eMule is one of the original peer-to-peer sharing programs. It was created in 2002 and has seen more than 4 billion files shared over its servers.
One of the advantages of eMule is the fast transfer speeds that allow for large files to be downloaded quickly. The speed is directly related to the number of people uploading the file.
Check out the steps for downloading eMule and enjoy its lightning speeds to quickly download every series or movie in the world!
How to Download eMule for Free
- Click on the Download button to jump directly to the eMule download page.
- There are two versions of eMule, the community version or the official version. Since the official version is more stable, that’s the one we will download. Click on the Download link, and the file will download to your computer.
- When the download is complete, double click on the file to run the installer; you’ll have to choose your language and click next several times. Don’t worry; you aren’t agreeing to let any unwanted software to be added to your computer during the installation process.
How to Uninstall eMule
If you decide that eMule isn’t the P2P software for you, it can be easily uninstalled in just a few quick steps.
- Type Add or Remove in the Windows search bar.
- Scroll down until you find eMule and click Uninstall
Check out the free alternatives below for some other great file-sharing programs.
If you want to download or transfer videos, music, texts, and even rare content, eMule is the perfect P2P program.
You can use eMule’s advanced search function to look through its entire network to find the files you want to download. Once you enter a search term, all eMule servers will communicate to help find the file you’re searching for quickly. The more people that have the file and are actively uploading, the faster the transfer speeds will be for you.
Tip: Be as specific as possible when searching for a file. Due to the stress on the servers, eMule will only show the 200 most relevant results.
eMule rewards users that frequently upload files to the servers with a credit system. You can earn credits when uploading popular files, which will increase the speeds for other users. These credits can be used to lower the amount of time you have to wait for your downloads to start.
How eMule Works
Two of the most common types of file sharing are torrent files and download websites. For torrents, you need a BitTorrent client like uTorrent or BitTorrent, and you have to be careful because download sites aren’t reliable and are usually infested with ads and malware.
eMule uses a different method that has worked for nearly two decades. Connect with a server and then enter what you’re looking for in the search box. The eMule network will search for the files you want, and the download can begin. This helpful when searching for something that isn’t necessarily on torrents.
The one major downside of eMule is that it’s only as good as the people on its network. If no one uploads a particular file, it won’t be found. For the program to remain successful, it has to retain an active community of core users.
Don’t Worry, eMule is still Growing in Popularity
eMule has an extremely loyal user base that held on while torrenting was becoming the number 1 method for downloading large files. As the torrent wave calmed down, eMule was able to make a comeback and become even more popular than ever.
There are several reasons why eMule is still popular:
- It’s 100% free and open-source.
- There is no adware, malware, viruses, ransomware.
- Easy to use
- Fast transfer speeds
- Upload credit system
- Loyal user base
One Major Flaw With eMule (and an easy solution)
Downloading, uploading, and sharing files on eMule is extremely easy. The problem is the lack of anonymity. Each time you connect to the network, the system will show your IP address. This can be used to ID your computer’s location, the name of your ISP, and can eventually be tracked down to you. There are a few problems with this.
- Your ISP can slow down your internet speed if they see you are doing data-heavy work.
- If you are downloading or sharing copyrighted materials, you could face a fine or even jail time.
The best way to avoid this, and still enjoy the benefits of eMule, is to invest in a VPN. A VPN will reroute your internet connection to a remote server, it doesn’t even have to be in the country as you, which will give you an anonymous IP address. Once you are connected to the VPN, you can securely connect with the eMule server of your choice. The WizCase online security team reviewed and tested all the top VPNs to find the best VPNs for eMule.
Free Alternatives to eMule
If you’re not able to find the files that you want, or are just not happy with eMule, I have several free eMule alternatives for you to try.
- uTorrent: Using the popular BitTorrent protocol, uTorrent is one of the best free torrenting programs you can download. You don’t need any technical background to download and use it, although there are advanced settings that an experienced user will enjoy. One of the nice features included in the uTorrent Web program is that you can watch videos while the download is still in process.
- BitTorrent: The original torrent software for computers, BitTorrent has several great features. In addition to bulk downloads, you can assign priority levels to speed up downloads of the videos or music you want to finish first. It also allows you to set a limit on your upload and download speeds, which preserve network resources for tasks.
🤑Is eMule free?
eMule is 100% free and open-source. There are no hidden costs or special privileges for paying members.
😇Is eMule Legal?
eMule is peer-to-peer file sharing platform. It doesn’t host anything on its servers, it just allows for the files to be transferred. Therefore, the program itself is completely legal. However, some users who are sharing pirated software or media may be breaking the law in their country.
😎Is eMule secure?
There are no known viruses, malware, ransomware, etc. associated with the eMule download. However, you should always be careful when file sharing since you never know what is really going to be downloaded to your computer. It’s highly recommended that you use a strong antivirus program, such as BitDefender, that will scan the files before installing them on your computer.
😁Which is better eMule or uTorrent?
Both programs have loyal customers who can present a strong argument as to which of these programs is better. However, if you have no allegiance to either one, it really comes down to what types of files you are looking to transfer. If you’re looking for rarer content, or files that are not torrents, I’d recommend using eMule. However, for basic movies and music, uTorrent is the way to go.
🤩Will a VPN slow down my transfer speed?
Most VPNs will reduce the transfer speeds since they are rerouting your internet traffic to a remote server. However, if you’re using one of the best VPNs and a server that isn’t on the other side of the world, the change in speed should be minimal. If you are unfamiliar with VPNs, I highly recommend reading this beginner’s guide to VPNs.Visit EMule Website