Download and Install ExpressVPN on Any Device in 2022 (Free)
ExpressVPN is one of the fastest and secure VPNs, and that can be extended to its downloading process as well. In under 10 minutes, you can install ExpressVPN on any device to make sure they are secured.
ExpressVPN is a Virtual Private Network (VPN) and can hide your IP address so it can’t be tracked by third parties. It offers native apps for all major devices and operating systems including (but not limited to) macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS. So you’ll never have to worry about any device going unprotected.
ExpressVPN offers a 7-day free trial on mobile, and a 30-day money-back guarantee on all devices. You can test the VPN risk-free and if you decide that it’s not for you, you will get 100% of your money back. I will be talking about how smooth and easy the refund process is later on in this article.
Quick Guide: 3 Steps to Download ExpressVPN and Try It Today
- Sign up for ExpressVPN. You can choose a plan that fits you best but its annual plans will get you a discount of up to 49%. I was able to try out ExpressVPN without any risk thanks to its generous 30–day money-back-guarantee.
- Install ExpressVPN. Make sure to use the activation code you got after signing up and check that you have enough space on your drive before installing.
- Connect to a nearby server in over 94 countries. Your connection will be secure and all your data will be protected.
Why Choose ExpressVPN?
1. The Fastest Speeds On the Market
While connected to ExpressVPN, I didn’t see any drop in my speeds unless I connected to a farther server. A lot of VPNs tend to slow down connections due to the longer distances that data has to travel, but while I was testing ExpressVPN, my speeds never slowed down more than 25% of my base 105 Mbps speed.
2. Effectively streams Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go and Other Streaming Sites
As someone who travels a lot for work, I could easily access all my paid subscriptions while using ExpressVPN. I can enjoy movies and shows from Netflix’s US, South Korean, and Japanese libraries, regardless of where I might be in the world. ExpressVPN reliably accesses HBO Go, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer as well.
3. Advanced Security Features and a Clear No-Log Policy
I’m quite conscious about internet security, and using a VPN is a great way to ensure that my data stays private. ExpressVPN employs military-grade 256-bit encryption that keeps your internet traffic safe from data collectors. I also like how ExpressVPN’s no-logs policy assures me that none of my search logs are saved.
Additional security features include split tunneling, network lock, killswitch, and TrustedServer. Each will help make for a more secure connection and ExpressVPN’s TrustedServer ensures the best safety because it processes all of its data through ram instead of saving data to the harddrive.
4. Compatibility With a Lot of Devices and a Generous 5 Simultaneous Device Connections
One ExpressVPN subscription protects all of my personal devices at the same time. If I want to switch watching from my computer to my phone (I like watching shows to fall asleep), I can comfortably do so. As I’ve mentioned earlier, it’s compatible with most major devices, which makes it quite easy to use.
5. 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
ExpressVPN’s money-back guarantee allows you to try it on multiple devices and try it for 30 days. If you’re unsatisfied, you can claim a refund. Claiming a refund via live chat is easy: when I was testing the refund process, my request was approved in a few minutes and my money was in my account after a few days. ExpressVPN also has a 7-day free trial for mobile devices.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Different Devices
How to Install ExpressVPN on Windows
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs for Windows, with an easy-to-use native app. This quick tutorial will help you install ExpressVPN on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11, and above.
1. Sign up for ExpressVPN. If you haven’t already, purchase a plan from ExpressVPN’s order page. To sign up, you would need to provide your email address, and choose your preferred method of payment. Don’t forget to copy your activation code.
4. Paste your activation code. After installation, you will be prompted to sign in. Paste the activation code that you got after you signed up. You can also click “Sign In with Email Sign-In Link”, put in your email address, and wait until you receive an email from ExpressVPN. Then, click the link.
5. You’re all set. Choose and connect to the server of your choice, to enjoy a secure, high-speed connection.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Mac
This tutorial is for Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, and above.
1. Purchase an ExpressVPN subscription. You can purchase a plan from the ExpressVPN site. You can pay in a variety of ways, including credit card, Paypal, UnionPay, and Bitcoin. After you’ve paid, make sure you save your activation code.
2. Download the ExpressVPN app for Mac. Download the app from the ExpressVPN website, and install.
3. Paste your activation code. After the installation process is complete, you will be asked to sign in. Paste your activation code, and click the Sign In button again.
4. Connect to a server. Once you’ve signed in, you can choose a server to connect to, or connect to one of ExpressVPN’s suggested servers.
How to Install ExpressVPN Free on Android
This guide works for Android 12, 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop, and above.
1. Download the ExpressVPN app. You can find the app on Google Play, or through the ExpressVPN website.
3. Enjoy your 7-day free trial. Sign in, connect to a server, and enjoy your 7-day free trial.
How to Install ExpressVPN Free on iOS
This installment tutorial works with iOS 15, 14, 13, and 12.
1. Download the ExpressVPN app for iOS. Go to the App Store and search for ExpressVPN, then click “Get”. You can also download it from the ExpressVPN website by clicking the “Download App” button.
2. Sign up. Once it’s successfully installed, open the app. Click the “Start 7-day Free Trial” button. To sign up, you’re going to have to provide your email address.
3. You’re now subscribed to ExpressVPN. Sign in, and connect to a server. Enjoy your 7-day free trial!
How to Install ExpressVPN on Firestick
- Search and install the ExpressVPN Firestick app. You can do this simply by searching on your Firestick and selecting “Get”.
