How to Watch Black Widow on Disney+ Abroad in 2021
I’ve been waiting for a long time for Black Widow’s upcoming solo film, so I was ecstatic when I found out that I can watch it on Disney+. The excitement turned to disappointment when I realized that my Disney+ account is inaccessible in the country I’m currently visiting. Luckily, I found an easy solution before I accidentally read a spoiler online.
To watch Black Widow from anywhere, all you need is a virtual private network (VPN). Out of the 25+ VPNs I tested, ExpressVPN managed to bypass Disney+’s geoblocks and maintain reliably fast speeds. Try it for yourself with ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee. This gives you more than enough time to check out all of its features, risk-free.
Quick Guide: Watch Black Widow on Disney+ From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN for its lightning-fast connection speeds. It’s also backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it yourself risk-free.
- Connect to a server in the US. Your VPN will give you a US IP address and unblock Disney+.
- Sign up or log in to Disney+ and start watching Black Widow.
How a VPN Helps You Watch Black Widow From Anywhere
Disney+ is in the process of rolling out the service to all countries in the world, but at the moment, it’s only accessible to users in a few selected locations including (but not limited to):
Even if you’ve purchased a subscription, once you leave one of these locations, you’re going to lose access to all the content that you’ve already paid for. In this case, a VPN will allow you to enjoy Disney+ content, wherever you might be.
A VPN masks your actual location by giving you a different IP address. When you connect to a reliable VPN, your traffic gets routed through one of their servers in your chosen location. This makes platforms such as Disney+ think that you’re trying to access the content from a location where it’s available. A VPN makes it possible for you to make the most out of your Disney+ subscription, and to watch Black Widow as soon as possible.
I’m happy to announce that, thanks to ExpressVPN, I’ve finally seen Black Widow on Disney+. I did not experience slowdowns, interruptions, or buffering – an amazing streaming experience for an equally amazing film. Try it out for yourself: ExpressVPN is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you experience any slowdowns or interruptions, you will be refunded, no questions asked!
The Best VPNs to Watch Black Widow on Disney+ in October 2021
- 3000 servers in 94 locations across the world, allowing you to watch Black Widow wherever you might be
- Consistently fast speeds on all servers – watch Black Widow without buffering or lags
- Unblocks Disney+ as well as Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, and Amazon Prime
- 30-day money-back guarantee so you can buy in confidence
ExpressVPN is my top choice because it’s fast, easy to use, and reliable. It does the job of unblocking Disney+, and it does that exceptionally well. I was able to connect to a US server in a few seconds, and enjoyed Black Widow in HD, without any lags or interruptions. ExpressVPN servers performed consistently well during testing.
The best part about ExpressVPN is that it also unblocks other geoblocked platforms and content libraries such as Hulu and HBO GO. I’ve also unlocked various Netflix content libraries from all over the world. ExpressVPN has opened up an entirely new world of content for me to binge-watch, and I can enjoy every second of it without lag.
ExpressVPN is a bit pricier than other VPNs, so it’s understandable to want to try it out before committing (especially since you’ll save more money if you go for a long-term plan). ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee will allow you to test its features and performance in confidence. If you decide that it’s not for you, you will receive a refund.
ExpressVPN works with: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Linux, routers, Chrome, Kindle, Firefox, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Smart TVs.
ExpressVPN unblocks: Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, YouTube TV, ESPN, and more.
October 2021 Update! ExpressVPN has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $6.67 per month for the 1-year plan (you can save up to 49%) + 3 months free! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 6900 servers in 90 countries across the globe, ensuring access to Black Widow and other Disney+ shows from anywhere
- Optimized servers reliably unblocks geoblocked content
- Connects up to 7 devices simultaneously – host a Black Widow virtual streaming party with your friends
- 45-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free
CyberGhost has dedicated servers for Disney+, and these servers are designed for reliability and performance. As testing shows, CyberGhost’s dedicated streaming servers consistently unblock Disney+ (and other platforms, too). I was able to stream Black Widow without interruptions while connected to a Disney+ optimized server.
CyberGhost also has optimized servers for other bandwidth-heavy activities such as torrenting and gaming. I guess my only problem with CyberGhost is the clunky interface: I wish I had more control on the size of the app window.
If you’re looking for a reliable VPN for a wide variety of streaming platforms, try out CyberGhost. Its generous 45-day money-back guarantee ensures that you can test everything that its optimized servers have to offer, risk free.
CyberGhost works with: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Linux, routers, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Smart TVs.
CyberGhost also unblocks: Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, YouTube TV, ESPN, and more.
