The Nero Burning ROM free trial gives you more than enough time to back up your favorite pictures, documents, music, movies, and other files before it expires. This will not only free up valuable space on your computer but will improve its performance as well.
Follow the steps below and get 7 days of free access.
How to Download Nero Burning ROM for Free
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar to jump directly to the official Nero download page.
- Scroll down through the Nero products until you see Nero Burning ROM and click on the big Download button.
- You will have to enter a valid email address before the download begins.
- Once the file finishes downloading, double click on the file to open the installer.
- Enter the password that was sent to your email.
- A window will open and ask for the serial number, you can ignore this and click on the little link underneath that says skip for now. You will see a message asking you if you’re sure and that you won’t have access to some features. Click OK.
- The Nero interface will open and you’ll have access to Nero Burning ROM for free for 7 days.
How to Uninstall Nero Burning ROM
If at the end of the 7-day trial you decide that you don’t want to purchase the program, you can remove it completely from your computer in 2 easy steps and find free alternatives to Nero Burning ROM below.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar
- Scroll down the page until you see Nero Burning ROM. Click Uninstall and it will be removed from your computer.
You might also see two other Nero products installed, Nero Core and Nero Info. When Burning ROM is finished with the uninstallation, you can remove these two programs as well.
Nero Burning ROM Overview
Nero has come a long way from its early days as freeware software that could burn MP3s to CDS. Using its proprietary SecurDisc 4.0 technology, Nero Burning ROM can burn all types of media files to CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray. You can even password protect the data, to prevent unauthorized people from seeing its contents.
- Convert audio files to a different format such as MP3, APE, and FLAC.
- Give your CDs a professional look by designing or importing an album cover.
- Using Gracenote technology, Nero Burning ROM is able to retain the high-quality of the original files.
- Encrypt private files with strong 256-bit encryption passwords.
- Minor scratches won’t prevent Nero discs from playing or showing the data contained on the CD.
- A detailed tutorial will guide you as you burn your first few discs.
Ease of Use
For the most part, Nero Burning ROM is an extremely user-friendly program. You can drag and drop the files you want to burn. As you add files, you will see how much space you’re using on the disc for data, or how much time, if you’re burning music or video files.
Once you have added all the files, you can go into the setting and choose if you want to turn on the autorun feature or change any of the default settings. I don’t recommend making changes to the settings unless you know what you’re doing. Once everything is ready, click on the “Burn Now” button and the files will be copied to your CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc.
Nero Burning ROM doesn’t include software that can convert video files to a different format. For example, if you want to burn an MP4 file to Blu-ray you will have to find a different program that can convert the file to a BDMV format. Nero has a program called Nero Vision that can do this, but it isn’t a free program.
Free Alternatives to Nero Burning ROM
While Nero is the best software for burning CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray, if you’re looking for a program that remains free even after the first week, check out these alternatives:
- ImgBurner: A lightweight program with advanced features, ImgBurner can burn files to a CD, DVD, HD-DVD, and Blu-ray. It comes with an easy-to-use interface and can convert nearly any format to ISO. While ImgBurn is free, it does include some PUPs that can be added to your computer during the installation.
- CDBurnerXP: Don’t be fooled by its name, this program works with all versions of Windows (not just XP) and can burn more than just CDs. One of its best features is a built-in BIN to ISO converter. The interface is available in multiple languages and is very easy to use.
🤑Is there a 100% free version of Nero Burning ROM?
Nero initially released its CD ripping software as freeware. While you might be able to find a copy of the Nero Essentials 9 software, there is no way to guarantee that the program is safe to download. It is only available through third-party sites that are known to add additional software or malware to the installers.
The best advice is to get all your files ready and then during the 7-day free trial, burn all your CDs for free.
😇Is Nero Burning ROM safe?
I tested the file in VirusTotal and it came up clean. As long as you follow the instructions in this guide and download the program from the official Nero website, you shouldn’t have any trouble with viruses, malware, ransomware, etc.
😎Does Nero Burning ROM secure the data on the CD?
There is the option to password protect the data on the CD. You will have to set the password before you burn the CD.
🤩Can I add new files on the disc after the initial burning is completed?
Yes. One of the many advanced features that come with Nero Burning ROM is called Multisession. This allows you to add files multiple times to the disc. You have to go to the settings before burning the CD and enable this option, otherwise, the program will finalize the disc, and then nothing can be added.
🤓Can Nero Burning ROM burn ISO files to CD/DVD?
Yes, it will burn ISO files, just follow these steps:
- Click File and then Open.
- Select the ISO image you want to burn and click Open.
- When the “Burn the compilation” window opens choose whether you want to burn it to a CD or DVD and enter the file size.
- Pick the write speed you want.
- Check the box next to “Finalize CD/DVD” – if you don’t finalize it, you will be able to add files later on, but until it’s finalized a CD or DVD player won’t be able to read the file.