How To Get A Turkish IP Address In 2 Easy StepsLast Updated by Mackenzie Pringle on June 28, 2019
If you’re a Turk living abroad or simply someone wanting to access Turkish websites, a Turkish IP Address is the solution to bypassing any geo-blocks standing in your way. An IP address will give you free entrance to any locally available site you want to visit and any video you want to stream. With a VPN you’ll be able to do all this safely and securely.
The process is far more straightforward than it may seem. It will only take just a few minutes if you follow these two easy steps to secure a Turkish IP address:
- Install a VPN
- Connect to a server in Turkey
The Benefits Of Using A Turkish IP Address
A Turkish IP address is also essential to gain access to bank accounts, credit cards, and similar services when outside of the country. While this is a considerable security measure, those traveling abroad who cannot access Turkish bank accounts will find a local IP address very beneficial.
In short, a Turkish IP address will make it appear as if you are actually in Turkey. This will take away any geo-blocks while you’re outside of the country and give you access to all the benefits of home.
Why Use A VPN?
There are other methods to get an IP address in Turkey; however, VPNs are the best option when it comes to security and reliability. Even though the Turkish government bans VPNs, it is safe to use them outside of the country’s borders.
Other ways of getting an IP address have many shortcomings when compared to a VPN. Free proxies can be slow and have long lag times for accessing websites. They also frequently give users viruses and malware. Not to mention, free proxy services are illegal in Turkey too, and the government can record your data and track down your identity much easier than with a VPN.
If you’re in Turkey and just hunting for some privacy, a successful VPN can also give you unrestricted access to the internet, regardless of the censorship blocks in place. It’s also essential to keep security and privacy as top priorities as you won’t want the government and ISPs to be able to trace the IP address back to you. A VPN will protect all your personal information and can reliably encrypt data so that the location and identity of a user cannot be reached.
Turkey takes censorship of information very seriously on the internet. The government and internet service providers (ISPs) control what users can access from inside and outside the country. A lot of content on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram is blocked, as well as on services such as Wikipedia. The censorship laws become a real issue for locals and foreigners alike. However, another major bonus of installing a VPN, aside from gaining a Turkish IP address, is that you’ll be able to connect to other IP addresses all over the globe and subsequently gain access to censored web content.
How To Make Sure Your Turkey IP Address Is Secured
It’s a good idea to test that the IP address your using can successfully spoof your location and make it look like you are in Turkey. Sometimes a server connection failure will not hide your real IP address and your actual location, or even a completely different location will be shown. To check the server connection is working, it’s best to use an IP leak test.
The WizCase IP checker will instantly find any problems and tell if the connection is unsuccessful. If a problem is identified, switch to a new server or reinstall the VPN app. You can also contact the support team of the VPN to assist you.
Most users will not run into problems like this, but it’s a smart idea to check that the server connection is working correctly, the IP isn’t leaked, and that your location is set to where its meant to be.
What Features To Look For In A Turkish VPN
- Servers in Turkey – Be sure to double check that the VPN has server location in Turkey. There can be issues that arise with server connections, and some VPNs will not give refunds solely on the fact that they lack the correct server locations for your needs.
- Reliable security – This is a priority, especially when it comes to countries like Turkey that have censorship laws and tight restrictions on internet usage. You also want to avoid any government agencies or internet service providers from discovering your location and seeing what websites you’re accessing. A VPN with military-grade encryption ensures this will not happen.
- Privacy policies – We advise that you only use VPNs that safeguard your privacy. A zero-logging policy is essential and keep an eye out for any other measures that may help protect your privacy. It’s vital that your information and data is not shared with third parties, as this can lead to government agencies or ISPs tracing your identity.
- Service support – A VPN that offers effective service support will be far easier to use and be a more reliable option for a VPN. Look for money-back guarantees for new users so that you can test the server connections and know the VPN you’re using can be trusted. If 24/7 support is provided, that’s also very beneficial if you’re new to using VPNs and spoofing your IP address as you could potentially have a few problems while you get the hang of it.
Top 3 VPNs For A Turkish IP Address
1. ExpressVPN – Get Turkish IP address in seconds
- Over 3,000 servers in more than 94 countries
- Lightning-fast speeds
- Access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other streaming sites
No matter where you are located you can rely on fast connections and download speeds with ExpressVPN . They have built-in software that will ensure that you are connected to the fastest available server.
ExpressVPN does not let your privacy be comprised for the sake of fast connections though. You can trust that with their 256-bit AES encryption that your privacy will be protected. Their zero-logging policy ensures that users do not have to worry about their identity being uncovered. We also love their DNS and IP leak protection, automatic kill switch, and split tunneling features for that added layer of protection.
ExpressVPN is noted for having excellent access to Netflix and other streaming sites. You’re able to connect up to five devices simultaneously and it has dedicated apps for Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and some routers.
They also have commendable customer services with their 24/7 live chat support. The only downfall is their prices are more expensive, but it proves to be worth the extra cost because they are so reliable.
If you’re still unsure about the service, ExpressVPN does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee for all users.
2. NordVPN – 10 server location in Turkey
- More than 5,000 servers in over 60 countries
- Military-grade encryption
- User-friendly interface
The privacy features that NordVPN offers are the best on the market. The zero-logging policy ensures that the information and activity of its users are never filed or shared.
They also offer bonus features such as double encryption, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and anti-DDoS all for the protection of its users.
They have ten servers that run in Turkey, which makes it even easier to access websites from all regions. There is also a SmartPlay function which selects the best location servers for what you’re searching for.
They even have a money-back guarantee policy of 30 days allowing you to test the service out for yourself before committing to a subscription
3. Surfshark – 1 server location in Turkey
- Unique security features
- 800+ servers in 55 countries
- Unlimited devices
Surfshark is recommended for having high-speed connections, a secure network, and are generally reliable. They only have one server in Turkey, but there are still multiple IP addresses that users can use.
As a reasonably new VPN, they easily avoid all censorship. This makes them even more secure, which is a big bonus for users wanting to access restricted content.
But don’t take our word for it as they also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee for new users, giving you the chance to decide for yourself if it suits your needs.
With these simple tips, it’s easy to get a Turkish IP Address. Installing a VPN is the safest way to access any Turkish website you wish to.
You’ll have access to any content that is normally geo-blocked unless you’re in Turkey. Your identity, location, and data cannot be accessed when you use an IP address through a VPN, making it the safest way for you to view any internet content.