PowerDVD is an all-in-one media player and organizer that works across most devices and even extends to the TV. It works with nearly every video and audio format, including physical DVDs and Blu-rays, plus it can turn any collection of pictures into a slideshow.
PowerDVD scans your entire device and groups all the media according to different categories, with sections for photos, music, TV shows, and movies. There is also a tab that shows you all the media in one location.
While PowerDVD is typically a premium product, follow the instruction below, and I’ll show you how to get 30 days for free without having to enter your payment information.
How to Download and Install CyberLink PowerDVD for Free
- Click the Download button on the sidebar, and the PowerDVD download page will open in a new tab.
- Press the Download Now button, and the EXE file will automatically download to your computer.
- After the file finishes downloading to your computer, open it, and the setup wizard will begin.
- Press Start to download the software.
- When the download is complete, click the Install Now button.
- Choose your preferred language and destination folder, or use the default option, and click Next.
- You will have to click the Accept button to agree to the License Agreement.
- PowerDVD will install on your computer.
- When the installation is complete, press the Launch PowerDVD button.
How to Create a PowerDVD Account
- When you first open PowerDVD, you will have the option to set up PC Mode or TV Mode. Whichever one you choose, you will need to log in to your CyberLink account. If you don’t have an account yet, click the Quick Registration button.
- Enter a valid email and create a secure password.
- A verification email will be sent to you when you press the Activate My Account button to validate your account.
- Now you can return to the PowerDVD window and log in to your new account.
How To Uninstall PowerDVD
If PowerDVD isn’t the right media player and organizer for you, perhaps one of the free alternatives below will be a better fit for you. The software is easy to uninstall from your computer completely; just follow these simple steps.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search and press the Enter key.
- Scroll through the list of installed programs until you find CyberLink PowerDVD, and click Uninstall.
- Confirm that you want to delete the PowerDVD, and the uninstaller program will completely remove it from your computer.
CyberLink PowerDVD Overview
Like a fine wine, Cyberlink PowerDVD seems to get better with age. Unlike wine, which gets better naturally, the CyberLink team behind PowerDVD continues to add new features and improvements with each new release. What started out as a reliable software for playing a physical DVD on your computer has turned into one of the most complete multimedia programs available.
PowerDVD has all the latest codec installed in its library, which allows it to play nearly any digital file, in addition to actual DVDs and Blu-rays. It supports HD viewing, including 4K and 8K.
The program is very easy to use, and PowerDVD will organize all your digital media on your computer, including photos, music, TV shows, and movies. It will automatically categorize the videos by TV show or movie, genre, year released, star rating system, recently played, or not yet viewed.
- Seamless Playback: PowerDVD will save your stopping point in any video and automatically restart it in the same spot, even if you’re watching on a different device.
- TrueTheater: The video and audio enhancements that are made to your videos will give them the feeling of being watched at the theater. This includes extended GPU support for HDR 10.
- Online Videos: PowerDVD can stream videos directly from YouTube and Vimeo.
- VR Compatible: Connect your VR device to your computer or phone for the full 360-degree experience.
- Streams to your TV: PowerDVD is compatible with Chromecast, Roku, and AppleTV.
- Add Bookmarks: You can add a bookmark to any video. This makes it easy to go back to a specific part of the movie without having to fast-forward and rewind.
- Access your media from anywhere: You’ll get 2GB of storage on the CyberLink cloud, which makes it easy to share your videos with friends and family, and access your content from anywhere.
Free Alternatives to CyberLink PowerDVD
- VLC Player: The free open-source media player can handle just about any video or audio format. Don’t be fooled by the minimalist design; it’s a powerful software that allows users to create playlists, add subtitles, play compressed ZIP files, and open torrents while they are still downloading.
- GOM Player: A free video player with many advanced features, GOM Player can handle the vast majority of video formats. You can download a GOM remote to control playback from your phone, an internal tool that lets you search YouTube for 360-degree videos, and a subtitle finder tool.
?Is CyberLink PowerDVD free?
Unfortunately, PowerDVD doesn’t have a completely free version. However, if you follow the steps above, I’ll show you how to get 30 days for free without entering any payment information.
?Is CyberLink PowerDVD safe?
As long as you download the official PowerDVD software, as opposed to a “cracked PowerDVD” copy, you won’t have to worry about viruses, malware, or spyware.
?Can I add subtitles on PowerDVD?
Not only can you turn on subtitles for your videos, but with PowerDVD, you can add a secondary subtitle as well. However, there is no subtle finder, you will have to download the files, and then you can upload them to PowerDVD.
?What are PC Mode and TV Mode?
PowerDVD has two ways to watch the media on your computer. With PC Mode, the playback controls are on your PC while TV Mode sends your videos to the TV through a Chromecast, Roku, or Apple TV, and you can control it with a remote control.Visit CyberLink PowerDVD Website