Can’t Access Vimeo in Indonesia? Here’s a Tested Fix (2023)
I find it very frustrating that I can’t access my Vimeo account while I’m in Indonesia due to the government’s crack-down on content. For example, Vimeo was blocked in Indonesia due to nudity and LGBTQ+ restrictions.
To enjoy the latest videos while traveling to Indonesia, you need a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN lets you access your Vimeo account from anywhere by sending your internet connection through secure servers in a country of your choice.
After testing over 30 of the top VPNs with Vimeo, ExpressVPN excelled due to its superfast speeds that let you stream Vimeo content with zero lag. Grab ExpressVPN risk-free since it has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied, you can get a full refund.
Quick Guide: Unblock Vimeo in Indonesia in 3 Simple Steps
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN, as its superfast speeds enable you to stream your favorite Vimeo videos without interruptions.
- Connect to a server of your choice. The best VPNs have servers around the globe, so choose any of the 60 countries that support Vimeo.
- Log in to Vimeo and start watching your favorite content. Sign in to watch short movies, music videos, animation, and sports from anywhere.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Vimeo in Indonesia?
You need a VPN to unblock Vimeo in Indonesia because it’s been banned by the Indonesian government. This is due to restrictions surrounding the content being promoted by some Vimeo users. For example, the promotion and consumption of content incorporating nudity is considered pornography in Indonesia — enabling the Indonesian government to enforce strict bans to comply with its anti-pornography laws.
Unfortunately, this ban instructs internet service providers (ISPs) like Biznet, Indihome, and First Media to block all access to Vimeo and other social media platforms including Tumblr and Reddit. Because of this, you’ll be unable to access your Vimeo account and watch your favorite content while traveling to Indonesia.
Hiding your IP address and location is essential when attempting to access Vimeo while in Indonesia, as this is the information ISPs use to decide which websites you can visit. Using one of the best VPNs in 2023 to connect to servers within the US, UK, and more is the only way to gain access to Vimeo in countries that censor online activity.
ExpressVPN is the best for unblocking Vimeo due to its high number of superfast servers worldwide that give you direct access to Vimeo without buffering or lag. Try ExpressVPN risk-free. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so, if you don’t like it for any reason, you’ll be able to claim a full refund.
The Best VPNs to Unblock Vimeo Indonesia in 2023
- Over 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including all 60 countries Vimeo is currently available
- Superfast speeds at over 75 Mbps ensure bufferless Vimeo streaming
- Connect and stream Vimeo in Indonesia on up to 5 devices simultaneously
- Access Vimeo on Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast
- 24/7 live chat and customer support team for instant help and solutions
- A 30-day money-back guarantee to try it out risk-free
ExpressVPN has superfast speeds, allowing you to watch Vimeo content in Indonesia without any buffering. I consistently had speeds of around 80 Mbps, which is more than enough for HD and even 4K Vimeo streaming (where this resolution is available). You can watch all your favorite Vimeo categories uninterrupted on ExpressVPNs fast servers.
Over 3000+ servers in 94 locations enable you to unblock Vimeo while in Indonesia using a server in a country of your choice. It has multiple options in all of the countries where Vimeo is available, including the US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, New Zealand, Singapore, and Japan. My team and I tested 600+ ExpressVPN servers and found it to be extremely reliable, with no error messages or stuttering that can happen due to overcrowded or unsecured servers.
Watch Vimeo on up to 5 devices simultaneously while in Indonesia using ExpressVPN. You probably won’t need this many, but it’s perfect for those traveling. Just install it on your laptop or tablet for when you’re relaxing in your hotel room and on your phone for when you’re using public transport. All the apps are straightforward and easy to use. I was impressed to find that ExpressVPN could unblock the following platforms in addition to Vimeo:
|Youtube TV||Netflix||Disney+||Hulu||HBO Max||Amazon Prime Video|
|Starz||Crunchyroll||fuboTV||Sling TV||Direct TV||Kodi|
If you want to watch Vimeo on the go, you’ll be able to keep your devices completely secure with ExpressVPN’s military-grade security features. Each server comes with 256-bit encryption which makes your data illegible to hackers, and a kill switch that cuts your internet if the VPN disconnects for any reason. This keeps your online activities safe from prying eyes, even while you’re using public WiFi.
