Whether you’re working remotely or in need of some technical support, TeamViewer has the tools you need to get the job done. The remote access software is not only easy to use but extremely secure as well.
It has tools for meetings with multiple users, screen sharing, video, and audio conferencing, Augmented Reality, and much more.
There are two TeamViewer plans, one for personal use and the other for commercial use, follow the instructions below, and I’ll show you how to get either one for free.
How to Download and Install TeamViewer for Free
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar and the TeamViewer download page will open in a new tab.
- Press the “Download for Free” button, and the TeamViewer setup file will download to your computer.
- When the file download is complete, open it to run the installation wizard.
- There are three installation options:
- Default Installation: Includes all the software components.
- Custom Installation: You can choose which components you need.
- Run Only (One Time Use): Use this option if you’re going to use TeamViewer immediately but won’t need it again.
- After you make your choice, click the “Accept – Next” button to agree to the license agreement and continue with the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, you’ll have the option to test the full-featured business program for 14 days. You will need to make an official request through the TeamViewer website and provide information on your company and contact information. If you want to continue with the free personal use option, click Finish, and TeamViewer will immediately launch.
How to Setup TeamViewer
- Give your computer a name that will easily allow you to identify it.
- Create a secure password and click Next.
- If you don’t have a free TeamViewer account, you can create one now. Add your email address and your password and click Next.
- You will be assigned an ID number and password. The ID is needed when someone wants to connect with your computer.
- To connect with someone else’s computer, enter their ID and click the Connect button.
How to Uninstall TeamViewer
If TeamViewer isn’t the right program for you, check out some of the free alternatives below.
You can uninstall TeamViewer in a few easy steps.
- Type “Add or Remove Programs” in the Windows search bar and click the Enter key.
- Find TeamViewer in the list of installed programs and click the Uninstall button.
- The TeamViewer uninstallation wizard will open. You’ll be given the option to keep or delete all your settings. After you decide, click the Finish button, and the software will be removed from your computer.
Remotely connect to other devices with the free TeamViewer software. The remote access program allows you to give control of your device to other users, which can be helpful if you’re experiencing technical troubles or want to collaborate with team members on a project. There is very little technical knowledge needed to connect with another device. As long as they have TeamViewer installed on their device, they can enter your ID number and get access to your desktop. The program is compatible with nearly every major platform, including Windows, Android, Apple iOS, Mac, Linux, and Raspberry Pi.
- Strong Security: All remote connections are secured with 256-bit end-to-end encryption to prevent any unauthorized users or hackers from accessing your data. Additionally, there is a two-factor authorization required to connect, so even if the User ID is compromised, bad actors won’t be able to gain remote access to your desktop.
- Host Meetings: A great solution for remote meetings or working with teams in multiple locations. You can connect, turn on your microphone and webcam, share your screen with multiple users, and set up a meeting schedule.
- Transfer files: Quickly and securely transfer large files between connected devices.
- Augmented Reality: A new feature added to TeamViewer, you can put stickers, text, or highlights on the connected device. This is an excellent technical support solution because it allows you to show which button to push or wire to cut clearly.
Free Alternatives to TeamViewer
- AnyDesk: A lightweight and fast program, AnyDesk is a secure remote management software that works with most operating systems. In addition to desktop access, users can also quickly transfer files and use the printer.
- Splashtop: A fast and reliable remote access tool, Splashtop is also extremely secure. With two-factor authorization and TLS encryption, all connections are protected.
?Is TeamViewer free?
Follow the instructions above, and I’ll show you how to download TeamViewer 100% free. You can also get a free 14-day trial of the fully-featured business plan in addition to the free non-commercial option.
?Is TeamViewer secure?
TeamViewer is an extremely secure remote access program. All connections are secured with end-to-end encryption and require two-factor authorization to connect. Additionally, it is certified by many different organizations, including HIPAA, ISO 9001 OSOC2, and complied with all GDPR rules.
?Do all connected computers need to download TeamViewer?
Yes. You can think of TeamViewer as a telephone that is needed to connect the different devices. There is an option during the installation process for a single-use installation. This is a good option should you need to quickly connect with someone who doesn’t have the program installed on their computer.Visit TeamViewer Website