How to Watch Hamilton on Disney+ From Anywhere (2020)Last Updated by Rob Harvey on October 01, 2020
Hamilton was spectacular on broadway, but now you can watch it from the comfort of your home (without paying for an expensive broadway ticket). Here’s the catch: Disney+ is only available if you’re in one of the 11+ countries in its service area (like the UK, Germany, or Australia). This means if you try to watch Hamilton from anywhere else, you’ll get a frustrating error message:
The only way to watch Disney+ from anywhere is with a VPN. However, while many VPNs claim to unblock Disney+, my tests prove that not all can. To keep your movie night hassle-free, I tested over 25 VPNs with Disney+ and shortlisted the 5 best performers (that consistently work!).
If you want a quick answer: I highly recommend ExpressVPN for reliable connections and having the fastest speeds for bufferless HD streaming on Disney+.
Quick Guide: 3 Steps to Watch Hamilton on Disney Plus From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN as it consistently unblocks Disney+ and gave me the fastest speeds. You can try it for free for 30 days with its money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server in the Disney+ service area. ExpressVPN has servers in every Disney+ country, including over 25 server locations in the US alone.
- Start watching Hamilton! Simply sign in to Disney+ and select Hamilton — easy!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Hamilton on Disney Plus
Disney+ only works in 11+ select countries. While this includes some countries in North America (US, Canada), Western Europe (Germany, France, and more), and Asia-Pacific (India, Australia, New Zealand), you’ll be blocked from watching Hamilton without a Virtual Private Network (VPN) from anywhere else.
A VPN hides your real location by replacing your IP address with one in another location. This means if you’re traveling outside of the Disney+ countries, you can just connect to a server in the US and unblock the newest releases from anywhere.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hamilton on Disney Plus From Anywhere in October 2020
- 3,000+ servers worldwide and 1,000+ servers in Disney+ supported countries
- Fast speeds ideal for streaming in HD with no buffering
- Unlimited bandwidth for watching Hamilton and other Disney+ shows (and movies)
- Unblock Disney+ on up to 5 devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee to try it risk-free
I had the fastest speeds with ExpressVPN (over 58Mbps on average!), which makes it the top VPN for watching Disney+. Since the newest shows and movies are released on Disney+ US first, I tried my luck at connecting to a US server. I was happy that it only took 5 seconds to connect to one of ExpressVPN’s US servers. My fastest server in New York only took 3 seconds to connect.
To make sure I could consistently access Disney+, I tested the servers at different times throughout the day for a week. Of all the servers I tested, I never had to wait more than 8 seconds to connect and open Disney+ (which is extremely rare for even premium VPNs!). ExpressVPN consistently unblocked Disney+ and let me watch Hamilton in Ultra HD with no interruptions.
If you want to test its features with Disney+ for yourself, you can try ExpressVPN for free for 30 days with its money-back guarantee. I tried its features for 10 days before I requested to cancel my subscription on the 24/7 live chat. Since ExpressVPN has a no questions asked refund policy, the live chat agent immediately processed my refund. I received my money back in full a few days later.
ExpressVPN also unblocks: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO NOW, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer, and more
ExpressVPN works on: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Chrome, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and more
October 2020 Update: ExpressVPN has dropped prices so you can save up to 49%! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more deal information here.
- 5,500+ servers worldwide — including 3,500+ in Disney+ supported countries
- Consistently fast speeds to watch Hamilton with no buffering
- CyberSec technology blocks malware, ads, and pop-ups for no annoying interruptions while streaming
- Access Disney+ on up to 6 devices
- Money-back guarantee so you can try it free for 30 days
With over 3,500 servers in Disney+ supported countries, you’ll always be able to find a working connection to watch Hamilton. Since there are so many options available, I never had to deal with crowded servers and I only waited up to 3 seconds to connect during testing.
The speeds I experienced with NordVPN were slightly slower than ExpressVPN’s (42Mbps compared to 58Mbps), but I could still watch Disney+ in HD with minimal buffering.
In addition to Disney+, NordVPN’s built-in SmartPlay feature helps to seamlessly unblock Netflix, Hulu, and HBO to get access to even more global content (no matter where you are).
