How to Get a Moroccan IP Address in 2022
If you travel outside Morocco, it’s a huge hassle to watch your favorite shows on Al Aoula or Al Maghribia. This is because these sites only allow access if you have a Moroccan IP address. Thankfully, you can get an IP address in Morocco with a VPN, making websites think you’re still in the country. Unfortunately, most VPNs don’t have servers in Morocco and I had to test over 30 VPNs to find a few that worked.
I found that CyberGhost is the best VPN to get a Moroccan IP address, as it has the fastest speeds and the largest server network in Morocco. You can try CyberGhost’s Moroccan servers for free as it comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee. If you find the service isn’t right for you, you can contact its 24/7 customer support agents to quickly get your money back.
Quick Guide: 3 Easy Steps to Get an IP Address in Morocco From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. CyberGhost has a large network of high-speed servers in Morocco plus the best security, so it’s my top choice.
- Connect to a server in Morocco. You can find it quickly in the server menu.
- That’s it! Now you can start browsing the internet freely in Morocco.
The Best VPNs to Get a Moroccan IP Address (Tested in July 2022)
1. CyberGhost — #1 VPN for Getting a Moroccan IP Address With a Huge Network of Fast, Reliable Servers in Morocco
- 7900 servers in 91+ countries, including 14 servers in Rabat
- Strict no-logs policy with 256-bit military-grade encryption and a kill switch
- 7 simultaneous device connections
- Sign up using credit card, PayPal, Amazon Pay, or with a private Bitcoin payment
- Includes quick-replying 24/7 chat support, email, and online guides
- 45-day money-back guarantee
CyberGhost is the best VPN to get a Moroccan IP address with a broad network of super-fast servers for seamless streaming, torrenting, and more. Its network of 14 servers in Rabat gave me speeds up to 80Mbps, so I had perfect performance for even the most demanding online activities. Plus, having so many local servers means they never get congested with too many users and slow down unexpectedly.
With such fast speeds, videos and live streams loaded with only 2-3 seconds of initial buffering and no interruptions, even in HD. CyberGhost’s servers in Morocco unblocked local TV channels like Al Aoula, Al Maghribia, Télé Maroc, Arraydia, Tamazight TV, Medi1TV, and 2M. Netflix Morocco also worked with no issues.
If you’re a fan of torrenting, CyberGhost has an optimized server in Morocco specifically designed to keep your P2P downloads fast and secure. I wanted to make sure the server really kept my torrents private, so I connected and then did tests for DNS and WebRTC data leaks (which sometimes sneak past encryption). After running the tests and finding only CyberGhost’s IP addresses in Morocco, I knew my file-sharing really stayed anonymous. Just keep in mind that you can’t use CyberGhost to download copyrighted or restricted content, and you’re criminally liable for anything you share that’s against the law.
You can use CyberGhost on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Firefox, Chrome, Linux, routers and other devices. All the apps were easy to navigate, with simple buttons and menus. Plus, I never experienced a crash when connected to Moroccan servers. Even when I connected on 7 devices simultaneously, there were no freezes or speed drops. Even though CyberGhost doesn’t offer as high a device limit as other VPNs on this list, I never had a need to connect on more than 7 simultaneous platforms.
In addition to 256-bit encryption, CyberGhost protects your browsing activities with extra security features. The kill switch makes sure your connection is cut off if your internet becomes unstable for any reason, protecting you from accidental data leaks. CyberGhost also comes with DNS/IP leak protection which keeps your information hidden from malicious third-parties. This DNS leak protection also makes it more likely that CyberGhost will be able to access streaming sites — so you can be assured that you’ll be able to keep on streaming.
You can save 84% when you get a 3-year plan at $2.29/month. What’s more, it’s risk-free to try CyberGhost’s Moroccan IP addresses to see if it’s right for you. If you change your mind, you can get a refund easily using the 45-day money-back guarantee. The only catch is, CyberGhost’s 1-month plan has a shorter refund policy than its longer plans. I got the 3-year subscription and then reached out to customer service via 24/7 live chat and asked for a refund after a few weeks. It was processed instantly, and I got my money back in just a day.
