How to Cancel Avira Phantom Pro VPN and Get a Refund — the Results Will Surprise YouLast Updated by John Bennet on July 29, 2019
If you want to try out Avira Phantom VPN, you’ll be glad to know that they offer you a chance to try the VPN risk-free for 30 days, providing your money back if you choose to cancel.
During the first 30 days, you have access to all of Avira Phantom Pro VPN’s features and servers and can use it on an unlimited number of devices, including mobile.
If you want a refund before the 30 days are up, our guide will explain how to cancel your subscription, and the steps you’ll need to take to get your money back. To provide first-hand information, we first subscribed to Avira Phantom Pro VPN and tested how they handle refunds. If you’ve already tried Avira and are looking for a change, we strongly recommend ExpressVPN, which is one of the best VPNs on the market and also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: 4 Steps to Get an Avira Phantom Pro VPN Refund
- Log into your Avira Phantom Pro VPN account.
- Turn your subscription off.
- Log onto Cleverbridge site.
- Enter order number into form and request refund.
How We Canceled Avira Phantom Pro and Got a Full Refund
The Avira Phantom Pro VPN refund process is a little different from most. While turning your subscription off is rather easy, you have to request the refund from a separate company who handles their transactions.
To begin the process:
- Log into your account on the Avira site
- Turn your subscription off
- After doing so, you’ll get a confirmation screen that asks if you’d like to take an optional survey
- Now for the refund. It took some digging within the Avira knowledge base to find out how to get your money back. You have to navigate over to the Cleversafe website to begin the refund process
- Next, fill in the form, and use the order/reference number that you received when you first signed up for the service
- You’ll receive an automated confirmation email, and have your money back within 1-2 days
Who is eligible for the money-back guarantee?
Avira Phantom Pro VPN will ask you to fill out a survey, but it’s not required to get the refund.
It’s not commendable that Avira hides the refund process instructions in their knowledge base section of their site, and it is not ideal that you have to request your refund from a separate entity.
Still, the process is rather simple, and you will get your refund in a few days without any added hassle. To make the process faster, make sure you already have your order/reference number on hand when you go to the Cleverbridge site to request the refund.
We can conclude that Avira Phantom Pro VPN is true to their word about their money-back policy, which does their VPN a truly risk-free service.