October 2021 Update: CyberGhost has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $2.25 per month for the 2-year plan (you can save up to 83%)! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
3. Private Internet Access (PIA) — Reliable US Server Connections for Guaranteed Access to Black Widow
- 34400 servers in 78 locations, making Black Widow accessible to you wherever you are
- Consistently fast downloading speeds for a seamless movie watching experience
- Allows up to 10 device connections
- Backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you will get a refund if you don’t like it
Private Internet Access (PIA) has a long list of servers, and that reflects in a consistently fast connection speed. With all VPNs, the more users there are trying to connect to a server in a given connection, the more overcrowded the server becomes, resulting in slowdowns. However, PIA users have a lot of server choices, and as a result, I didn’t experience any buffering while streaming Black Widow.
PIA is one of the cheapest VPNs in the market, and definitely one of the most intuitive. Testing also pointed to a consistently good performance. My only problem with PIA is privacy-related: it’s a US-based company so it’s right at the heart of the notorious five-eyes alliance, a coalition of countries that agreed to spy on its people.
PIA is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can test it out for yourself, risk-free.
PIA works with: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Linux, routers, Kindle, Chrome, Firefox, PlayStation, Xbox, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Smart TVs.
PIA also unblocks: Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, YouTube TV, and more.
October 2021 Update! For a limited time only, save 83% on PIA's 3-year plan and get an additional 2 months free + Free Antivirus! Hurry and check out the deal here!
How to Sign up With Disney+ and Watch Black Widow
You can sign up for Disney+ on its official website (or via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) using your credit/debit card or Paypal. Planning to travel? Remember to sign up before leaving the US (or any other location where Disney+ is available) because signing up for Disney+ abroad could breach its terms and conditions.
- Download a VPN. I use ExpressVPN for Disney+ because of the lightning-fast connection speeds. Connect to a server in a location where Disney+ is available.
- Visit the Disney+ website. Check out the Disney Bundle: this deal includes all Disney+ titles, plus ESPN, and Hulu.
- Create an account and set up your billing information. You can pay with a VISA, Mastercard, or American Express credit card, Bancontact debit card, debit card with Maestro, or with Paypal.
- Enjoy watching Black Widow.
How to Watch Black Widow on Different Devices
There are multiple ways to watch your favorite shows on Disney+ online, as it works on a variety of devices. If you’re a first-time VPN user and not sure how it works, follow the quick guides below to watch Black Widow on your preferred device.
Desktop/Laptop (Mac or Windows)
2. Launch the VPN app. Log in using your credentials, and connect to a server located in the US, Canada, the UK, or Australia.
3. Log in to Disney+. Enjoy Black Widow!
Smartphone/Tablet (Android, iOS)
1. Download/Install a VPN. Make sure you download the official app for your device. ExpressVPN’s Android and iOS app works really well with Disney+.
2. Connect to a server in the US. After you’ve logged in, connect to a server in the US or another location where Disney+ is available.
3. Download the official Disney+ app. Download the official Disney+ Android or iOS app, log in with your Disney+ credentials and enjoy Black Widow!
1. Download a VPN from the Android TV app store. For a more straightforward experience, choose a VPN with a dedicated app for Android TV, like ExpressVPN.
2. Log in to the VPN. Once you’re logged in, connect to a server located in the US or any other country where Disney+ is available.
3. Launch the Disney+ app. Disney+ has a native Android TV app; download it if you haven’t already. Sign in with your credentials, and enjoy Black Widow!
1. Download/Install a VPN. Not all VPNs work natively on Amazon Fire, but ExpressVPN does.
2. Set up the VPN. Not sure how to do that? Here’s a quick guide.
3. Download the Disney+ app. Sign in with your credentials, and enjoy Black Widow!
FAQs on Watching Black Widow With a VPN
Is Black Widow available on a different platform?
Black Widow was initially available to stream exclusively on Disney+, but starting August 10, 2021, Black Widow will be available for $30 on other video on demand (VOD) platforms such as:
If you’re already subscribed to one of these services, you don’t need to purchase a Disney+ subscription just to watch Black Widow. All you have to do is purchase the film on your chosen platform, and enjoy!
Do I have to pay to watch Black Widow?
Yes. You need to sign up and pay for a Disney+ subscription to be able to watch Black Widow.
When was Black Widow released on Disney+?
Black Widow was released on Disney+ on July 9, 2021 as a Premier Access title. With Premier Access titles, you have to pay a one-time fee of $30, in addition to your Disney+ subscription.
After you’ve purchased Black Widow, it will be available in your library for as long as you have a Disney+ subscription. You can rewatch it as many times as you want!