July 2022 Update! You can subscribe to CyberGhost for as low as $2.29 per month + get extra 3 months free with the 3-year plan (save up to 83%)! This is a limited offer so grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 35000 servers in 80+ countries, with 1 server and multiple IP addresses in Rabat
- Strict no-logs policy, military-grade encryption and an automatic kill switch
- 10 devices can connect simultaneously
- Subscribe via credit card, PayPal, Bitcoin, or other methods
- 24/7 live chat and email support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
PIA has an integrated ad and malware blocker called PIA MACE that prevents malicious links from infecting your devices while you use its Moroccan IP addresses. Phishing scams, sketchy ads, and shady links on torrent sites will be filtered before they get a chance to steal your data or damage your devices.
In addition to its malicious link protection, PIA hides your connection from prying eyes with 256-bit military-grade encryption. It also has a no-logs policy, so you can rest assured none of your activities on the Moroccan web will be recorded for third parties to see. Just in case you’re on an unreliable network or public WiFi, PIA’s apps include a kill switch to prevent your data from leaking. As an added bonus, a split-tunneling feature lets you exempt certain apps and sites from VPN protection. This lets you use PIA to access your Moroccan bank account from abroad, and still access other web content in your real location.
Whether for streaming, video chat, or torrenting, PIA’s servers in Morocco delivered impressive speeds up to 78Mbps during my tests. This was only a little bit slower than CyberGhost. Plus, you only need 25Mbps for 4K streaming — so PIA was more than fast enough for all my usual online activities. Plus, PIA unblocked local TV channels plus Netflix Morocco and was able to stream with no lags thanks to its high-speed servers. Even connecting on the maximum of 10 devices only slowed down my speeds by 10%, which wasn’t enough to notice.
Despite having fewer servers in Morocco than CyberGhost, PIA is the cheapest VPN to get a Moroccan IP address. It’s only $2.19 a month — but you can also try PIA’s Moroccan servers completely risk-free as it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.I cancelled via live chat and got my request approved in a few minutes. I was able to get my money back in 3 days.
July 2022 Update! For a limited time only, save 82% with the 2-year plan + get an additional 2 months free! Hurry and check out the deal here!
- 1040 servers in 210+ countries, including 2 servers and 6 IP addresses in Fes
- Includes a no-logs policy, 256-bit encryption, and a connection kill switch
- Can connect up to 5 devices simultaneously
- Pay with credit card, PayPal, AliPay, GPay, Apple Pay, and other methods
- Quick-replying email support and online knowledge base
- 30-day money-back guarantee
HMA’s IP shuffle feature protects your privacy on Moroccan IP addresses. Just activate it in the settings and pick how often you want your IP address to change. This makes it even harder for third parties to track you while you browse the Moroccan web.
In addition to its IP shuffle, HMA comes with the standard no-logs policy and an automatic kill switch to keep your browsing activities and other data private. It also uses 256-bit military-grade encryption so that your connection to Moroccan IP addresses stays invisible to hackers and other third parties. These privacy and security features kept my activities and identity completely private when I downloaded torrents, giving me peace of mind that no one could see the files I shared.
During speed tests, its Moroccan server was almost as fast as CyberGhost at 70-75Mbps. HMA unblocked Netflix right away and played content with zero annoying lags because of its fast speeds. Its servers in the country also unblocked Télé Maroc, Al Aoula, Medi1TV, 2M, and other top national TV channels. Thanks to these characteristics, HMA is a great pick for streaming Moroccan TV.
The main downside to HMA is that it doesn’t have any optimized servers in Morocco like CyberGhost does. This makes it a little less ideal for torrenting. However, I like the flexibility that HMA offers in its subscriptions — its 1-month plan makes it one of the best monthly VPNs, and it also offers a 3-year subscription for just $2.99 per month. And since all new HMA plans are eligible for the 30-day money-back guarantee, you can test HMA’s Moroccan servers for yourself with no risk. When I requested a refund, I got my money back after 4 days.