Thanks to its own Lightway protocol, ExpressVPN gives you optimized performance and security while watching Vimeo in Indonesia. But these world-class features do come with a price, and ExpressVPN is quite expensive at $6.67/month. However, you get what you pay for. Plus, I found a great deal for you to get 49% off your ExpressVPN subscription.
You can download ExpressVPN risk-free as it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. To try this out, I requested a refund through its 24/7 live chat on the final day of the money-back guarantee. Within minutes I had received a response and the refund was processed almost immediately, with no questions asked. My money was back in my account 2 days later.
ExpressVPN works with: Windows, macOS, Linux, Chromebook, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Nvidia Shield, Xiaomi Mi Box, Kodi, Google Chromecast, Roku, Android TVs, smart TVs, routers, and more.
February 2023 Update! ExpressVPN has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $6.67 per month for the 1-year plan (you can save up to 49%) + 3 months free! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 9736+ servers in over 91 countries, including over 1,300 in the US
- Streaming-optimized servers for fast, bufferless streaming
- Watch Vimeo in Indonesia on up to 7 devices simultaneously
- Unblock Vimeo on Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and more
- 24/7 live chat and support page for immediate help
- A 45-day money-back guarantee to test it out in confidence
CyberGhost has multiple streaming-optimized servers that give fast, uninterrupted access to Vimeo. My team tested hundreds of CyberGhost servers, including many of its 1300+ US locations, and were blown away by its quick and reliable connections. You’ll be able to access Vimeo in a country of your choice from Indonesia in seconds.
You can enjoy hours of Vimeo content without any lag or buffering thanks to CyberGhost’s fast speeds. I had over 70 Mbps during my tests, which is way more than you need to watch HD Vimeo content without interruptions. You only need 15 Mbps for Ultra HD streaming, so CyberGhost’s quick servers give you plenty. You’ll have a good array of platforms to stream, since CyberGhost can access:
|Youtube TV||Youtube||Netflix||Disney+||Hulu||HBO Max|
|Amazon Prime Video||Paramount+||Peacock||Discovery+||BBC iPlayer||Canal+|
Unblock Vimeo on up to 7 devices simultaneously using CyberGhost. I successfully connected 5 devices, including my Windows laptop and Android smartphone and my friend’s iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Pro, and Macbook, so we could both keep our devices safe while we enjoyed Vimeo together.
The only minor con I found was that CyberGhost’s short-term plans are very expensive and only come with a 14-day money-back guarantee. However, its long-term plans are much cheaper at $2.19/month, which is a great price for a variety of features and direct access to Vimeo while in Indonesia. Its longer-term plans also have an impressive 45-day money-back guarantee.
Get CyberGhost risk-free using its 45-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t want to keep it for any reason, simply claim your money back. I tested the guarantee using its 24/7 live chat to request a refund. Within minutes I had received a response and my money was fully refunded 3 days later.
CyberGhost works with: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi, Chrome, Firefox, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Kodi, Roku, smart TVs, routers, and more.
February 2023 Update! You can subscribe to CyberGhost for as low as $2.19 per month + get extra 2 months free with the 2-year plan (save up to 83%)! This is a limited offer so grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- Over 35000 servers in 84 countries, the largest network on this list
- A small packet feature to boost speeds when using WireGuard and OpenVPN
- Watch Vimeo content on up to 10 devices simultaneously
- Unblock Vimeo on Windows, macOS, Amazon Fire TV, Chrome, iOS, and more
- 24/7 live chat and email support for quick and easy help when required
- A 30-day money-back guarantee to stream Vimeo in Indonesia risk-free
Private Internet Access (PIA) has 35000+ servers in 84 countries across the globe, allowing you to access Vimeo in seconds from Indonesia. Its vast network means you have more server options and less chance of experiencing overcrowding and error messages than VPNs with fewer servers. Get instant access to Vimeo from anywhere with PIA.