If you’re still not sure that this is the right VPN for you, you can try NordVPN for free for 30 days. After testing NordVPN for a few days, I requested to cancel my subscription through the 24/7 live chat. The agent tried to troubleshoot any issues, but I simply responded that I didn’t need the service anymore. After that, my refund was processed and the money was back in my account in 5 days.
NordVPN also unblocks: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO NOW, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer, and more
NordVPN works on: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Android TV, Chrome, and more
- 6,000+ global servers and 1,300+ servers in Disney+ supported countries
- Optimized servers for streaming on Disney+
- Split tunneling feature lets you connect to a server in a Disney+ country but also keep your virtual location
- Unblock Disney+ on up to 7 devices
- Money-back guarantee so you can try it for free for 30 days
You can automatically get the best streaming experience with CyberGhost’s optimized server for Disney+ US. This will give you the fastest speeds with minimal lags for watching Hamilton. I was able to watch shows on Disney+ within 3 seconds after connecting to CyberGhost’s dedicated server — and I experienced speeds of 25Mbps on average!
When I tested a non-optimized CyberGhost server to watch Disney+, I was still always able to find a working connection within 10 seconds. Even when I tried connecting to servers far away in Australia, I could watch my favorite movies in HD with minimal buffering.
You can try CyberGhost for free for 45 days. I tested this by using CyberGhost for 35 days before cancelling my subscription with the 24/7 live chat. After the agent asked me a few questions about my experience with the service, I just responded that I didn’t need the service anymore. I had my money back a few days later.
CyberGhost also unblocks: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, and more
CyberGhost works on: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome, and more
CyberGhost's Latest Deal October 2020: Get an 18-month subscription for the price of the 12-month plan — which means you get 6 months completely free! Prices start at only $2.75/month. See more information on this offer here.
- 1,700+ global servers and 200+ servers in Disney+ supported countries
- Unlimited bandwidth for watching Hamilton as many times as you like
- Consistent fast speeds even with multiple devices connected
- Access Disney+ on an unlimited number of devices
- Money-back guarantee to try it for free for 30 days
You can connect an unlimited number of your devices to watch Disney+ at the same time with Surfshark. This means you can share your subscription with your family or friends and pay even less to watch Disney+ from anywhere.
I had no trouble finding a working connection with servers in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. When I tried connecting to different servers at various times throughout the week, I was always able to unblock Disney+ without a problem.
I was amazed that Surfshark maintains fast speeds even with multiple devices connected. During testing, I had speeds fast enough to stream in HD (30Mbps) with minimal buffering even with more than 2 devices connected.
While Surfshark has the most affordable 3-year plan, you can also try Surfshark for free for 30 days. After testing its features for 10 days, I requested a refund through its 24/7 live chat. My money was back in my account in full within a few days.
Surfshark also unblocks: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and more
Surfshark works on: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and more
- 150+ servers worldwide and 40+ servers in Disney+ supported countries
- Easily unblock Disney+ and other streaming platforms
- Fast speeds to watch Hamilton uninterrupted in HD
- Unblock Disney+ on up to 6 devices
- Money-back guarantee to try risk-free for 30 days
Even though PrivateVPN has the smallest server network of all VPNs on this list, I didn’t have any issue unblocking Disney+ with its servers. I thought I would have trouble unblocking tough streaming services, but to my surprise PrivateVPN could reliably access Disney+ from anywhere.
When I tested PrivateVPN’s Disney+ servers in Austria and Switzerland, I had the slowest speeds of all the VPNs on this list (15Mbps). However, the speeds were still fast enough to stream in HD. I tried watching Disney+ at various times of the day and I never experienced any lag or buffering.
You can try PrivateVPN for free for 30 days with its money-back guarantee. However, you can only get a refund if you submit a customer support ticket before the 30 days are up. When I tried this, it took longer than with a VPN’s 24/7 live chat. Nevertheless, I received my money back in 6 business days.
