How to Pay for Disney+ From Anywhere — Still Works in 2022!
It’s not easy to pay for Disney+ if you’re not in the right country. Disney checks your IP address and the country of your payment method when you sign up — and blocks your subscription if it doesn’t match.
Luckily, there are still options if you’re working abroad or your credit card expires when you’re on vacation. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) can connect you to its global network of servers, allowing you to pay for your Disney+ account with a local IP address.
The best VPN in 2022 is ExpressVPN with 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, on top of blazing-fast speeds. You can try ExpressVPN with Disney+ risk-free as it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied, it’s quick and hassle-free to get a full refund (no questions asked).
Quick Guide: How to Pay for Disney+ From Abroad in 2022
- To subscribe to Disney+ through the Google Play Store using an Android device, check out the instructions here.
- For iOS devices, you can sign up and pay for Disney+ via iTunes — find out how by jumping to this guide.
- If you’d like to purchase a virtual gift card to subscribe to Disney+, you can do so by following these step-by-step instructions.
- You also have the option to sign up for Disney+ using PayPal — just follow this guide.
How to Pay for Disney+ on the Google Play Store
You can use this method if you’ve got an Android smartphone or tablet, smart TV, or Amazon Fire TV or Firestick. Make sure to keep your phone near you — Google sometimes uses phone verification to check that you and your account are in the same country.
- Get a VPN and connect to a US server. ExpressVPN has hundreds of fast and reliable US servers, plus military-grade encryption to mask your true IP address.
- Buy a Google Play US gift card on Amazon.com. Send the gift card to your own email address so you can access it easily.
- Create a new Google Play account.
- Go to your device’s “settings,” click on “Google,” and then click “Add another account.”
- Add a new email address — this should be different from your primary Google Play email address.
- Make sure you set your new account’s location to the US.
- Open the Google Play store and log in with your new account.
- Redeem the gift card with your new account. The Google Play Store will recognize your US-only gift card and ask for a local phone number and ZIP code. Any US ZIP code and phone number should work.
- Download the Disney+ app to your device from the Google Play Store and create your account. Disney+ will accept your gift card balance as a US payment method.
- Start watching your favorite Disney+ shows and films!
How to Pay for Disney+ on Apple iTunes
Important: If you’ve signed up for a VPN with a money-back guarantee, make sure you subscribe through its official website (not the Google Play or App Stores). Otherwise, you’ll be subject to the respective store’s Terms and Conditions.
To pay for Disney+ on iTunes, you’ll need a Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV.
- Download a VPN and connect to a US server. A service like ExpressVPN has obfuscated servers that disguise your VPN traffic, making it easy to connect to different countries anonymously.
- Visit the Apple site and create a new Apple ID. Log out of your existing account first and then select the US as your “Country/Region.” Leave the “Payment Information” section blank (you can use your real phone number, as this won’t conflict with changing your region).
- Buy an App Store gift card on Amazon.com. Send the gift card to your email address — it should arrive within 30 minutes but can sometimes take up to 24 hours.
- Log in to the App Store with your new US Apple ID. Agree to the Terms & Conditions, and click “Continue.”
- Select a payment option and US address. Choose “None” for your payment option, and fill in your US address and phone number in the Billing Address section.
- Your new Apple ID is now ready to use. Click “Continue.”
- Go to your Account and click “Redeem Gift Card.” Enter your App Store gift card code from your email and see that your account is credited.
- If you’re not already using it, switch to the device on which you want to watch Disney+. You’ll need to launch your VPN app and connect to a US server.
- Log in to the App Store with your new Apple ID. Then, download and launch the Disney+ app.
- Open the Disney+ app and create your account. The app will walk you through each step, from entering your email to choosing your subscription plan.
- Apple will automatically pay for your Disney+ subscription using your gift card credit. Your Disney+ account is now ready to use!
How to Get a Virtual US Gift Card for Disney+
If you don’t want to sign up through either the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, you can add funds to a virtual US card and pay for your Disney+ subscription.
- Get a VPN and connect to a US server.
- Visit a website like GiftCards.com to create a virtual US gift card. These virtual cards are valid for US use and are only for online purchases.
- Add funds to your virtual gift card and send it to your email address. You can add funds using your debit or credit card.
- Once received, activate your virtual US gift card. Some retailers pre-activate Visa gift cards, but you may have to activate your card before paying for Disney+.