It comes with a small packet feature, giving you faster speeds to watch Vimeo when you use its WireGuard or OpenVPN protocols. I originally got speeds of around 50 Mbps during my tests, which is ten times what you need to stream without any lag. But when I went into advanced settings and selected “use small packets,” this was boosted to around 60 Mbps.
This VPN lets you access your Vimeo account on up to 10 devices simultaneously, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. You may not need this many simultaneous connections, but it’s great for people like me with a busy household who want to watch Netflix US and other content while I browse Vimeo.
Get multiple connections for your money with subscriptions starting at just $2.19/month. PIA allowed my colleagues and I to access our home content on the following platforms with ease:
|Amazon Prime Video||Showtime||Discovery+||Canal+||YIe|
Unfortunately, PIA is located within the US, at the heart of the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliance — which is a knowledge-sharing network between international governments. However, PIA has a no-logs policy, meaning that they don’t keep any data so you remain protected and anonymous.
I messaged PIA’s 24/7 live chat to request a refund and test its money-back guarantee. In less than 2 hours, I received a response and my refund was processed with no questions asked. Download PIA using its 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied after committing to a subscription, you can get a full refund back into your bank account within 7 days
PIA works with: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Kodi, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, routers, and more.
February 2023 Update! For a limited time only, save 82% with the 2-year plan + get an additional 2 months free! Hurry and check out the deal here!
- Short and long-term subscriptions available
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 5456+ global servers in 60 countries
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Protect up to 6 devices at once
NordVPN is one of the best VPNs on the market — and you can get super cheap prices when you sign up for a long-term subscription. One thing to note, however, is that when it’s time to renew your subscription, prices do increase quite significantly.
I was particularly impressed with the high performance of every server I tested. Just because a VPN has thousands of servers doesn’t mean they all work. Servers can still struggle to unblock local sites — and some can even fail to connect completely. However, I easily unblocked Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and HBO Max on multiple servers in the US and UK.
I did, however, have issues with using NordVPN’s native Fire TV app. Although it worked and unblocked some streaming services, it sometimes had issues unblocking Netflix US and kept crashing. I also found that NordVPN’s user interface for desktop devices was less user-friendly than ExpressVPN and CyberGhost.
NordVPN has the following security and privacy features:
- AES 256-bit encryption
- A kill switch that cuts your internet access if your connection to a VPN server drops suddenly
- Built-in ad and malware blocker, so you don’t need a third-party ad blocker
- Fully audited no-logs policy (audited by PwC) – NordVPN doesn’t store any personal or identifying data while you’re connected to the VPN
In addition, NordVPN includes Threat Protection that protects you from viruses, infected websites, and trackers – and it works whenever you have the NordVPN app open, even if you’re not connected to a VPN server.
With plans that cost as little as $3.49 per month, it's easy to find a NordVPN subscription plan that suits your needs. You can also stream, torrent, and browse for free for up to 30 days with its money-back guarantee. I tested this to ensure that you’ll really get your money back. At first, the support team tried to give me an extended trial period — but they initiated my refund right away after I told them I wasn’t interested in the extension. I got my money back in 6 business days.
NordVPN unblocks: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, SkyTV, HBO Max, SHOWTIME, DAZN, ESPN, YouTube TV, and more
NordVPN works on: Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Chromebook, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, Fire Stick, and Android TV
- Short and long-term plans available
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3200+ global servers in 99 countries
- No bandwidth restrictions
- Connect unlimited devices at once
Surfshark offers the best value for money out of every premium VPN on the market. You can connect an unlimited number of devices with a single subscription, which means you can use Surfshark on all your devices without getting logged out.
