Adobe Lightroom is an image editing software that was designed specifically for editing pictures from phones and cameras. It includes all the tools you’ll need to make your pictures look just the way you want, organize them for an album, or share them on social media.
Get a free 7-day trial when you follow these instructions and download Adobe Lightroom.
How to Download and Install Adobe Lightroom for Free
- Click on the Download button on the sidebar, and the free trial page for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom will open.
- Press the Try for Free button.
- A new page will open with three Adobe products. Click the Free Trial button under the Lightroom description.
- Enter your email address and click continue.
- You will have to enter your credit card information, but you won’t be charged until your free trial ends. Then press the Start Free Trial button.
- Set your password and click Continue to complete the account setup, and the .exe file will automatically download to your computer.
- Click on the file to open the installer, and then click on the Continue button to begin the installation process.
- A browser window will open, and you will have to log in to your Adobe account. Once this is done, return to the installer and press the Start Installer button.
- The Adobe Creative Cloud will download to your desktop, and when the installation is complete, it will automatically start to download the Lightroom application.
- While Lightroom is installing, Adobe will have a questionnaire asking what your role is in your company. You can either answer the questions or press the Skip Question button.
How to Cancel Adobe Lightroom Account
Unfortunately, when you cancel your account, you will instantly lose access to Lightroom. This means that you’ll have to remember to cancel your account before the billing period begins at the end of your free trial. Follow these steps to cancel your account.
- Log in to your Adobe account.
- Click on the View Plan Details button.
- Click Cancel Plan.
- Adobe will verify your account either with an email, or you will have to enter your password.
- Adobe will ask why you’re canceling your account. Choose from any of the options and click Continue.
- In another attempt to change your mind, Adobe will offer different deals to convince you to stay. If you still want to cancel, click the No Thanks button at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, confirm that you want to cancel your account.
How to Uninstall Adobe Lightroom
If you still have some editing that needs to be done after your free Lightroom trial is over, check out these free alternatives below.
You can delete Adobe Lightroom in a few simple steps.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar.
- Find Adobe Lightroom in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall.
- If you think you’re going to download Lightroom in the future, you can choose to save your preferences. Otherwise, you can remove them as well.
- The Adobe Creative Cloud will uninstall Lightroom.
Please Note: This will not delete the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you want to delete it as well, follow the same steps as above, but select the Creative Cloud and click Uninstall.
Adobe Lightroom Overview
Download Adobe Lightroom and discover how easy it is to enhance your photos digitally. The isn’t as complex as Adobe’s other photo editing software, Photoshop, and you’ll be able to crop, enhance, and easily share your pictures.
If you’ve never edited a photo before, you’ll like the automatic editing feature. This will make minor adjustments, such as fixing underexposed images, adjusting the lighting, straightening the images, and resizing pictures. These will help give your pictures a professional look without you having to worry about damaging the original or learning to use complex tools. Lightroom will also prepare pictures to be printed in albums or uploaded to social media sites.
Adobe Lightroom Features
- Many helpful guides: These tutorials will guide everyone from a new user learning to use the basic tools to the advanced editor who needs help understanding how to make a complex edit.
- Large selection of filters and effects: Personalize your pictures by applying professional or fun filters and effects.
- Organizational Tools: Smart AI can group images based on objects, such as trees, mountains, football, basketball, and more. It can also recognize faces and group them together as well. This can be helpful if you’re creating an album and looking for specific pictures.
- Customize your workbench: Lightroom lets you create a preset setting for enhancements and editing. This means that if you worked hard to create the perfect combination of filter, coloring, and effect, you can save it and easily apply those settings to other images.
- Edit multiple images at once: With batch editing, you can apply the same filter, size, and lighting adjustments to multiple pictures at the same time.
- Works with RAW images: RAW images are the best quality images for most DSLR cameras. Lightroom can adjust the exposure and white balance, add colors, switch the image to black and white, and adjust brightness, all without losing, reducing the picture’s quality.
Free Alternatives to Adobe Lightroom
- Photoshop: One of the best graphic editors, Photoshop, is a layer-based software that allows you to make changes without harming the original file. In addition to editing images, Photoshop can be used to create images, brochures, and other marketing materials. While it isn’t completely free, Photoshop does offer a free 30-day trial, which is great if you need it to work on a specific project.
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite: A vector graphics editor that has all the tools you need for photo editing, page layouts, and designing professional designs. The suite includes several tools, including Corel PHOTO-PAINT, CorelDRAW, PowerTRACE, and CoreCAPTURE, that can all be used to get your images looking exactly how you want.
🤑Is Adobe Lightroom free?
Generally speaking, Adobe Lightroom requires either a monthly or annual subscription. However, if you follow the instructions above, I’ll show you how you get Lightroom free for 7 days.
🤩Is Lightroom a good editing program for beginners?
Yes! Lightroom has several tools that make it easy for beginners to get started. For starters, the auto-editing option, while not perfect, is a great way to get started enhancing your images. Adobe also has an active community board for asking questions and comprehensive tutorials that will guide you through different tools and how to use them properly.
🤔What’s the difference between Lightroom and Photoshop?
While both programs have excellent editing tools, Lightroom is designed for photographers to edit pictures. At the same time, Photoshop is an excellent image editor that has a lot more features and tools.Visit Adobe Lightroom Website