- Visit the Disney+ website and create an account. If you have an existing account, you can log in and head to your account details and payment information.
- Enter your virtual US card details as your payment method. You should have all the necessary information, including the card number, expiry date, and security code.
- Pay for your Disney+ subscription and start streaming! Once you’ve entered the details, your account will be set up and you can begin watching Disney+ content.
How to Sign Up for Disney+ With PayPal and Revolut
Disney+ accepts PayPal as a payment method, but only if your PayPal location matches your Disney+ country. If you’re setting up a new PayPal account outside of the US, you’ll need to use a VPN to ensure your account is US-based and you can pay for Disney+ without issue.
- Get a VPN and connect to a US server.
- Visit the PayPal website and create a new account. You’ll need to enter your US address details. For example, you can enter the first line of your current address, then choose a US state and zip code (like Arizona 85055).
- Create a Revolut account. You can link this account to your current bank account and Revolut will provide you with a virtual card.
- Link your Revolut virtual card to your PayPal account. You’ll find this on your account dashboard, under “Link a card or bank.”
- Stay connected to the VPN, visit Disney+, and create an account. You can also log in to an existing account to change the payment method.
- Choose the “PayPal” payment method and select your subscription option. There are 2 choices — monthly or annually.
- Complete your purchase. Disney+ will take the subscription funds from your PayPal account, which is linked to your Revolut virtual card — the payment will be taken from your bank account.
- Start streaming Disney+ content! Once the payment is processed, you can start watching your favorite shows and movies.
The Best VPNs for Disney+ in January 2022
- 3000+ servers in 94+ countries
- Use on 5 devices simultaneously
- 24/7 customer support over live chat and email
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN has super-fast global servers for streaming Disney+. I only experienced a small drop of 18% from my standard internet speeds — this is impressive considering some servers were 15,000km away. In all cases, my download speeds were fast enough for Ultra HD streaming with no lag, buffering, or interruptions.
As a big streaming fan, I was even more excited to find that ExpressVPN works with Netflix US, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, Hulu, SlingTV, YouTube TV, DAZN, BBC iPlayer, and more.
It takes less than 5 minutes to download the VPN app onto Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. You can also set up MediaStreamer to reroute your internet traffic through private DNS servers in the US. MediaStreamer connections aren’t encrypted, but it’s useful if you want to stream Disney+ on a device that doesn’t support VPNs (like game consoles). Alternatively, the router app allows you to connect every device in your household to ExpressVPN.
You can try ExpressVPN with Disney+ risk-free as it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. if you’re not fully satisfied you can get a refund with no questions asked. I tested the process myself and arranging a refund was easy. I contacted the 24/7 live chat and an agent handled my request in less than 5 minutes. I had my money back in just 5 days.
ExpressVPN works on: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, PlayStation, Xbox, smart TVs, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon Fire TV, routers, and more.
ExpressVPN also unblocks: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Vudu, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, SlingTV, SHOWTIME, DAZN, ESPN, ITV, and more.
January 2022 Update! ExpressVPN has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $6.67 per month for the 1-year plan (you can save up to 49%) + 3 months free! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 7+ servers in 90+ countries, plus dedicated Disney+ servers in India, Italy, and the US
- Works on 7 devices at the same time
- Customer service with 24/7 live chat, email, and online knowledge base
- 45-day money-back guarantee
CyberGhost has a range of optimized servers specifically for streaming Disney+ in the US, Italy, and India. These servers are regularly tested by CyberGhost to ensure you get smooth connections every time.
If you want to access Disney+ in another country, you can connect to one of CyberGhost’s standard servers. However, not all standard servers worked with Disney+ — for example, the Las Vegas and New York servers worked, but nowhere else in the US. You may need to connect several times to find a server that works or reach out to customer service if issues persist.
CyberGhost has a generous 45-day money-back guarantee, which is ideal if you only need a VPN for a short time. You can even try CyberGhost with Disney+ and get a full refund once you’re finished. The money-back process is very simple, taking a live chat agent just a couple of minutes to arrange my request. I had the money back in my account in less than a week.
CyberGhost works on: Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Linux, smart TVs, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon Fire TV, routers, and more.
CyberGhost also unblocks: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, HBO Max, SlingTV, SHOWTIME, DAZN, ESPN, ITV, and more.