Can I watch Black Widow on Disney+ for free?
Black Widow was a Premier Access title on Disney+ when it was first released – but the good news is that all Premier Access titles become available to watch for free (as part of your Disney+ subscription) 91 days after their release – in the case of Black Widow, that’s October 6th 2021.
Some people are eligible to a free Disney+ subscription, including:
- Some Verizon subscribers – Verizon includes a “Disney+ on us” deal with some of their subscription plans
- Some US Mobile plan subscribers – some US Mobile lines come with a Disney+ – Hulu – ESPN Plus subscription
- Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers – an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription comes with free 6 months of Disney+
- XBox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers – every Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription comes with a free 30-day Disney+ access
- Disney Park employees – park employees have the choice between the Disney Parks Main Entrance Pass, or a Disney+ streaming bundle.
Another way you can save money is through subscription bundles. For example, instead of paying for a Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney subscription separately, you can purchase a Disney+ bundle that includes all three. It’s way cheaper!
In which Marvel movies does the Black Widow appear?
Black Widow has appeared in 8 Marvel movies so far:
- Iron Man 2
- The Avengers
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Captain America: Civil War
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Avengers: Endgame
All of these movies are available on Disney+, and like Black Widow, they will not be accessible to you if you’re outside the US. ExpressVPN is the best VPN to access your Disney+ subscription and enjoy all of these movies wherever you might be in the world.
What else can I watch on Disney+?
After you’ve enjoyed Black Widow, there’s a wide array of shows and movies to watch on Disney+. Once you have your VPN set up, you can add some of these titles on your to-watch list:
- Marvel movies and TV shows such as Iron Man, Captain America and WandaVision
- Brand new Disney animated films such as Luca, Raya and the Last Dragon, and Moana
- Award-winning musicals such as Black is King, Hamilton, and Annie
- National Geographic documentaries like Free Solo, Diana, and Before the Flood
- Classic movies like 101 Dalmatians, Old Yeller, and the entire Star Wars saga
- Shows from Star like Love Victor, Big Sky, and Scream Queens
Can a VPN do more than help me watch Black Widow?
Aside from giving you uninterrupted access to Black Widow (and everything else that Disney+ has to offer), a VPN will also:
- Unblock other geoblocked content libraries. A VPN will give you access to shows and movies that are not available in your current location.
- Prevent ISP throttling. Your internet service provider (ISP) can slow down your connection for various reasons. A VPN will ensure that you’re getting your money’s worth by preventing ISP throttling.
- Protect your sensitive data. VPNs will encrypt your internet traffic, ensuring that no one has access to your personal information.
- Help you bypass government firewalls. If you’re traveling to an area under strict government surveillance, a VPN will help you access your favorite sites and social media platforms.
A VPN won’t only help you make the most out of your subscriptions, it will also help you keep yourself safe online. ExpressVPN allows 5 simultaneous connections, which means that you’ll be getting all of these perks on all of your devices.
Can I watch Black Widow with a free VPN?
Yes, but I don’t really recommend it. Some free VPNs might unblock Disney+, but using them will severely impact your movie-viewing experience. Some free VPNs offer only a small number of servers in a couple of locations, causing overcrowding and slow connections.
Even if you do find a good, free VPN that can unblock Disney+, they might impose a strict monthly bandwidth limitation on your usage. Some free VPNs’ bandwidth allocations are so small you wouldn’t even be able to watch the movie in full.
There are privacy issues associated with using free VPNs – a lot of free VPN providers sell records of your internet traffic to third parties such as governments and advertisers. On top of that, free VPNs don’t have the robust security features that paid VPNs do, so your personal data can be misused, or worse, stolen. If there’s one thing I don’t take lightly, it’s internet security.
Premium VPNs are easy to use, fast, and secure. In my opinion, the benefits are worth it. My top choice, ExpressVPN, has a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is more than enough time to check the features out yourself. If you don’t like it, you will get a full refund, no questions asked.
Start Watching Black Widow From Anywhere Today
Every other Avenger’s enjoyed their box-office spotlight, and Black Widow’s is definitely long overdue. If you’re a Disney+ subscriber like me, having no access to the film just because you’re outside the US is really inconvenient (to put it lightly). Luckily, a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN has allowed me to enjoy Black Widow a few weeks after its official release.
Any of the three VPNs I recommended above will unblock Disney+ for you, and let you stream Black Widow wherever you might be, whenever you want it. If you’re tired of dodging spoilers online, download ExpressVPN and watch Black Widow now. ExpressVPN offers a reliable 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out for yourself. If you realize that it’s not for you, you will get a refund, no questions asked.