How to Watch UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone From AnywhereLast Updated by Julia Olech on April 29, 2020
Don’t miss the epic showdown between Conor McGregor and Donald Cerrone! Get a premium VPN now so you can live stream UFC 246 from anywhere in the world.
I’ve tested dozens of VPNs to find the best provider for watching UFC fights online. As a sports streaming fan, ExpressVPN is my top choice for streaming UFC 246.
Follow my easy steps below to set up a VPN and live stream McGregor vs. Cerrone. Get ready to catch every KO and submission!
How to Watch UFC 246 on ESPN+ PPV (US)
- Get a VPN with fast US servers. I recommend ExpressVPN as its fast speeds are perfect for streaming live UFC fights.
- Launch your VPN and connect a server in the US.
- Go to plus.espn.com. Log in to your account or sign up for an ESPN+ subscription.
- Buy the UFC PPV 246 event. If you’re outside the US, you can use PayPal but you’ll need to provide a US ZIP code.
- When the main fight card starts, start live streaming!
How to Stream UFC 246 on BT Sport (UK)
- Subscribe to a VPN with UK servers. ExpressVPN is my top pick as it can access restricted streaming services, like BT Sport, and it has fast streaming speeds.
- Open your BT TV Box and buy a PPV game pass from the BT Sport Box Office. You can’t get this game pass online or over the phone.
- On the day of the fight, launch your VPN and connect to a UK server.
- Go to BT Sport app on your Apple, Android or Windows 10 smartphone or tablet
- Start streaming the fight!
How to Watch UFC 246 on DAZN (Germany)
- Download and launch ExpressVPN. I’ve tested dozens of VPNs with DAZN, and only ExpressVPN is able to access DAZN Germany.
- Connect to a German server. All of ExpressVPN’s German servers worked during the time of my testing.
- Go to watch.dazn.com and log in to your account. If you’re a new subscriber, you can get a free trial for a month.
- Live stream the fight!
Get Access to UFC 246 on MainEvent (Australia)
- Download a VPN with servers in Australia. I suggest ExpressVPN as it has reliable and fast server connections for live streaming.
- Log in to your VPN and connect to an Australian server.
- Buy a MainEvent PPV pass on the Foxtel or Optus website. You must be an existing Foxtel or Optus subscriber.
- On the day of the fight, enjoy streaming the live event!
3 Best VPNs for Watching UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone
1. ExpressVPN — The Fastest Speeds for Streaming the UFC and Other Live Sports
- 3,000+ servers in 94 countries
- Ultra-fast speeds for streaming sports in HD
- Stream the UFC on 5 devices simultaneously
- 24/7 customer service
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is my first choice for streaming the UFC as it offers the fastest speeds of any VPN I’ve ever tested. The provider has zero bandwidth restrictions, so you can stream and download as much as you want, without any buffering or lagging.
ExpressVPN will automatically find the fastest server connection for you based on your location. However, choosing a specific server location is also very simple as the app is extremely user-friendly. You can quickly browse through all server locations and connect by double-clicking on a chosen server.
The desktop and mobile app have the same user interface, so it’s easy to to switch between devices. You can connect up to 5 devices at the same time — you can even connect devices that don’t usually support a VPN connection with the MediaStreamer feature. This includes PlayStation4, Xbox and Chromecast.
Don’t leave it to the last minute to make plans for streaming the UFC online! Try ExpressVPN now with its 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s a risk-free way to test the streaming speeds and features before you fully commit.
ExpressVPN unblocks: DAZN, ESPN+, BT Sport, MainEvent, Eurosport, Sporza, Sport1, SkySports, Sportsnet, France TV Sport, HRT Sport, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO GO, and SlingTV.
ExpressVPN works on: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Blackberry, Chromebook, Xbox, PlayStation4, Firefox, Chrome, and routers.
2. NordVPN — Huge Global Server Network for Watching the UFC
- 5,200+ global servers in 59 countries
- Fast streaming speeds with close-to-zero buffering
- Stream UFC fights on 6 devices at the same time
- 24/7 customer service available
- 30-day money-back guarantee
NordVPN is another great choice for streaming the UFC due to its huge global network of servers. It has over 5,000 servers around the world, including 1,656 servers in the US, 608 servers in the UK, and 260 servers in Australia. This vast number of servers ensures you’ll never need to compete with other users for servers or fast speeds.
