4 Steps to Unblock Amazon Prime Video from Turkey (Updated 2020)Last Updated by Denise Sullivan on June 01, 2020
Amazon Prime started life as a convenient online rental service, and the company added video streaming of select movies and TV programs in 2012.
Unblocking the Geo-block
If you’re in Turkey and connect to an American proxy, the Amazon servers can’t differentiate this from your actual location and allow you to access the US Amazon Video catalog.
These services both offer unlimited bandwidth to keep up with the large video file transfers, and an expansive server network.
To bypass the geo-blocking restriction:
You must already have an Amazon Prime account to enjoy Prime video streaming. Amazon offers a 30-day free trial for US customers, with monthly or annual payment options.
What Keeps You from Watching Amazon Prime
United States shows, as well as shows created in other countries, are restricted by copyright and distribution laws, making them only available within the nation of origin, or elsewhere licensed, meaning they cannot be streamed in all other countries.
Amazon Prime Videos You May Enjoy
Amazon Prime Videos’ streaming catalog is constantly updating and ever expanding. The internet giant followed in Netflix’s footsteps by producing original content and making it available in addition to network series and mainstream blockbusters.
There are many titles to choose from, including the following Amazon originals.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: the award-winning comedy/drama surrounding a housewife who discovers she has a talent for standup comedy after her husband leaves.
- Sneaky Pete: American crime drama series following convict, Marius Josipovic, after he adopts his former cell mate’s identity, hoping to avoid his past.
- The Man in High Castle: drama set in a dystopian alternate reality, where the Axis powers prevailed during World War II. The eastern part of the United States is now the Greater Nazi Reich, while the west is the Japanese Pacific States.
- Jack Ryan: American action/political thriller based on the characters created by Tom Clancy.
- Bosch: A police procedural inspired by the Michael Connelly novels: City of Bones, Echo Park, and The Concrete Blonde.
- The Grand Tour: A British Motoring series with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May, previously of BBC’s Top Gear.
Of course, Amazon also offers many main-stream shows to binge watch including some classics.
- The Andy Griffith Show
- I Love Lucy
- The Twilight Zone
- Star Trek (Original, The Next Generation, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise)
Amazon Prime also offers more contemporary shows.
- Downton Abbey
- The Wire
- Sex and the City
- American Gothic
For movie lovers, some of the titles you can watch include:
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Star Trek (2009)
- Daddy’s Home 2
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
These are just an example of the extensive library offered by Amazon Prime in the US.
As most VPN services do offer a money back guarantee, we recommend you try paid service instead of opting for limiting free providers.