January 2022 Update! You can subscribe to CyberGhost for as low as $2.15 per month + get extra 3 months free with the 3-year plan (save up to 83%)! This is a limited offer so grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 34400+ servers in 78+ countries
- Stream on 10 devices at once
- Customer support available on live chat and email
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Private Internet Access (PIA) has an enormous network of over 34400 servers in 78+ countries. During testing, PIA had no issues connecting to Disney+ with servers in Australia, Canada, France, India, Netherlands, Thailand, the UK, and US.
However, my speeds slowed around 44% on average. This drop was especially evidence when I was connected to servers far away. I recommend switching from the OpenVPN protocol to WireGuard to help mitigate speed loss, although you may still experience a significant slowdown if you have a slow internet connection.
You can use PIA on 10 devices on just a single account. You can even try Private Internet Access with Disney+ at no risk to you with the 30-day money-back guarantee. If you change your mind later, it’s easy to get a full refund.
PIA works on: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Linux, smart TVs, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon Fire TV, routers, and more.
PIA also unblocks: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, SlingTV, SHOWTIME, ESPN, ITV, and more.
January 2022 Update! For a limited time only, save 83% with the 3-year plan + get an additional 3 months free! Hurry and check out the deal here!
Comparison Table: 2022’s Best VPNs for Disney+ Ranked
|Unblocks Disney+||Speeds||Servers||Device Limit||Money-Back Guarantee|
|ExpressVPN||✔||Excellent||3000+ in 94+ countries||5||30 days|
|CyberGhost||✔||Fast||7600+ in 90+ countries||7||45 days|
|Private Internet Access||✔||Fast||34400+ in 78+ countries||10||30 days|
FAQs: VPNs and Disney+
Why can’t I pay for Disney+?
More than likely, you can’t pay for Disney+ because your physical device location and your payment method location don’t match. You’ve likely encountered this error message:
Unable to subscribe:
Your payment method does not match the country from where you are signing up. Please change your payment method to match that country.
If you’re traveling abroad temporarily, a VPN can help mask your device’s IP address. ExpressVPN uses high-level encryption to hide your IP address and replaces it with an IP address from its global server network. This way, you can make your device appear to be in your home country (where you have a matching payment method).
Can I get Disney+ without a credit card?
Yes, it’s possible. I’ve listed several methods for signing up for a Disney+ subscription if you don’t have a credit card or your card expires while you’re traveling abroad. This includes subscribing through Google or Apple iTunes, using a virtual gift card, or paying with your PayPal or Revolut account.
Can I watch Disney+ on more than 1 device?
Yes! When you sign up for a Disney + account, you’ll be able to stream on up to 4 devices at the same time. If you need to access Disney+ with a VPN, you’ll need a service that supports at least 4 simultaneous device connections (like ExpressVPN or CyberGhost).
Fortunately, every VPN on my list supports more device connections than the maximum allowed on Disney+. If you want to maximize the number of devices you use though, I recommend IPVanish as it supports unlimited simultaneous device connections. Just make sure you use a US server when you connect, as IPVanish’s ability to access Disney+ is somewhat limited.
Can I use a free VPN for Disney+?
It depends. My team and I’ve tested the best free VPNs in 2022 that will keep your Disney+ login credentials and billing information secure — but none of them are very good for streaming. You’ll face limited data, bandwidth or server connections, which is frustrating when you just want to finish an episode in HD (it’s unlikely that you’ll have enough data for a full movie).
If you do find a free VPN with no limitations, I advise you to be careful. Many shady free VPNs make you “pay” by tracking your online movements and storing your data. This data is then sold to third parties, ranging from advertisers to hackers.
Alternatively, I recommend a premium VPN like CyberGhost as it comes with a long 45-day money-back guarantee. You can treat it like a free trial — simply use CyberGhost for free to sign up for Disney+ and then get a full refund once you’re done.
Don’t Miss Out on Your Favorite Disney+ Shows
If you’re traveling abroad and want to pay for Disney+, you could face a block if your payment method doesn’t match your location. Fortunately, a premium VPN service will mask your IP address and let you pay for the streaming service from anywhere.
I tested over 50 VPNs and I found ExpressVPN is the best choice for Disney+ in 2022. Its global server network has fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth, making it ideal for binge watching shows on Disney+. You can even try ExpressVPN with Disney+ for yourself. If you’re not satisfied, it’s hassle-free to get a full refund within 30 days.