I tested Surfshark’s simultaneous connections on 2 PCs, 2 phones, a Fire Stick 4K, and an iPad. My connection remained reliable on all 6 devices. Even while I was actively streaming on all my devices, my average speed was 112 Mbps — fast enough for UHD quality.
When I saw the price of this service, I thought it couldn’t possibly have top-grade security features for such a low price, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Surfshark has the following security and privacy features:
- AES 256-bit encryption on all devices, with ChaCha encryption available for Android users
- Wireguard VPN protocol enabled by default
- Diskless, RAM-only servers to protect your privacy (no data can be physically extracted from any servers)
- Kill switch (although this isn’t enabled by default)
- IP and DNS leak protection
Surfshark offers two-factor authentication (2FA) on your account. This feature requires you to enter an extra code before you can log in to ensure that only you can access your account.
While Surfshark does have slightly fewer global servers than rivals such as CyberGhost and PIA, I didn’t experience any issues during my tests. I easily connected fast working servers every time, and I had excellent speeds for streaming Netflix in UHD, downloading torrents, and browsing the internet.
You can try Surfshark for yourself with the 30-day money-back guarantee. It has plans that cost as little as $2.49. Requesting a refund is easy with Surfshark’s live chat feature. Although the support team asked why I wanted to cancel my subscription, I had no problem getting my money back (and it only took 4 days!).
Surfshark unblocks: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Sling TV, Hotstar, HBO Max, DAZN, and more
Surfshark works on: Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, Linux, Fire Stick, Samsung Smart TVs, LG Smart TVs, Android TV, Kodi, and selected routers
6. PrivateVPN — High-Quality Network (HQN) Servers Increase Your Speeds While Watching Vimeo in Indonesia
- 200 servers in over 63 countries, the smallest network on this list
- Unblock Vimeo on up to 10 devices simultaneously
- Watch Vimeo on Windows, macOS, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and more
- Live chat support and a knowledge-base for instant help without queues
- Access Vimeo risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee
PrivateVPN’s HQN servers increase its speeds and reduce latency so you can stream Vimeo in Indonesia with reduced lag. Its easy-to-follow interface shows the latency of each available server, allowing you to choose the fastest option for your location straight away.
It doesn’t have as extensive a server network as ExpressVPN or CyberGhost, with just 200+ servers in 63 countries. But it still covers many of the main locations where Vimeo is available, allowing you to access your Vimeo account from anywhere. You’ll be able to unblock Vimeo while in Indonesia using PrivateVPN’s reliable servers. Additionally, PrivateVPN let me and my colleagues access the following streaming services:
|HBO Max||Amazon Prime Video||Paramount+||Peacock||Discovery+|
|BBC iPlayer||Hotstar||ITV Hub||RTE||fuboTV|
Since PrivateVPN has the fewest servers on this list, you may find you have fewer options compared to other monthly VPNs I’ve reviewed. However, all of PrivateVPN’s servers are fast and efficient, allowing you to unblock Vimeo and other streaming platforms from anywhere. Get PrivateVPN for as little as $2.00/month and save some money on a 12-month subscription.
Try PrivateVPN today using its 30-day money-back guarantee. To see if this guarantee would be honored, I sent a message to its live customer support toward the end of the money-back period. The customer support rep actioned my request right away, and I had my refund within one working week.
PrivateVPN works with: Windows, macOS, Linux, Chromebook, Android, iOS, Blackberry, Raspberry Pi, Chrome, Firefox, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Kodi, Google Chromecast, Android TVs, routers, and more.
