Stay in touch with friends and family around the world with Imo, a free messenger app for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. With Imo you’ll be able to send messages, make video and voice calls, transfer files, and more.
How to Download Imo for Free on Windows
Imo for Desktop is not a standalone program, you will need to first download it from the Play or App Store.
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar to visit the Imo download page.
- Choose the file for your system and it will instantly download to your computer.
- After the download is complete, double click on the file to launch the Installation Wizard.
- Follow the instructions in the Wizard, and click Launch Imo when you’re done.
- If you don’t have an Imo mobile app you will need to download it now.
- Sync your mobile app with your desktop to receive all your messages on the computer.
How to Uninstall Imo
If you find that you’re not using Imo that much, you can remove it from your computer by following these easy steps. You can still stay in touch with friends and family with any of the free messenger app alternatives below.
- Type in Add or Remove Program in the Windows search bar.
- Scroll down until you find Imo and click Uninstall.
- The program will be completely removed from your computer
While not quite as popular as WhatsApp or Viber, Imo has carved out a nice niche for itself in the battle of popular messenger apps. In addition to sending and receiving messages, you’ll be able to make free voice and video calls to other Imo users. The quality of the calls is very good, for both the video and voice calls, provided you have a stable and fast internet connection.
Whether it’s because your friends are on it, or you specifically don’t want WhatsApp -because you don’t trust Facebook – IMO is the perfect solution for you
Desktop Application Makes it Easy to Stay in Touch
The Imo for Desktop application is a great solution if you’re at your computer and don’t want to constantly check your phone for the latest messages. Unlike some other messenger platforms, with Imo you can make calls from your desktop as well.
Send More Than Just Messages
In addition to sending messages and making calls, the Imo file transfer feature is a great way to send pictures, documents, PDFs, contact information, and more. You can also find a wide variety of emoji stickers to share with your contacts, so they’ll know exactly how you’re feeling.
Make Sure Your Friends Are on Imo
The biggest downside with Imo is that you can only send messages to other Imo users. While the app is growing in popularity in parts of the world, it isn’t as well known as WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype.
Free Alternatives to Imo
If you don’t have friends that are on Imo, you can probably find them on one of these apps:
- WhatsApp: With over a billion active users, it seems like everyone is on WhatsApp these days. Make unlimited video and voice calls to anywhere in the world, provided your contact is also on WhatsApp. Some other features include sending audio notes, live location updates, sending files, broadcast messages, and groups.
- Viber: Not only can you make free video and voice calls from both the Viber mobile and desktop app, but you can also buy credits and make cheap calls to regular numbers as well.
- Skype: One of the original VoIP programs, Skype still ranks as one of the best free messenger apps. Skype with other users for free or purchase credits and make inexpensive international phone calls.
💰Is Imo free?
You can use Imo for free! There are no hidden upgrade costs!
🔍Is Imo safe?
When it was first released, Imo didn’t have a great reputation regarding security. They’ve since updated the app and patched the vulnerabilities. Currently, all calls and messages are encrypted to prevent third parties from reading the texts or listening in on video and voice calls.
🔒Imo is banned in my country, what can I do?
There are some countries, such as the UAE and China that have banned the use of Imo. With the right VPN, you can avoid these censors and stay in touch with friends and family around the world.
❓Can I use Imo without a Sim card?
You will need an active phone to verify your Imo account. Once the account is verified, you no longer need an active Sim card, but you will need an internet connection to send and receive messages and phone calls.Visit Imo Website