How to Pay for a Disney Plus Account From Anywhere in 2021
If you’ve been blocked by Disney Plus’s payment error message, I have good news — there’s a way around it so you can get a Disney Plus account from anywhere in the world.
Unable to subscribe:
Your payment method does not match the country from where you are signing up. Please change your payment method to match that country.
When I first ran into this restriction, I thought changing my IP address with a VPN would be enough to let me pay for Disney+ — but I kept getting the same error message. I found out that this is because Disney+ requires you to have BOTH an IP address AND a payment method from a country where the platform has already been launched in order to get an account.
Since I didn’t have access to a foreign credit card, I thought my only option was to wait until the platform became available in my region. Luckily, I found a hack that allows you to pay for a Disney+ account from anywhere in the world by using a top-tier VPN like ExpressVPN.
After testing dozens of options, I shortlisted a few payment methods that will allow you to pay for a Disney+ account from anywhere and start streaming immediately. I’ll also give you simple step-by-step instructions to pay for and set up Disney+ using gift cards on iTunes and Google Play. These guides will work with Windows, Android, and Apple devices.
Before you start: You’ll need a reliable VPN to change your virtual location to a country where Disney+ is already available (you can try ExpressVPN risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee).
Step-By-Step Guide to Pay for Disney Plus With Google Play
- Install a VPN and connect to a US server — don’t skip this step; if you do, these instructions won’t work. I recommend you pay for Disney+ with ExpressVPN using its 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Buy a Google Play US gift card on Amazon.com and send the gift card code to your email address. I chose the $25 gift card.
- Create a new Google Play account. Go to your device’s “settings”, click on “Google”, and then click “Add another account”. Add a new email address — this should be different from your primary Google Play email address.
- Open the Google Play store and log in with your new email address. Redeem the gift card with your new account. The Google Play store will automatically recognize that it’s a US-only gift card, and ask for a local phone number and postcode. Enter any US postcode and phone number (you can just Google for them like I did).
- Download the Disney+ app from the Play Store and create your account. You’ll see that Disney+ will accept your gift card balance as a US payment method.
- Start watching your favorite Disney+ shows and films!
How to Pay for Disney Plus With iTunes
Many VPN services will not process your refunds if you purchase the app through the Apple Store. To ensure you have a hassle-free experience getting your money back (like I did), download your VPN directly from the provider website.
Since I already had an Apple ID linked to a country where Disney+ isn’t available, I thought that paying for a Disney+ account on my MacBook would be impossible — but I was wrong. According to my testing, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to pay for a new Disney+ account on iOS devices. It let me change my virtual location, create a new Apple ID, and pay for Disney+ without being stopped by geoblocks.
Once I had my new account, I found that ExpressVPN consistently unblocks Disney+ from anywhere and gives you fast speeds for bufferless streaming of Disney classics like Snow White in HD. I was also impressed that its native Mac app let me connect to the fastest available US server within 5 seconds.
To save you time, you can use my instructions below to pay for a Disney+ account on your MacBook, iMac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV (4th generation and later). If you don’t want to buy a long subscription, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free for 30 days and get your money-back.
- Download a VPN like ExpressVPN which has servers in Disney+ countries. Remember to download ExpressVPN directly from their website and not through the App Store to make the refund process easier in the future!
- Go to the App Store and sign out of your existing account.
- Connect your VPN to a US server.
- Visit the Apple site and create a new Apple ID. Select the US as your “Country/Region”, but leave the “Payment Information” section blank.
- Buy an App Store gift card on Amazon.com and send the gift card to your email address. I chose the $25 gift card, which is the minimum purchase possible.
- Log in to the App Store with your new US Apple ID. Agree to the Terms & Conditions, and click “Continue”.
- The next screen will prompt you to select a payment option and US address. Choose “None” for your payment option, and fill in a random US address and phone number in the Billing Address section. Click “Continue”.
- Your new Apple ID is now ready to use. Click “Continue”.
- Go to your Account and click “Redeem Gift Card”.
- Enter your App Store gift card code.
- You now have $25 credit in your App Store account.
- Switch to the iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV on which you want to watch Disney+, launch your VPN app, and connect to a US server.
- Log in to the App Store with your new Apple ID. Download and launch the Disney+ app.
- Open the Disney+ app and click “Start Free Trial” to create your Disney+ account. The app will walk you through each step, from entering your email to choosing your subscription plan.
- After your free 1-week trial, Apple will automatically pay for your Disney+ subscription using your gift card credit. Your Disney+ account is now ready to use!
- Connect your VPN to a US server before logging back into your Disney+ account — this will give you access to Disney’s largest content library and prevent error messages from interrupting your streaming. No matter where you are in the world, your VPN will let you stream Disney+ from any Apple device using the app or a web browser. Enjoy streaming your favorite Disney movies and TV shows!
Get Extra Savings With Your Disney Plus Subscription
The cost of Disney+ varies by country, but you can save around $20 per year if you get the annual subscription instead of the monthly plan.
I was excited to find out that you can also save money with the Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ bundle deal. This package is exclusively available to users with a US IP address (if you’re outside the US, you can use a VPN with US servers and a US payment method to take advantage of this offer too).
This deal lets you enjoy your favorite series, live sports, and Disney movies. By taking advantage of this offer rather than subscribing to each service individually, the bundle can save you around $5 each month. Personally, I think this is a great bargain because you’re able to access Hulu original series, blockbuster movies, and hundreds of live sporting events. Between NBA games, The Simpsons series, and Transformers movies, I never ran out of entertaining shows and programs to watch!
2 Best VPNs to Pay for Disney Plus From Anywhere
After testing dozens of options, I shortlisted the top 2 VPNs to pay for Disney+ below. If you want more details on streaming, you can read my full review on each VPN’s performance with Disney+ here.
Why ExpressVPN Is the Best VPN to Get Your Disney+ Account
ExpressVPN offers a ton of payment methods like credit and debit cards, and even cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
Aside from flexibility in payment methods, ExpressVPN has reliable servers in countries all around the world, including most countries where Disney+ is currently available like the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, Spain, Norway, and more. That means that paying for your Disney+ account is easy and you will have fast access to its content from anywhere in the world.
If you’re not sure about committing to a long subscription, you can try ExpressVPN using its 30-day money-back guarantee. Simply contact ExpressVPNs’s customer service and request a refund if you’re not happy with it. They helped me through the process and it only took 4 days to get my money back.
A VPN Lets You Pay for Disney Plus — and More
Disney Plus’s tough geo-blocks make it seem impossible to pay for the service in most places — but a VPN and my payment methods will let you pay for an account from anywhere.
A quality VPN service also has other uses. For example, if you change your IP address with a VPN, you can stream the content catalogs in other Disney+ countries. With the right service, you’ll never miss out on exclusive shows and movies only available in the US or other countries. Regardless of where you are in the world, you will have easy access to the entire Disney+ catalog.
Besides giving you access to Disney+, some services also unlock other top streaming platforms like US Netflix, DAZN, ITV live, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video while you’re abroad. No matter where you travel, a VPN with proven ability to get around tough geoblocks can give you access to your favorite shows, movies, local news channels, and live sports.
Don’t miss out on the magic of Disney+ because of geoblocks. To start streaming immediately, try ExpressVPN risk-free for 30 days. This is more than enough time to set up your Disney+ account and watch a few of your favorite classic movies. If you decide you don’t want the VPN long-term, you can get every cent back through its refund policy.