- Over 2000+ servers in 75 countries to stream Vimeo from anywhere
- Watch Vimeo on all of your household devices with unlimited connections
- Stream Vimeo on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Roku, and Kodi
- 24/7 live chat and email support to solve any issues you may have
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
Thanks to its generous unlimited device connections with every subscription, you can unblock Vimeo in Indonesia on all of your devices with IPVanish. Watch Vimeo on your phone, laptop, and tablet at the same time, without impacting streaming quality. If you purchase one of IPVanish’s pre-flashed routers, it’s even possible to add the VPN to devices that don’t usually support a VPN, such as smart TVs and games consoles.
IPVanish’s 2000+ internally operated servers in 75 countries enable you to easily watch Vimeo in Indonesia. Simply connect to a server in one of the countries where Vimeo is accessible, such as the US, the UK, Japan, or Australia. There are multiple locations in each country, and the connections are fast and stable.
This VPN guarantees unthrottled speeds, so you won’t experience any buffering or lag when you watch Vimeo in Indonesia. I found IPVanish’s speeds to be excellent for streaming, with all the servers I tested averaging around 40 Mbps. These speeds ensure high-quality, uninterrupted streams at any time of the day or night.
Unfortunately, IPVanish doesn’t unblock all streaming platforms. However, it can successfully unblock Vimeo and these popular options:
|Disovery+||Paramount+||ITV Hub||ESPN||And More!|
So, you still have plenty of choices. You can access Vimeo from Indonesia using IPVanish for only $3.33/month.
Grab IPVanish risk-free using its 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not happy, just get a full refund within 7 working days. It’s extremely easy to get a refund from IPVanish. Simply access your account dashboard and hit the cancel button. I received a confirmation email almost immediately and within 3 hours my refund was processed.
IPVanish works with: Windows, macOS, Linux, Chromebook, Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi, Chrome, Xbox, Firefox, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Kodi, Roku, Google Chromecast, Android TVs, routers, and more.
How to Sign up to Vimeo and Stream Videos in Indonesia
You can sign up to Vimeo for free in less than 4 steps. However, if you want to subscribe to certain content creators you’ll need to pay using a debit card, credit card, or PayPal account. Remember that you have to sign up before you travel to Indonesia, because signing up for Vimeo from abroad — even using a VPN — could breach its terms and conditions.
Debit or Credit Card Method
- Download a VPN. I use ExpressVPN to unblock Vimeo because of its ultra-fast speeds. Connect to a server in the country where you have a Vimeo account.
- Visit the Vimeo website. 5 plans are available, a Basic plan for free, a Plus plan, a Pro plan, a Business plan, and its most expensive Premium plan.
- Create an account and set up your billing information. To create an account, enter your card details and select the country and ZIP Code to complete the purchase.
- Enjoy watching Vimeo.
- Download a VPN. I use ExpressVPN for streaming Vimeo because of its reliable servers. Connect to a server in a country of your choice.
- Visit the Vimeo website. I recommend its free Basic plan for the average viewer and its Plus plan for content creators. Every plan comes with a 30-day free trial.
- Create an account and set up your billing information. Click on the PayPal icon, then enter your country and ZIP code to authorize payment.
- Enjoy watching Vimeo from anywhere.
How to Watch Vimeo Indonesia on Different Devices
There are multiple ways to watch your favorite videos on Vimeo. It works on a variety of devices, including Windows laptop, MacBook, Android and iOS smartphone, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast.
Android & iOS Smartphone
1. Download a VPN for Android or iOS devices. I suggest you download ExpressVPN to watch Vimeo without buffering or lag.
2. Connect to a US server. Choose between superfast servers, including New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Washington DC to unblock Vimeo from Indonesia.
3. Get the Vimeo mobile app. Once installed, sign in to an existing account to stream your favorite Vimeo content.
Windows Laptop & MacBook
1. Get a VPN for Windows or macOS. Get ExpressVPN’s dedicated Windows app for instant access to Vimeo without experiencing overcrowded servers.
