How to Watch the 2021 NBA Playoffs From Anywhere
After doing extensive research, I created this list of official broadcasters for the 2021 NBA Playoffs that won’t require you to risk your internet security. Although these sports streaming providers only work if you’re in a supported country, you can easily access them all with a VPN.
After testing 15+ of the best VPNs available, I shortlisted the 3 best VPNs for watching the 2021 NBA Playoffs live online. ExpressVPN is my top pick with speedy and lag-free servers for the best streaming experience. Thanks to its “no questions asked” 30 day money-back guarantee, you can use ExpressVPN to watch the NBA Playoffs risk-free.
Quick Guide: 3 Easy Steps to Watch the NBA Playoffs From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. ExpressVPN has super-fast servers for watching the NBA Playoff in the highest quality.
- Connect to a server. Select a server in a country where your chosen streaming service is based.
- Sign up for an International NBA League Pass for access from a variety of countries. You can also watch the NBA Playoffs on any of the other streaming services listed below!
Where to Watch the 2021 NBA Playoffs Without Cable
You can watch the NBA Playoffs on multiple sites without a cable subscription, but be aware that some of these services require a local credit card or PayPal account.
- NBA League Pass (Worldwide) — The NBA League Pass is the best place to watch the NBA Playoffs. The International League Pass is free from blackout restriction and covers a wide array of countries. It also gives you flexibility to find a country that accepts your chosen payment method. Plus, there’s a 7-day free trial available if you’d like to try the service before committing.
- AT&T TV Now (US) — Premium plan that offers 45+ channels with its starter package (with ABC, ESPN, and NBC included for playoff streaming).
- DAZN (US, Canada, Germany, Italy + More) — One of the cheaper plans on this list and streams NBA and other international sports.
- fuboTV (US) — Quite expensive, but an excellent all-round streaming option with a 7-day free trial. You can also watch behind-the-scenes content with access to NBA TV.
- Hulu + Live TV (US) — A huge amount of national and regional networks can be accessed with a premium subscription. You can try it risk-free with a 7-day free trial.
- Sling TV (US) — If you’re only following one team, you can get a more affordable Team Pass. You also have the option for a NBA League Pass package to have access to pre-season games through the playoffs.
- Sportsnet (US, Canada) — One of the cheapest options on the list covering a range of international sports, including the NHL, NFL, UFC, and MLB.
- TSN Direct (US, Canada) — The cheapest monthly plan on this list, which offers a wide range of global sporting events.
- YouTube TV (US) — One of the most expensive streaming services, but has a wide range of sports and regular broadcasting. It also has a 7-day free trial.
How a VPN Can Help You Watch the 2021 NBA Playoffs
Due to country-specific licensing agreements, if you’re traveling outside of the country your streaming service is based in you’ll be blocked from watching the NBA Playoffs.
While you may think free unlicensed streams are the solution, I don’t recommend using them. They are often infected with ads or malware, putting your devices or personal data at risk. These streams also often get taken offline in the middle of a game — the worst thing before your team scores!
Connecting to a VPN swaps your IP address with one associated with your VPN server. This means your streaming service will only see the server’s IP address so you’ll be able to access your account without issue.
Throughout my testing, ExpressVPN gave me access to NBA live streams in under 5 seconds and its high speeds prevented any lags. With ExpressVPN’s 30-day “no questions asked” money-back guarantee, you can test ExpressVPN for yourself before committing to a plan.
Note: Before you connect to a VPN, read through your chosen streaming service’s Terms & Conditions. Though using a VPN may not violate them, streaming from a country where you didn’t purchase your account could.
3 Best VPNs to Watch the NBA Playoffs in June 2021
- 3000 global servers and hundred in the US to easily unblock the most NBA content
- High-speed servers with no buffering while streaming
- Watch NBA Playoff games on up to 5 devices at once
- 24/7 email and live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is the #1 VPN for watching 2021 NBA Playoff games for its ultra-responsive server network that can unblock broadcasters from anywhere. I was able to watch with multiple official NBA Playoff broadcasters, including NBA League Pass, DAZN, Hulu, and Sling TV. You’ll have the best NBA Playoffs experience with ExpressVPN’s high-performance servers combined with these services’ high-quality streams!
