also sometimes host pirated content, and streaming pirated content is illegal. As it’s not possible to filter out illegal content, you must exercise strict caution when choosing what to stream on Exodus. Make sure you only access content you know to be in the public domain.
Does the Exodus Kodi add-on work on Firestick?
How can I install Exodus V8?
What are safe alternatives to Exodus?
There are plenty of official Kodi add-ons that are free to use and have been verified. Even so, I suggest you always connect to a reliable VPN service before downloading any Kodi add-ons to ensure you’re safe from malicious third-parties or from accidentally accessing copyrighted content.
The best official Kodi add-ons include:
|Netflix US, UK, and more||YouTube||Disney+||iPlayer WWW|
|Crackle||Tubi TV||Catch-up TV||Pluto TV|
|Charge! TV||DailyMotion.com||Plex||…and more!|
Can I install Exodus on Android phone & Android TV, Fire Stick, Windows, or Mi Box?
Can I install Exodus using the Git browser?
Yes, you can install Exodus if you already have the Git browser installed on Kodi. I recommend you connect to a VPN server before installing the Exodus Redux repository through the Git browser as this will protect your data and activity.
- Open Kodi and access the Git browser. This will most likely be through the Indigo add-on.
- Click “Search by GitHub Username.”
- In “New Search,” enter I-A-C as the username and click “OK.”
- Find and click on the zip file “repository.exodusredux-0.0.1.zip.” Confirm the installation.
- When installation has finished, click “Continue” and then return to the Kodi home screen.
- Visit the Kodi “Add-Ons” section and open the options by clicking the box icon.
- Choose “Install from repository” and then “Exodus Redux repo.”
- In “Video add-ons” select “Exodus Redux” and install. Wait for the installation confirmation pop-up to appear.
- That’s it! You’re ready to start streaming on Exodus.
Will a VPN slow down my speeds on Kodi?
Yes, but only a little. It’s inevitable that using a VPN connection will slow your network speeds. Make sure you use a top-tier VPN with superfast connection speeds to avoid any significant slowdown when streaming on Kodi.
As premium VPNs can mitigate the slowdown caused by layers of encryption and security, this will ensure that any speed loss is minimal. A service like ExpressVPN provides blazing-fast speeds across its global network, so you can stream on Kodi anywhere without lag or buffering.
What can I do if Exodus isn’t working?
If Exodus isn’t working, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue you’re having. Make sure you connect to a VPN before you start using Exodus, as your ISP may block access to the add-on (due to it potentially linking to copyrighted content). If that doesn’t work, try the following:
- Check your date and time settings — if there is a discrepancy between your device and Kodi, this may stop Kodi and Exodus from working properly.
- Restart Kodi — sometimes, all it takes to correct the issue is completely closing the program and starting it up again.
- Update Exodus — head to Kodi “Settings” and “Add-On,” then click “Update” to check for any new downloads or patches for Exodus.
- Clear the Exodus cache — click “Tools” and then “Exodus Redux: Clear Cache” — this can help stop lag and buffering when you’re trying to stream.
- Reinstall Kodi — a clean reinstall will almost definitely fix issues you’re having with Exodus.
Can I use a free VPN to get Exodus with Kodi?
Yes, but I don’t recommend it. As an unofficial add-on, Exodus is vulnerable to dangerous third-party attacks. It’s important to use a top-tier VPN with quality security and privacy features to protect your connections. Most free VPNs simply don’t have the resources to provide you with the best protection.
While there are some safe and reliable free VPNs, these don’t have the top speeds or server locations to ensure smooth, lag-free Exodus downloads. Shady free VPNs may promise quick and easy connections with Kodi, but these services often log and store your data to sell to third-party marketers — or worse, inject malware into your devices. It’s better to keep yourself safe and use a recommended top VPN instead, such as the ones listed in this article.
Safely Install Exodus on Kodi Today
The safest way to install Exodus on Kodi is with a top-tier VPN. Without the encryption of a VPN connection, you can expose your data to hackers and spies. Plus, you could be at risk of having your IP address tracked if you accidentally stream copyrighted content. Fortunately, using a high-quality VPN keeps your data secure and anonymous.
ExpressVPN is the top choice for Exodus and Kodi. Its premium security and privacy features guarantee your data is always protected, and blazing-fast speeds ensure quick downloads and lag-free streaming.
If you’d like to try ExpressVPN with Exodus, you can do so risk-free. ExpressVPN is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can purchase a subscription with confidence. If you’re not satisfied, simply contact customer service to arrange a refund with no questions asked.