- Open your app and either sign in or create an account. Once the setup process is done you can log in to your account and choose whether to send an anonymous diagnostic report to ExpressVPN in the background.
- Choose your location. Selecting the power icon button will start an instant connection or you can choose the closest server for the fastest connection.
- You’re now connected and can start using your Firestick safely.
Why There’s No Such Thing a 100% Free VPN
Although there are some free VPNs out there that you don’t have to pay for, you’ll still risk leaking your information. These VPNs have limited security and usually sell your information to make up for the fact that it’s “free”. Besides security risks, they have terribly slow connection speeds, small bandwidth limitations, or a few server options (all because they want you to purchase a paid plan). Some free VPNs might even sell your data to third parties, or infect your device with malware/adware. Ultimately the biggest differences can be seen in the chart below between ExpressVPN and the top free VPNs.
|Speeds||No-logs policy||Money-back guarantee||Devices|
|ProtonVPN||✓||Good (but only on Premium)||✓||30||10|
FAQs on Downloading ExpressVPN Free for Android, Windows, and More
Do I need a credit card to download and install ExpressVPN?
No, you do not need a credit card to sign up for ExpressVPN’s 7-day free trial. All you need is an email address to install ExpressVPN on Android or iOS and use the trial. However, ExpressVPN’s 7-day free trial is only available on mobile. If you want to test ExpressVPN for longer, on all devices, it has a 30-day money-back guarantee. To try ExpressVPN’s money-back guarantee, you would need a credit card to pay for a plan. If you don’t like it, you can claim a refund.
Can I access Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and HBO with ExpressVPN?
Yes. ExpressVPN can safely access most major streaming platforms. Please make sure to look over each streaming site’s ToS to make sure that using a VPN isn’t against their guidelines. Each streaming site is different and has different rules and we don’t condone breaking them. Afterward if you still want to access your favorite shows safely from any device, I recommend trying ExpressVPN’s 30-day money back guarantee. It’s a great way to see if ExpressVPN is for you. If you decide that it’s not, you can easily claim a refund if you aren’t 100% satisfied.
How do I uninstall the ExpressVPN app?
Uninstalling ExpressVPN is as easy as installing it on various devices. Here’s a quick guide on how to install ExpressVPN, depending on which device it’s on.
For mobile devices (Android and iOS):
1. Long press the ExpressVPN app’s icon on your screen.
2. Depending on the device you’re using, you will see an option to remove or uninstall the app. Tap the button.
- If you’re an Android user, you could also see “App Info” — tap it and select Uninstall.
- For iOS users: if long-pressing the ExpressVPN app causes the apps to jiggle, simply click the remove icon to uninstall the app.
3. ExpressVPN is now uninstalled.
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock, and type Terminal on the field.
- Run this command: /Applications/ExpressVPN.app/Contents/Resources/uninstall.tool
- Type “yes” after the prompt. You will also be asked to enter your password to ensure that you really want to uninstall the app. Key in your password and press enter.
- You can now close the terminal. ExpressVPN is now uninstalled from your computer.
- Press the Windows button, and click on Settings.
- Type “Add or remove programs” on the search bar. Click it.
- You will see another search bar with “Search this list” in it. Type “ExpressVPN.”
- Click “ExpressVPN”, then the “Uninstall” button.
- ExpressVPN is now uninstalled.
Does ExpressVPN have a referral program?
ExpressVPN has an ongoing referral program for users who have existing ExpressVPN accounts. This is another great reason to sign up for ExpressVPN, if you haven’t yet. From your account dashboard, you will see the “Refer Friends” option on the left side. You can invite your friends by email, or by sending them a personalized link. You will get a free 30-day access for every friend you refer.
Does ExpressVPN work in India and China?
ExpressVPN works anywhere, including in countries like India and China. However, VPN use in these countries is restricted. While signing up for ExpressVPN is possible from anywhere, it’s very important to read up on the VPN regulations in your location. VPN use can vary from legal, to restricted, to completely illegal, depending on the country.
How do I cancel my ExpressVPN subscription?
ExpressVPN’s 7-day free trial for mobile ends automatically, meaning you don’t have to do anything. If you’ve decided to install ExpressVPN on your desktop/laptop, canceling ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee is easy. I tested how easy it was to cancel a subscription via live chat: I was connected to an agent in seconds, and my request was confirmed in minutes. The refund was back in my account in less than a week.
After you test all of ExpressVPN’s features and decide that it’s not for you, you can cancel your subscription on your dashboard. All you have to do is click “Subscription”, then select “Manage subscription settings”. In the “Automatic Renewal Settings” section, select “Turn off automatic renewal”, and confirm your settings. That’s it. Keep in mind that the turn off automatic renewal option will only appear if you haven’t turned off automatic renewal yet.
Download and Install ExpressVPN on Any Device in 2022
In terms of security, connection speeds, simultaneous devices, and securely accessing sites, ExpressVPN is definitely one of the best VPNs you can get in the market today. You have two options to see how well ExpressVPN works for you. The 7-day free trial is a good option, but it only lasts for 7 days, and works only on mobile.
The 30-day money-back guarantee gives you more time to test how suited ExpressVPN is to your needs. As long as you make the claim before the 30 days are up, you will get your money back, no questions asked. I prefer this option; it gave me enough time to test ExpressVPN’s speeds and see which sites it can access. The money-back guarantee allowed me to make a more informed, confident choice.