PrivateVPN also unblocks: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and more
PrivateVPN works on: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and more
Why You Shouldn’t Use a Free VPN With Disney Plus
Disney+ has strict restrictions preventing anyone outside one of its supported countries from accessing its content. These restrictions are a big hurdle to get around — even for the best free VPNs.
Free VPNs tend to have slow speeds due to the large number of users connected to a limited server network, which results in lags, buffering, and slow loading times. If you do manage to unblock Disney+ with a free VPN (which is highly unlikely), you will experience constant interruptions while you try to watch Hamilton.
The biggest issue with using a free VPN is the lack of security. If you connect to a free VPN, your privacy and personal data are at risk. Not only can cybercriminals break into free VPNs easily, some providers actually sell your data to third parties to make money.
The only way to guarantee being able to watch Hamilton on Disney+ and keep your data safe is by using a premium VPN. While Surfshark has the best value, my personal recommendation is ExpressVPN for reliable security and the fastest speeds.
By taking advantage of its money-back guarantee, you can actually try ExpressVPN for free for 30 days. When I tried the money-back guarantee, I was impressed with ExpressVPN’s “no questions asked” refund policy (which no other VPN on this list provides). My request was processed within a few minutes and the money was back in my account in just 5 days.
FAQs on Watching Hamilton on Disney Plus With a VPN
😎 Can I use Disney Plus on all my devices?
Yes, you can watch Hamilton and other shows on Disney+ on any of your devices. When I tested it on my Windows PC and Android, I was able to unblock the streaming service seamlessly. You can also watch Disney+ on:
- Smart phones, tablets, and computers: iOS, Mac, Chromebook, and Amazon Fire Tablet
- Smart TVs: Android TV, Samsung Tizen Smart TV, and LG WebOS Smart TV
- Connected TVs and streaming devices: Amazon FireTV, Apple AirPlay, Apple TV (4th generation and later), Chromecast, Roku, and Vizio SmartCast TV
- Gaming consoles: PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
😀 What other shows and movies can I watch on Disney Plus?
Disney+ has hundreds of originals shows and movies you can watch. Historically, Disney has been linked to children’s entertainment, but there’s something for everyone, including:
- Musicals: The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, High School Musical: The Series, High School Musical 2, and more
- Star Wars content: The Mandalorian, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Resistance, and more
- Marvel content: X-Men: The Animated Series, Agent Carter, Runaways, Avengers Endgame, Avengers: The Age of Ultron, Thor, Doctor Strange, and more
There are multiple family bundles available to ensure everyone can watch what they want. My personal favorite is the Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu bundle — which is much cheaper than subscribing to each one individually.
😉 Can I watch Hamilton anywhere else besides Disney Plus?
No, Hamilton is exclusive to Disney+ so you won’t be able to watch this top Broadway musical on any other streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video. Keep in mind that you’ll still need a VPN to unblock these streaming services from abroad.
🤩 What else can I do with a VPN?
You can use a VPN for:
- Unblocking global content: If your favorite shows and movies aren’t available in your country, you can use a VPN to watch them from wherever you are.
- Protecting your online data: The internet can be a dangerous place as cybercriminals find sophisticated methods to get their hands on your personal information. A VPN protects your data and stops prying eyes and hackers from getting access.
- Bypassing censorship: If you’re in a country where the internet is heavily censored, a VPN will allow you access to blocked sites and content.
- Downloading torrents safely: Torrenting can expose you to risks such as malware, data theft, and more. A VPN can protect you from all of these online threats, so you can download without worry.
Don’t Lose Your Chance to Watch Hamilton on Disney Plus
For the first time ever, Hamilton will finally be available to watch offstage. The only way you can watch it if you don’t live in a country with Disney+ support is with a VPN.
A VPN is a simple and inexpensive way to catch this multi award-winning Broadway musical from anywhere. Premium VPNs like ExpressVPN can also unblock the biggest streaming platforms, like Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and BBC iPlayer.
I personally recommend ExpressVPN as it consistently unblocks Disney+ and provides fast speeds and connections. With the option to try ExpressVPN for free for 30 days, you won’t be able to say no to its premium features while watching Hamilton on Disney+.