It takes only a few seconds to get connected to ExpressVPN — just choose from the list or search for a country. After I tested multiple countries, they all took less than 6 seconds and the closest servers took just 2 seconds to connect! I was impressed with ExpressVPN’s super-fast servers with no buffering during my tests. This gives you more time to watch every shot rather than wait for a stream to load, which is especially important during live broadcasts!
The speeds you get with ExpressVPN are more than fast enough for quality streaming so you don’t miss any buzzer beaters during the playoffs. Surprisingly, my slowest speed during testing was 126Mbps with the New York servers (13,000 km+ from me!). I was able to watch the game while simultaneously downloading multiple files and browsing the web without any interruption.
You can try ExpressVPN to watch the NBA Playoffs risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. I signed up for a month subscription and contacted customer support through the 24/7 live chat after 2 weeks of testing its features. The agent approved the refund with no questions asked and the whole process took less than 5 minutes! I had the money back in my account just 4 days later. You can get your refund even faster (within a few hours) if you paid with PayPal.
ExpressVPN unblocks: Hulu, DAZN, Fox Sports, beIN Sports, BT Sport, YouTubeTV, Sling TV, NBC Sports, Amazon Prime Video, BBC Sport, Sky Go, AT&T TV, and more.
ExpressVPN works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Chromebook, Kodi, Linux, Android TV, Fire TV, various smart TVs, select routers, and more.
June 2021 Update! ExpressVPN has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $6.67 per month for the 1-year plan (you can save up to 49%) + 3 months free! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 6900 worldwide servers and thousands in the US for quality streams
- 2 optimized sports streaming servers with fast speeds
- Watch NBA Playoff games on up to 7 devices simultaneously
- Customer support available through live chat or email
- 45-day money-back guarantee
CyberGhost’s optimized servers make it easy to get connected to a fast server for watching the NBA Playoffs. It has 4 dedicated sports streaming servers with NBA Playoff access (ESPN, Sling TV, Hulu, and YouTube TV) that are specially optimized for streaming. These will give you the least lag and fastest speeds for high-quality video, ensuring you don’t miss a single minute of the playoffs!
The slowest speed I reached with CyberGhost was 151Mbps with a New York server, which is still fast enough for watching the games in full HD while multitasking online. The provider also supports the most simultaneous device connections on this list — you can watch NBA games on up to 7 devices at once! I tested this by watching on 2 PCs, a Fire Stick, an Android phone, a MacBook, and an iPad simultaneously. There was no noticeable slowdown or lag with any of the streams.
You can check out CyberGhost’s optimized sports servers with its 45-day money-back guarantee. With a refund period this long, you can watch the entire playoffs with zero risk! I checked the policy by signing up for a 1-month plan and then contacted customer support through the live chat. Although the agent tried to convince me to stay, they immediately confirmed the refund after I told them I just didn’t need the service anymore. I received the refund transfer just 3 days later!
CyberGhost unblocks: Hulu, DAZN, Fox Sports, beIN Sports, BT Sport, YouTubeTV, Sling TV, NBC Sports, Amazon Prime Video, BBC Sport, and more.
CyberGhost works with: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Android TV, Fire TV, Apple TV, Kodi, various Smart TVs, select routers, and more.
3. Private Internet Access (PIA) — Watch the Playoffs With Friends on up to 10 Devices Simultaneously
- 34400 servers across 78+ countries for catching the action from anywhere
- Fast speeds and an unlimited data allowance
- Connect to 10 devices at the same time so your friends can also watch the Playoffs
- 24/7 support through live chat and email
- 30-day money-back guarantee
PIA lets you share your VPN connection with your friends so you can watch the Playoffs together on up to 10 devices at once. My team and I tested PIA with 10 devices and maintained high-quality streams. This means you’ll never have to miss a slam dunk because of lagging or interruptions.
PIA is a great option for new VPN users as its app interface is super user-friendly. It took me under a minute to set up my connection! All I had to do was select the US as my preferred country and press “On”.