- 2000 servers in 75+ countries, with 1 server in Marrakesh
- Strict zero-logs servers with 256-bit military-grade encryption and a kill switch
- Can connect up to 10 devices simultaneously
- Purchase with credit card, PayPal, or privately with Bitcoin
- 24/7 Customer support available via live chat and email agents
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Hide.me lets you supercharge your speeds on its server in Morocco with its Bolt feature. While this speed-enhancing feature is only in beta (so results aren’t guaranteed), it did give me speeds of about 227Mbps. I also tested Hide.me’s server in Morocco without Hide.me Bolt, and my speeds were still faster than any other VPN on this list. That means no buffering or lag during 4K streaming, even if there are shows playing on Hide.me’s maximum of 10 devices at once.
During streaming tests, Hide.me unblocked Netflix Morocco along with local TV channels including Al Aoula, Arraydia, Tamazight TV, Medi1TV, 2M, and others. Its fast speeds meant no buffering whether it was a live TV broadcast, an episode of In Between on 2M, or a 4K movie on Netflix.
Along with basics like 256-bit military-grade encryption, a no-logs policy, and an automatic kill switch, you can also take advantage of HMA’s privacy extras to stay anonymous. Hide.me’s split tunnel, stealth guard, and customizable VPN protocols keep your data as safe and private as possible while you use IP addresses in Morocco. Those security features kept my torrenting activities anonymous when I shared files in uTorrent on Hide.me’s Moroccan server.
The one con to Hide.me is that at $2.59/month for the 2-year plan, it’s a little bit pricier than other options. However, its extensive privacy perks and incredible speeds using Hide.me Bolt still make it a good value. Plus, it’s risk-free to try Hide.me’s Moroccan IP addresses risk-free. I used its 30-day money-back guarantee to ask for a refund via live chat and got my money back 4 days later.
- 400 servers in 80+ countries, with 14 servers in Rabat
- No data retention, 256-bit internet encryption, and automatic kill switch
- Can connect unlimited devices simultaneously
- Subscriptions payable with credit cards or PayPal
- Get fast support via email or get answers from online guides
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ZenMate is the only VPN I found with servers in Morocco you can connect to on unlimited devices at once. Better yet, I only got mild speed reductions when I watched HD video on 10 simultaneous devices. My speed went from about 70Mbps to 60Mbps, which was only enough for me to notice a slight difference.
With 14 servers in Morocco, ZenMate has as many options as CyberGhost — but they aren’t as fast, so there was a little bit of initial lag before streaming content would play during my tests. Other than that ZenMate worked well with Netflix Morocco, Arraydia, Tamazight TV, Medi1TV, 2M, and other streaming sites. The only catch was that Netflix required a login before displaying Moroccan content. Connecting before logging in resulted in wrong password errors, so just log in before you use ZenMate with Netflix.
For P2P file sharing, my downloads and uploads were pretty fast. Just as important, my torrents and other data stayed hidden thanks to 256-bit military-grade encryption. A no-logs policy ensured that no third parties could see my P2P activities, and a kill switch kept my torrenting activities from leaking if my network became unsteady. I even tested for DNS and WebRTC leaks, and the tests only found ZenMate’s servers (confirming my data didn’t leak).
Zenmate has flexible plans starting at $1.51/month. And since its subscriptions are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try ZenMate’s servers in Morocco without any commitment. If you change your mind, it’s easy to get a full refund via email. It took just over a week for me to get my money back.
How Does a VPN Get a Moroccan IP Address?
A VPN works by allowing you to access the internet through an encrypted server in another country. This gives you an IP address there, letting you access local websites and apps from almost any network in the world. The encryption makes you anonymous to hackers and other third parties while you use the web, keeping you safer online and making sites think you’re visiting using a device in Morocco. The top VPNs on the market also have additional privacy features so that you stay anonymous when you use foreign IP addresses.
Research Methodology: How I Tested the Best VPN for a Moroccan IP Address
I tested a large number of VPNs for Morocco, selecting the best vendors based on the following factors:
- Server locations in Morocco — Each VPN on my list has at least 1 server in Morocco. The more servers a VPN has, the more likely you are to get consistent speeds and reliable website unblocking capabilities.
- Ability to bypass restrictions — I found VPNs with servers in Morocco that could easily bypass location filters and VPN blocks on local websites, TV streaming services, and online banks.
