KMPlayer is an ad-free audio and video player that works with most file formats. It can play high-quality video formats such as 4K, 8K, UHD, and 60FPS. However, what really sets it apart from other free video players are the advanced features, such as image processing, syncing audio and video, 3D playback, and it can record video and audio files.
Follow the steps below and download KMPlayer for free.
How to Download KMPlayer for Free
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar to go directly to the official KMPlayer download page.
- Select your operating system.
- A pop-window will open, and with a request to buy a member of the KMPlayer team a cup of coffee. While it’s cute, you don’t have to donate money; you can just click on the download button.
- When the file finishes downloading, double click on it to open the installation manager.
- If you don’t have Microsoft Visual C++ on your system, you will have to give Microsoft permission to install the necessary components.
- When it completes, click “Finish” on the installation wizard, and you can start watching videos right away.
How to Uninstall KMPlayer
If KMPlayer isn’t working right for you, or you just aren’t using it, it can easily be removed in a few simple steps. If you’re still looking for a free video player, check out the free KMPlayer alternatives below.
- Type “Add or Remove” in the Windows search bar.
- Scroll through the list of programs until you find KMPlayer and click “Uninstall.”
- The Uninstallation wizard will open and ask you to confirm that you want to delete the program.
- Before the file is completely removed, the wizard will ask you if you want to remove your preferences. If you have no plans to download KMPlayer again, click yes. Otherwise, click no, and should you reinstall the program, all your preferences will be automatically applied.
KMPlayer has consistently been one of the most popular free video players since it was first released in 2002. It has been able to maintain its high popularity thanks to frequent updates and improvements.
While you can just open any video and start playing, there are many settings and features that are important for a more advanced user.
- Works with most video formats, including Blu-ray and DVD
- High-quality video codecs: In addition to standard codecs, it also works with HEVC (h.265), h.264, and VP9
- Plays VR and 3D formats
- Syncs audio and video: There are few things as annoying as watching a video where the audio is lagging by a second or two. The audio sync tool makes it easy to correct this.
- Download videos from social media sites: You can download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Daily Motion. Before the download starts, a copyright warning will appear, and you will have to state that you understand it might be illegal in your region. If you plan on downloading videos from YouTube, I recommend using a VPN, which will hide your IP address and keep you anonymous online.
- Subtitles: KMPlayer makes it easy to upload and sync subtitles
- Playlist: Create a playlist of audio and video files
- Video and Audio rendering
- Create GIFs: Record and save videos to a GIF format
- Uses hardware acceleration function: This reduces CPU usage. This allows anyone to watch HD videos, even if they don’t have a high-end video driver. Additionally, it won’t slow down your computer if you’re watching the video and using other programs at the same time.
Free Alternatives to KMPlayer
- VLC: This the most downloaded open-source video player. VLC has many great features. It can play just about any video file and has a built-in subtitle search feature. Some of the other features include playing while they are still being downloaded, it can play ZIP files, and you can create playlists.
- GOM Player: With many great features, such as a codec search tool, subtitle finder, and playing 360-degree videos, GOM Player is an excellent video player. The only complaint I have is that if you don’t subscribe to the premium version, you’ll see a lot of ads on the video player.
🤑Is KMPlayer free?
Not only is the program 100% free, but there are no ads either. If you’d like to thank the KMPlayer team for their hard work and help sponsor the next version, they do take donations, as you can see in the How To Download section.
😇Is KMplayer safe?
I personally tested the KMPlayer file in VirusTotal, which scans the file in 63 different antivirus programs, and there weren’t any virus alerts. Additionally, as long as you download the file from the official KMPlayer website, there is no adware or extra programs hiding waiting to be installed on your computer.
😎Are there legal issues with using the Download feature to grab videos from YouTube and Facebook?
The truth is it depends on where you live. Some countries don’t have laws against downloading copyrighted videos, while you can be subject to a fine in other countries. Therefore, if you’re going to download videos, I recommend using a VPN to hide your real IP address.
🤓What formats can KMPlayer play?
KMPlayer can play over 40 different file formats, including Avi, MPEG, MP4, QuickTime, 3GP, RealMedia, Flash Video, WMV, shockwave, FLAC, WAV, Blu-ray, and more.Visit KMPlayer Website