The only minor downside to PIA is that its speeds tend to slow down based on your distance from the server. I experienced longer loading times and some buffering =when I connected to the “US East” server from my location in California. However, when using the same server, my colleague in New York maintained HD streaming quality and consistently fast speeds.
As with anything you’re potentially spending money on, I recommend you test PIA for yourself with its 30-day money-back guarantee. I tested the refund myself by connecting to the 24/7 live chat to ask for a refund. The PIA agent approved my request within minutes and my money was back in my account within 6 working days.
PIA unblocks: BBC Sport, Amazon Prime Video, DAZN, Sky Sports, BT Sport, Hotstar VIP, NBC Sports, ESPN, Telemundo, fuboTV, Hulu+Live TV, YouTube TV, ESPN+, and more.
PIA works with: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, routers, Chrome, Firefox, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV.
June 2021 Update! For a limited time only, save 77% on PIA's 2-year plan + get an additional 2 months free! Hurry and check out the deal here!
You Shouldn’t Use Free VPNs to Watch the 2021 NBA Playoffs — Here’s Why
I’ve done in-depth research on the best available free VPNs, but I wouldn’t recommend any for watching the NBA Playoffs due to technical or security issues.
Free VPNs are a bad choice for streaming because of their limited bandwidth, speeds, and small server networks. They can easily become overcrowded, leading to unstable connections with frequent buffering or dropping completely. Since they don’t have the resources to keep their IP and DNS addresses updated, they can’t bypass blocks on the most popular streaming platforms.
Since free VPNs need to make money, they’re known to sell your personal information when you use them. Some even sell user data to advertisers or give malicious third parties access to your network.
You can avoid all of these issues by choosing a quality premium VPN with a money-back guarantee. ExpressVPN has a large network of fast and responsive servers, making it perfect for streaming the NBA Playoffs. You can try it risk-free with its money-back guarantee.
FAQs on Watching the NBA Playoffs With a VPN
Can I watch the 2021 NBA Playoffs online for free?
There are no official high-quality free broadcasters, but several of the streaming services I listed have free trials. You can combine the free trials with the money-back guarantee of a VPN for risk-free access to several playoff games.
The top VPN on this list (ExpressVPN) offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it yourself and test a few streaming services to see which you like the best. Remember that you can also use a VPN to connect to a different country to get cheaper subscription prices!
What should I do if my VPN doesn’t unblock an NBA Playoff broadcaster?
Although my top VPN picks for watching the NBA Playoffs online are great at unblocking numerous broadcasters, other VPNs sometimes encounter errors. If you run into an issue, try the following:
- Choose a different server. There’s a chance the IP address is blocked, so you can connect to a new server to get a new virtual address. If the service is available in multiple countries, you could also try accessing it from a different country server.
- Clear your browser cache. Open your browser’s settings (often in the “history” section) and delete your cache and cookies. Then restart the page and try to connect again.
- Ask customer support. All of the VPNs on this list have support agents who can advise you on the best servers to pick and help fix technical issues.
What else can a VPN do besides help me watch the NBA Playoffs?
With a reliable premium VPN, you can:
- Unblock popular streaming services from anywhere. This ensures you won’t get the notorious Netflix proxy error and can access regional libraries for HBO, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more.
- Secure your devices and personal data. A VPN encrypts your devices, helping your data and internet traffic stay hidden from malicious parties and hackers. I always use a VPN on public WiFi to keep my devices secure from malicious users.
- Torrent anonymously. When you connect to a VPN, you get a temporary new IP and DNS address, preventing these downloads from being tied to your real identity.
Slam Dunk on Regional Blocks and Watch the 2021 NBA Playoffs Today!
The NBA Playoffs have many nerve-racking moments while the teams dribble to the very last moment as they move towards the Finals! Since every millisecond counts, you need a lightning-fast and lag-free VPN for the best streaming experience from anywhere.
With the fastest loading times and impressively high speeds, ExpressVPN is my top pick for watching the NBA Playoffs in 2021. You can watch all the games lag-free and in high resolution, along with other sporting events such as the NFL, MLB, and Premier League.
Test it out yourself — try ExpressVPN and watch the NBA Playoffs risk-free. If you’re not satisfied, you can get an instant refund with zero risk until the trial is up.