2. Connect to a server within the US. Every one of its US servers will unblock Vimeo while you’re in Indonesia.
3. Visit the Vimeo website. Sign in to your Vimeo account and watch the best videos.
Amazon Fire TV
1. Install a VPN on your Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire Stick. Use ExpressVPN’s dedicated app to unblock Vimeo with zero error messages.
2. Configure the VPN with your Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire Stick.
3. Connect to a US server. Once connected, download the Vimeo app from the Amazon App Store, sign in to your account, and start streaming Vimeo content in Indonesia.
1. Download a VPN on your router or buy a pre-configured router. Get ExpressVPN’s router app for instant access to Vimeo in Indonesia.
2. Connect to a US server using your phone or laptop. Once turned on, all of your devices connected to your router will be protected and can access Vimeo from anywhere.
3. Get the Vimeo app on your Apple TV. You’ll be able to sign in to your Vimeo account while in Indonesia on 4th and 5th-generation Apple TVs.
1. Get a VPN compatible with Roku devices. Download ExpressVPN’s dedicated router app to watch Vimeo on your Roku device.
2. Connect to a server in a country of your choice. You’ll be able to connect to superfast servers around the globe to access your Vimeo account.
3. Download the Vimeo app on your Roku device. Get Vimeo and access your account while in Indonesia on standalone Roku devices and Roku-enabled devices.
1. Install a VPN compatible with Chromecast. You can get ExpressVPN and access Vimeo using its router app.
2. Connect to a server on a virtual or physical router. Once connected, you’ll be able to unblock Vimeo from anywhere.
3. Cast or mirror your Vimeo app onto any TV. Sign in to your Vimeo account and stream content by mirroring an Android device or casting an iOS device.
FAQs on Watching Vimeo From Anywhere in 2023
Are VPNs legal in Indonesia?
Yes, VPNs are completely legal and accessible in Indonesia. You’ll need a quality VPN to overcome online censorship affecting websites like Vimeo and Reddit. It’s also wise to use a top VPN with excellent security features to protect yourself from prying eyes and scammers that are a risk for international travelers across Indonesia.
Why is Vimeo blocked in Indonesia?
Vimeo is blocked in Indonesia due to enforced internet censorship and strict regulations on ISPs. You’ll need one of the best VPNs to access your favorite websites and social media when you travel in the country. Websites that are blocked in Indonesia include Vimeo, Tumblr, Reddit, and many more, and can only be accessed using a quality VPN.
Do I have to pay to access Vimeo in Indonesia?
No, you do not have to pay to access Vimeo if you are a Vimeo Basic account holder. However, if you are a Vimeo Plus, Pro, Business, or Premium account holder, you will need to pay its annual subscription cost as you would do while in your own country. Also, you will need a VPN to access Vimeo while you travel in Indonesia due to website restrictions. You can purchase a top-class VPN for as low as $2/month. My favorite VPN for Vimeo is ExpressVPN, as its superfast speeds mean I can watch without annoying lag.
Can I watch Vimeo in Indonesia with a free VPN?
It’s possible, but definitely not recommended. Having tested and reviewed many free VPNs in the past, I have found that free VPNs often promote advanced features like no-logs policies, AES 256-bit encryption, malware detection, and more. However, they do not actually include these, leaving you unprotected and your data visible to hackers and ISPs. They often have speeds that are too slow for streaming, leaving you with frustrating interruptions every few seconds. In addition to this, some free VPNs even sell your data to make a profit, significantly increasing the risk of cyber attacks that can steal your personal information.
Start Watching Vimeo in Indonesia in February 2023
Due to strict online censorship across Indonesia, you won’t be unable to access your Vimeo account and stream your favorite content. To watch Vimeo in Indonesia, you need a VPN to connect to a server in your usual country and sign in to your Vimeo account as usual.
After testing over 30 VPNs, I found that ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Vimeo from anywhere due to its reliable server network and superfast speeds. Install ExpressVPN risk-free as it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with your ExpressVPN subscription, you can claim a full refund.