- Fast speeds — To stream and browse without interruptions, you need servers in Morocco that are fast and don’t get congested with too many users. This causes slowdowns. All my chosen VPNs have reliably speedy networks.
- Security and privacy — To keep your connection safe and your data private on Moroccan IP addresses, I searched for VPNs with military-grade 256-bit encryption, no-logs policies, automatic kill switches, and web leak protection.
- Apps for popular devices — All my top VPNs for getting Moroccan IP addresses have intuitive apps for major operating systems like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux. They also include online configuration manuals for router setup to protect devices that don’t have native VPN support.
- Customer support — Prompt customer support via live chat or email is essential, so you can quickly troubleshoot any problems with your new Moroccan IP address.
FAQs: Changing Your IP Address With a VPN
Can I use a free VPN to get a Moroccan IP address?
It’s possible, but there are lots of potential problems. First, a high number of users all connecting to a free server at the same time results in drastic slowdowns. There are also usually strict limits on data, throttled speeds, and other restrictions on free VPN apps.
Many free VPNs also aren’t safe. There are a few free VPN providers that can afford to invest in proper security, but most have weak encryption and unreliable privacy policies that put your data at risk. Some are even malware disguised as VPNs, with tons of fake 5-star reviews in app stores.
Don’t risk it when you can use a top-grade VPN like CyberGhost for free. It has a 45-day money-back guarantee, so you can cancel and get a refund before the 45-day period is over. I used live chat to ask for a refund, and I got my money back after 1 day.
Are VPNs legal in Morocco?
VPNs are legal in Morocco, as long as you don’t use them to commit criminal activities. Also keep in mind that while it’s legal to unblock foreign streaming content on sites you pay for, it may go against their terms of service and can get you banned. Whether you use the top VPNs with servers in Morocco or another VPN provider, check local laws before you connect to make sure you don’t do anything illegal.
Can I use a proxy to get a Moroccan IP address instead of a VPN?
It’s possible to use a proxy in Morocco to get a local IP address, but they aren’t as safe or reliable as VPNs. With limited server options, they fill up with too many users and slow down. Proxies also don’t have end-to-end encryption to hide all your activities from prying eyes.
The top VPNs on this list are fast, reliable, and provide much better security than proxy services. Plus, you can find VPN plans for only a little more money per month than what paid proxies cost. Most proxies also don’t have money-back guarantees unlike the VPNs I tested for this list. For example, you can try CyberGhost’s servers in Morocco for free by taking advantage of its refund policy of 45 days to get your money back when you’re done with it.
How do I check if my IP address has changed?
You can use this tool to check your current IP address. If you see Morocco on the map, you’ll know you have a local IP address and can use websites as if you’re in the country. If you still see your real location, your IP address hasn’t changed and you’ll need to reconnect and try again. Should you keep having issues, reach out to your VPN’s technical support team for help.
What else can a VPN do?
VPNs have some handy uses beyond getting IP addresses in other countries, including:
- Safe browsing on the Dark Web: The Dark Web is a popular hangout for cyberthieves, but you can take advantage of its benefits safely by hiding your connection with a VPN.
- Prevent eavesdropping on public networks: If you connect to WiFi at hotels, airports, cafes, or other public hotspots, you could be watched by network administrators. These hotspots are also targeted by hackers who exploit their weak security. Using a VPN to get a Moroccan IP address hides your connection, keeping you safer while you use the web on unfamiliar networks.
Access Morocco Content With a VPN
You should be able to keep up with Moroccan news and TV from anywhere, and a VPN with servers in Morocco is one of the only ways to do it. But since most VPNs don’t even have servers in Morocco, it’s a long process to find any that work. That’s why I did the research for you by testing over 30 VPNs to find fast, secure VPNs that can help you access local sites and content even when you’re using foreign or blocked networks.
CyberGhost has the largest and speediest network, making it my top choice for getting a Moroccan IP address. In addition to fast speeds on its large network for reliable connections, it keeps your devices safe and your online activities private. You can also test CyberGhost’s servers in Morocco for a few weeks and if you’re not satisfied, just request a refund within the 45-day money-back guarantee period. I went through the process myself and got my money back via 24/7 live chat within just 24 hours, with no questions asked.