During my tests, I quickly connected to servers in the US, UK, and Australia — and enjoyed a smooth streaming experience with very minimal buffering. NordVPN offers 6 device connections at the same time, so your family and friends can watch the UFC fight too.
Unfortunately, NordVPN can’t access DAZN Germany (but it can access DAZN Canada and Japan).
NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can download the VPN and try it for yourself without any risk. If you change your mind later, it’s easy to contact the customer support team via live chat and request a refund.
NordVPN unblocks: ESPN+, BT Sport, Sky Sports, MainEvent, Eurosport, Sporza, Channel 7, Sport1, France TV Sport, HRT Sport, Sportsnet, Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, HBO GO, Showtime, and SlingTV.
NordVPN works on: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Blackberry, SmartTV, Chrome, Firefox, and routers.
3. CyberGhost — Watch the UFC on Servers Optimized for Live Sports Streaming
- 5,500+ servers across 90 countries
- Dedicated sports servers optimized for fast streaming
- Watch the UFC on up to 7 devices
- 24/7 customer service
- 45-day money-back guarantee
CyberGhost is a solid option for streaming live UFC fights as it offers servers optimized for streaming sports. CyberGhost even has servers specifically configured for ESPN+. I streamed previous UFC fights on its optimized servers and I enjoyed minimal buffering, no connection errors, and high-quality resolution.
However, its dedicated sport streaming servers are only available in select countries, such as the US and UK. To stream the UFC in Australia, you’ll have to connect to a regular server.
Unfortunately, CyberGhost is also unable to access DAZN in Germany, so this isn’t a good option for streaming the UFC if you’ve got an existing DAZN subscription.
You can try CyberGhost for free with its 45-day money-back guarantee. This is the longest money-back guarantee period available for a premium VPN, so I’d take full advantage of it!
CyberGhost unblocks: ESPN+, BT Sport, MainEvent, Sky Sports, Eurosport, Sport1, Sporza, HRT Sport, Europe 1, France TV Sport, RMC Sport, Sportsnet, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, HBO GO, and NowTV.
CyberGhost works on: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, SmartTV, Amazon Fire Stick, and routers.
Why You Need a VPN to Stream the UFC
Depending on your location, streaming services will block you from streaming the UFC. For instance, ESPN+ won’t let you watch the UFC if you’re living or traveling outside the US. But a quality VPN will hide your location so you can access any streaming service from anywhere in the world.
A VPN connects your device to a server in any country you choose. All your internet activity will now pass through this server — and you’ll appear as though you’re physically inside this country. This means you can keep up with UFC fights on streaming platforms like ESPN+, BT Sport, DAZN, and more.
Make sure you choose a quality VPN with fast and reliable connection speeds. This is especially important for streaming live sports, like the UFC. You don’t want to miss a single moment of the action because of buffering or lagging!
Free VPNs Won’t Work — Here’s Why
Unfortunately, no free VPN can live stream a full UFC fight. Free VPNs simply don’t have the resources to provide a quality streaming experience, which is especially important for live sports events. You can expect constant lagging and buffering — if your video even loads.
Free VPNs are also known for selling your personal data to earn revenue. This results in your device being targeted with endless pop-up ads.
My advice is to download a quality VPN with a money-back guarantee. My top VPN choice, ExpressVPN, has a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can use it for a month for free. Simply contact customer service before the 30-day period is over, and your money will be refunded.
Don’t Miss A Single Moment of the UFC 246 Fight Card
With both McGregor and Cerrone promising knockouts, you won’t want to miss any of the action. Get a quality VPN now so you can catch every single punch, kick, and submission!
Not sure which VPN to choose? My top choice for watching the UFC is ExpressVPN as it has extremely fast streaming speeds with no buffering or lagging.
With a VPN, you can even stream upcoming UFC fights and other sports games — including the Australian Open, NBA, Six Nations, Champions League, and more.